TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruteSquad_BRODY

Christians Beat Special Ed team 100-0

I read the Bible quite a bit in my younger days. I don't recall Jesus ever pontificating on the proper merits of sports conduct.

I thought it has been well established that Jesus is only interested in football games anyway. Just ask Kurt Warner, cause without Jesus the Eagles might have won the NFC.

George Carlin: "Why is it that all these athletes praise Jesus when they win, but never mention Him when they lose? You never hear 'Jesus made me drop the ball'."

Sorry, couldn't resist the reference.

I read the Bible quite a bit in my younger days. I don't recall Jesus ever pontificating on the proper merits of sports conduct.

I thought it has been well established that Jesus is only interested in football games anyway. Just ask Kurt Warner, cause without Jesus the Eagles might have won the NFC.

2005_01_13giantjesus.jpg

Touchdown Jesus.

Shit like this always amused me. I think there are some schools that have rules if a coaches team blows out another team, the coach is suspended and the team loses 3 games. It's all parents not wanting kids to cry over loses, when the kids don't really care.

Also wouldn't the winning team in this story, just passing the ball to each other over and over like a game of keep away just be as easily considered bulling. Almost mocking the other team and not letting them get possesion. It's basketball, you throw a ball at a basket and get points if you get it in. What was his coach supposed to do, pull shots?

It's all parents not wanting kids to cry over loses, when the kids don't really care.

This is true. I played on one of the worst high school baseball teams ever assembled. We routinely got beat 15-0, 22-1, 18-2...you get the idea. There were times it wasn't too much fun, but we didn't really give a fuck. Baseball was just something we did to keep busy and hang out with our buddies. It's not like any of us were going to play pro ball and had our chances at getting drafted blown out the door just because we couldn't stay within 15 runs of our opponents, so who gives a shit?

Massive blowouts are extremely common in high school games across all sports. If we had to fire every coach every time it happened, there'd be no coaches left.

The reason the coach got fired is cause he made a statement on behalf of the school. That shit will get you fired.

Also, the losing team really didn't give a fuck that they lost and they made that clear in the interview they had.

And there is some controversy on what actually happened. Some people say that the Dallas school was using a full court press and were shooting 3's while others said that that didn't happen.

Most stories says full court press and 3 pointers were going on when the score was like 88-0 with 3 mins left in the game. The coach went to speak for the school and says that they did nothing wrong and did not run up the score. The head of the school wanted to call the game a forfeit because that was not what the school wants or teaches its students. Since they want went out to not only embarrass the team, they embarrassed the school they are from.

This story is really a "you get it, or you don't" type deal. Its not so much that they won by a lot, its how they did it. The coach got his for acting like this sort of beat down is ok. There are plenty of ways of hitting the breaks. They didn't try to slow down until after they hit 100. They knew full well by 20 to nothing that this game was over, and instead of trying to run the clock out, they tried to show up another school.

Some late breaking quotes from the coach:

"Listen, the game was a lot closer then the score indicated. People say the other team was comprised of girls who were learning disabled. Well, ever heard of retard strength?"

The winning coach getting fired is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. These are schools, and there is a lesson to be learned here. If your team sucks so bad that you cannot score a point and the other team can score 100, don't play the game. Or hire someone who can actually teach basketball. This kind of shit doesn't fly in the real world, where you actually have to be accountable for your skill, and no one is going to hold your hand when someone comes along and is literally 100 times better than you.. The admins of the schools involved are the ones that need to be let go, because they let this happen to students (given their history of losing badly), then sit back on their thrones feeling sorry that this happened, then fire the coach for doing his job. Seems to me that this was done solely to keep the story on ESPN. Total BS.

Are the people pissed at his firing actually reading any articles or just reading, Coach who won 100-0 got fired?

His team ran up the score on a team that had 8 players available, they where pressing full court and jacking up three pointers up by 59 at the half. He coached at a Christian Private school that's creed was Christ like living, and you acted surprised when he doesn't apologize for rubbing it in the face of a vastly inferior team? And making his own statements as if they were the schools? That's what got him fired. Not the score, but his attitude that he did nothing wrong by letting his girls full court press and jack up three pointers until 3 minutes left in the game.

He got fired for violating school protocol, and making claims for the school when they were his own ideas. Not the score of the game.

How the fuck can a team play 32 minutes or whatever and not score a single point??!?! That's just...words fail me...I would think even five absolutely terrible basketball players could collectively manage to put the ball in the basket once, at least get to the foul line a couple times. I wish there was a video of this game, shit sounds epic.

And if the reason they got crushed so bad is that the team was full of retards, well then really the game shouldn't have taken place. They haven't won a game in 4 fucking years? Maybe they should stick to gym class rather than actual athletic contests. Blame the school administrators who scheduled the game, don't blame the coach.

This shit is stupid... it's sports, and none of these girls or anyone coaching is going professional. This is what happens when people don't have any real issues to worry about. What a load of shit

Are the people pissed at his firing actually reading any articles or just reading, Coach who won 100-0 got fired?

He got fired for violating school protocol, and making claims for the school when they were his own ideas. Not the score of the game.

Which is why I believe the administration should be fired. They are a bunch of hypocrites to hire a coach with the expectation to win games, then turn around and fire him because he's happy his team won a game in a dominating fashion. And he said he disagreed with the school, not the school was lying. It was his own opinion, and rather than the school just leaving it at that, they axe him and make it worse. And he doesn't make the schedule, so it isn't like he wanted to play this game to begin with or get out of it if he tried. He probably would have been fired if he threw in the towel at 50-0. He was fired by a bunch of self-rightous pricks who suddenly feel "sorry" about humiliating a school because they got called out on it, and that disgusts me.

Winning coach gets fired, losing team gets to meet Diane Sawyer to have their balls washed.

What a country. Will Diane Sawyer be visiting Lions training camp next season too?

I don't get why running up the score is a bad thing? Did the other team stop playing? Maybe they should have thrown in the towel at the half. I get maybe pulling starters so they don't get injured (the team that was winning) but then should the subs not play their hardest.

Just remember, while one team feels like shit, there's another team that feels like a million bucks. The media always looks at the negative.

It's not an issue of talent, it's an issue that the coach was full court pressing well into the fourth quarter during a blow out. I have no problems if the scrubs are just that much better and they are still pounding the shit out of them, but if they are pressing with a massive lead. That's the coach.

I was the scorekeeper for the alternative high school that my mom teaches at for a couple of years while in high school myself, and her school was one of the few in their situation (other alternative highs) that actually had someone with coaching experience so they frequently blew other teams out of the water. But he'd tell them to just take mid-range jumpers, no 3's and play a 2-3 zone instead of the trapping 3-2 they started the game out with. The games still got ugly, but it wasn't a rub your nose in it type deal.