TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Pulp

I'd been thinking about doing this and since four of us mentioned Different Class as one of our top ten albums, why not?

I'm a big fan. I love the style, the lyrics, just about everything about this band. Jarvis Cocker captures something about jilted love that I really haven't caught from any other musical act.

A pair of my favorites (the second is just the song, the first a great live performance):

Jarvis is pretty much the pinnacle of the performative and dramatic frontman, pulling it all off without becoming a parody. Someday I'll lose 40 pounds and be him for Halloween.

Jarvis is pretty much the pinnacle of the performative and dramatic frontman, pulling it all off without becoming a parody. Someday I'll lose 40 pounds and be him for Halloween.

I think I've said this here before, but he's most definitely the best fey British singer guy. I wish I could be so arch and observant and have such beautiful high cheekbones. Sigh....

Also, what's everyone's opinion re: best song on Different Class? I love "Common People" and "Disco 2000" and "Something Changed" and "Mis-Shapes," but I think my favorite might be the comparatively under-appreciated "Bar Italia." Actually, no, it's "Disco 2000." What a perfect song.

Streets ahead of Blur & Oasis et al. Always were. I might be biased because they're the best thing to come out of Sheffield, but they're pretty much the best band to crack the mainstream over here for about 20 years. Not many bands can top the brilliant run of His 'n' Hers, Different Class, This is Hardcore. Jarvis is an incredible performer, his stage patter is hilarious. Solo album's good too.

Also, what's everyone's opinion re: best song on Different Class?

They're all awesome, but yeah, hard to deny "Disco 2000." That's one of my favorite songs, period. I think "Underwear" is actually #2 for me. SomeBAHDDY else's room!