TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Finish Him!

Why is the Orton running kick sold as death, taking victims out for weeks or months when similar type moves happen as part of a match? How can it be sold to be so much more potent than a pile driver, running knee, chair shot, DDT? Super Kick, Pedigree etc?

Maybe it'll turn out that he has a steel-toed boot. :P

..it reminds me of when wrestlers used to take off one of their boots and beat the other guy with it. I always thought, wouldn't actually hurt more if you left the boot on and just kicked the crap out of the guy since you can put your full weight into a kick or a stomp? :P

Maybe it'll turn out that he has a steel-toed boot. :P

..it reminds me of when wrestlers used to take off one of their boots and beat the other guy with it. I always thought, wouldn't actually hurt more if you left the boot on and just kicked the crap out of the guy since you can put your full weight into a kick or a stomp? :P

I also don't understand how that's illegal either. Matt Striker was saying anything apart of your gear can be used in a match, which is why Paul Burchill's kneebrace knee drops were legal.

Maybe they have to have "medical clearance" to be wearing the braces. Kayfabe of course.

:lol: remember Greg Valentine's Shin Guard? Or D'Lo's Chest Protector? Good times.

Why is the Orton running kick sold as death, taking victims out for weeks or months when similar type moves happen as part of a match? How can it be sold to be so much more potent than a pile driver, running knee, chair shot, DDT? Super Kick, Pedigree etc?

Why is it Sweet Chin Music is more "deadly" than a regular Superkick, or Jake Roberts' DDT/Raven's Evenflow/Dreamer's DDT more effective than a regular DDT? This point can be made about any move that is used as a finisher.

Why is it Sweet Chin Music is more "deadly" than a regular Superkick, or Jake Roberts' DDT/Raven's Evenflow/Dreamer's DDT more effective than a regular DDT? This point can be made about any move that is used as a finisher.

What if someone were to use a punch as a finisher?

regal.jpg

It all comes down to how it is supposed to be used in the end. Michaels "loads" his boot, Orton has the running start, etc. If built up right, almost any regular move can have the same result.

KerryVonErich001.jpg

Remember when Batista was killing people with a clothesline? Those were the days.

Same with Stan Hansen... his lariat was certifiably deadly.

the-big-show.jpg

Diesel and Johnny B. Badd both used a left-handed blow to take out their opponents. Are we counting the dreaded Heart Punch? Because Stan Stasiak, Mean Mark and Crush all used that as a finisher. Certainly others that I cannot think of right now.

abbott.jpg

the-big-show.jpg

Aw dammit, I wanted that Gif for my sig, Truthiness.

Okay, everyone who posted a picture has thoroughly proven me wrong. ^^;

Aw dammit, I wanted that Gif for my sig, Truthiness.

I say that it's okay for you to have it as well. But don't bump the "Cena's dad" image. Better left side by side.

dandy.jpg

I dunno...I kinda doubt El Dandy ever knocked anyone out with a punch...

Nope... I'm not gonna say it...

... what, were you expecting a swerve? I'm not gonna say it...

alright...

WHO ARE YOU TO DOUBT EL DANDY?!?!?!

EDIT: That fuckin' faggot bob...

06.jpg