TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xavier Cromartie

Changes made by Barack Obama

And the DTV Delay Act passes...Obama will sign it next week and the digital transition is now pushed back (again) to June 12. However, it leaves open for stations to make the transition whenever. My local Fox affiliate has already gone on record saying on Feb. 18 they will make the transition anyway. So now we have a new deadline until they push it back again.

Actually thus far Obama has been on the ball everysince he was sworn in....He was on a while ago and got to make an announcement to the Florida crowd that Senate passed the stimulus package this afternoon. Now it goes back to the house to see what or if they will pass this one or say "Hey nope we don't like it we want something else"....I mean Obama has got to be given a chance.

I was at Walmart in the check out the other day and they had the time Magazine Inaugaration book. I picked it up and put it on the top of my basket and I look around and this old guy in front of me in the check out is glaring holes thru me...I mean right thru me . I don't know if beacuse I am a caucassion woman buying the book or what but he made me nervous. Cashier saw him and she had her hand on the phone said she was about to call someone...He only had a couple of things so she hurried up and rang the guy out and moved him on....I mean comeon yes I'm a Texan and yea its a Republican state but still I have a right to buy what I want...Clerk and I had a laugh about it when we were checking out....I really really want Obama to make good for the country if nothing more then to shut down some of skeptics so I can say Ha Ha ;)

Really depends on what you mean by "on the ball." As politifact.com was absolutely enthralled to point out to us, Obama did break a promise relating to letting every bill have 5 days of public opinion before it was signed into law. He also, in my opinion, totally mishandled the stimulus package (see the US Economy thread).

Hey give him a chance he hasn't even been in there a month yet...He is trying to clean up Republican garbage that Bush left around behind....I tried to tell you people about that guy years ago and no one would listen so look what was left for Obama to clean up the mess...

I don't really know why I should give him a break. He's not going into little league; he's the President. He bungled the stimulus package, and there are serious consequences. The Republican garbage is a minority in both the house now at both tiers, but he let them control the dialogue as if the last 8 years had never even happened at all. Hopefully he learned his lesson about this.

What do you mean, "you people?" It's not like we weren't watching.

Also,

Hey give him a chance he hasn't even been in there a month yet...He is trying to clean up Republican garbage that Bush left around behind....I tried to tell you people about that guy years ago and no one would listen so look what was left for Obama to clean up the mess...

You just registered yesterday!

Do you not know how the Senate works...Actually thats the only thing I don't really care for but am trying to see change. He is trying these bi partism stuff. Right now the Republicans are trying to get the darn tax breaks that McCain was pushing for in the Election. Yea I will agree he should tell the Republicans to kiss off when the bill passed the house he should have just let them gripe and moan ...Like I said its not over yet...But instead of you sitting here and moaning about it send a darn email to your congress and senators and tell them what you have to say about the subject. An yes I already have...I don't live my life on message boards....The internet is good for many things then sit and complain to each other let your senators and congress and say how you feel...

Oh On Bush, I didn't vote on either election for him because I knew he wasn't worth anything 8yrs ago...The guy filed personal bankrupsy in Midland even before that and went running home to Daddy and Bush Sr got him into politics. So what did the crazy bunch did they gave him the world to run and now he screwed that up too..Only reason the GOP got him into the white house so he could sell the war. So the fat cats could make money off of it...Haliburton for one. Don't believe me wait till they run a document for Iraq and see that big Plant that they have built over there in the cover of the way. Where do you think Chaney came into the VP...He resigned (supposidly) to be Bush's VP to keep an eye on him...Just like when Congress talked about ending the war Chaney was called to a closed door luncheon with the GOP was Bush invited NOPE he wasn't there...GOP wasn't ready for the war to end yet...Chaney and them discussed to keep it all going and the word FEAR has kept it long...

Bottom line they let Bush go for 8yrs to make a mess of things now look where we are now. If McCain had gotten in the war would be on for indefinatly if not there would have been somewhere else....Its going to take more then less then a month to get passed what things left....

Yes, I do know how the Senate works. Believe it or not. The Republicans aren't trying to get the tax breaks that McCain pushed for in the election, they're trying to get the tax breaks that they've been pushing for for the last 40 years. Let me ask you then, if you're saying that he should've just told the Republicans to kiss off in the Senate, do you know how the Senate works? Because the stimulus bill requires a 2/3 majority in order to pass, and the Democrats don't have that many seats.

Please don't tell me to go out and be proactive/tell me to have a life. That's pretty condescending. Again, believe it or not, I do have a life, just like most everybody else here.

And you're not going to score any points here for telling us that George Bush was a bad guy. We know.

Well right now its the Democrats that won't buy the Senate proposal....They said just a while ago there all back behind close doors to hash things out for the second day in a roll...So as I said to you from the start ...........It ain't over till its over...

See that has always been with the senate with a couple of other things. When the house sends them a bill they find something wrong with it so they will have more say then the house does...Well this time they did the same thing they re wrote the bill with all there crap in it while this time it went back to the House the house doesn't like what the Senate wanted so its back to to close doors...There's going to have to be some compromising somewhere....Nancy passed thru a while ago and the press asked her how it was going and she said "They have made a little progress on some small things so far but wouldn't say what more....Thats why its not really over just yet....

Thats why I asked if you knew how the senate works. I am not a child.....Seen it too many times...

pbone, you're wrong on the 2/3 majority thing.

stormy, your posts are unreadable. You're completely butchering the ellipsis.

Woops, you're right. I think that was for CA legislature. My mistake.

See that has always been with the senate with a couple of other things. When the house sends them a bill they find something wrong with it so they will have more say then the house does...Well this time they did the same thing they re wrote the bill with all there crap in it while this time it went back to the House the house doesn't like what the Senate wanted so its back to to close doors...There's going to have to be some compromising somewhere....Nancy passed thru a while ago and the press asked her how it was going and she said "They have made a little progress on some small things so far but wouldn't say what more....Thats why its not really over just yet....

Thats why I asked if you knew how the senate works. I am not a child.....Seen it too many times...

Lots of letters, zero content.

I'm not surprised by this at all....

Republican Sen. Judd Gregg withdrew his nomination as President Barack Obama's commerce secretary Thursday, citing "irresolvable conflicts" over the administration's stimulus bill and the upcoming 2010 census.

"We are functioning from a different set of views on many critical items of policy," Gregg said in a statement announcing the decision. "Obviously, the president requires a team that is fully supportive of all his initiatives."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/12/gre...tion/index.html

There's somethings Democrats and Republicans fundamentally disagree on. How they thought you could fit a conservative commerce department into a liberal administration is beyond me.

I really like that editorial from Frank Rich. Like he noted, Obama already tried the bipartisan route. The Repubs had their chance and didn't want to play by ball...now they can get their own taste of "unilateral action."

Well, I'm glad THIS is finally settled...

A federal judge on Thursday threw out a lawsuit questioning President Barack Obama's citizenship, lambasting the case as a waste of the court's time and suggesting the plaintiff's attorney may have to compensate the president's lawyer...

..."This case, if it were allowed to proceed, would deserve mention in one of those books that seek to prove that the law is foolish or that America has too many lawyers with not enough to do," U.S. District Judge James Robertson said in his written opinion.

The lawsuit didn't even use Obama's legal name but called him "Barry Soetoro," the name he went by while attending elementary school in Indonesia. It's one of many that has been filed claiming Obama is ineligible to serve as president.

Robertson ordered plaintiff's attorney John Hemenway of Colorado Springs, Colo., to show why he hasn't violated court rules barring frivolous and harassing cases and shouldn't have to pay Obama's attorney, Bob Bauer, for his time arguing that the case should be thrown out.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...94mlewD96O5TV03

Oh god yes, the compensation thing for civil cases is a better slap in the face than losing.

I hate to reply to a month-old post, but I gotta fight ignorance...

I'm not surprised by this at all....

Republican Sen. Judd Gregg withdrew his nomination as President Barack Obama's commerce secretary Thursday, citing "irresolvable conflicts" over the administration's stimulus bill and the upcoming 2010 census.

"We are functioning from a different set of views on many critical items of policy," Gregg said in a statement announcing the decision. "Obviously, the president requires a team that is fully supportive of all his initiatives."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/12/gre...tion/index.html

There's somethings Democrats and Republicans fundamentally disagree on. How they thought you could fit a conservative commerce department into a liberal administration is beyond me.

Commerce is one of the most important-sounding, low-priority jobs around. It sure as fuck isn't Treasury.

Running Commerce, your job is basically to make sure that 12 inches equals a foot for ten years. It's not terribly interesting, and Gregg left probably because the mothership called him back home, and the mothership probably called him back home because they wanted to saturate the media with more bad news. "He can't get any traction on stimulus! And now this happens! At the same time! This is doomsday for Hulk Ho- I mean, Barack Obama!"

How will Rush Limbaugh allow the GOP to handle Nancy Reagan's statement on the stem cell reversal?

He'll probably say she's going along with it because Obama's black. I mean, that's the reason he seems to use with everything nowadays.

How will Rush Limbaugh allow the GOP to handle Nancy Reagan's statement on the stem cell reversal?

I suspect the same way he rationalizes Ronald Reagan's support for tax increases, gun control, and nuclear arms reduction.