MarvinisaLunatic

FOX Sunday Night 08/09 - now in HD!

“THE SIMPSONS”—(8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) CC

HOMER GETS A GLIMPSE OF WHAT HIS LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE

IF HE HAD BEEN ELECTED CLASS PRESIDENT IN HIGH SCHOOL

ON AN ALL-NEW “THE SIMPSONS” SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 15, ON FOX

First Episode of Series to Air in High Definition

Episode to Feature First New Main Titles Since Series’ Premiere

When Mayor Quimby inducts Vance Connor into the Springfield Walk of Fame, Homer recounts how he ran against Vance for class president in high school and lost. After a little digging, Homer learns that the election had been rigged, and he wonders what course his life would have taken if only fate had smiled on him. Homer soon meets an old Italian cook at Luigi’s Italian Restaurant whose magical tomato sauce, when stirred in just the right way, reveals what Homer’s life would have been like had he won the election. However, when Homer gets a chance to see what his life could have been, he wonders if fate was actually been on his side all along in the all-new “Take My Life, Please” episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Feb. 15 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-2001) (TV-PG D)

Cant wait.

At first I figured it was just getting by on it's name alone and older fans were still clinging on, but my younger brother tells me kids in his class love the new episodes. That generation is fucked.

At first I figured it was just getting by on it's name alone and older fans were still clinging on, but my younger brother tells me kids in his class love the new episodes. That generation is fucked.

It's still better than newer "Family Guy", though that's not saying much.

I watched a couple of newish episodes last Sunday with Pops Kamala. I've got to say even though this isn't a very popular opinion 'round these parts, they weren't bad. Maybe they've started to come around since the movie (which even most of the curmodgeons seemed to like) Certainly better than most network comedies (not saying much) and significantly better than the show was five or six years ago (again not saying much).

Part of me thinks that it doesn't matter how good current day The Simpsons is, its become such an institution that a significant portion of the fans will reject it because its not as good as it once was. Now they're right, it isn't a tenth as good as it was in its heyday (Season 4 through 9 IMHO) but with a few notable exceptions, I've always vehemently disagreed with the "Current Simpsons is the worst shit ever!" crowd.

I had thought I had heard The Simpsons would never go HD because of how long the series has been going with all of the standard def episodes already out there. Guess not.

I think the main point of cartoon shows going to HD is that they look nicer on HD sets which are becoming more prevalent in American households. Kind of stating the obvious there with that one, I guess.

As far as the actual show, there's still enough decent episodes each season, but what I really get sick of is how it seems like there's at least two or three "fantasy" episodes every season, not even counting the Treehouse of Horror episode. You'd think with all the established characters in the show, they could still come up with some decent storylines without doing parodies and stuff. I frankly don't go out of my way to even record the episodes anymore, because I figure I'll catch them in syndication eventually.

I don't even know what going HD entails for this. It looks nicer?

There were some seasons that were complete trash, but those days are gone. It's not as good as the early seasons, but it's climbed back to decency.

If anyone of you played The Simpsons Game then you kind of got a preview in that as to how it'll look in HD, which was pretty good.

It can be funny from time to time. But if you try to compare it to Klassic Krusty, it's awful. Beyond awful. But it's still better than most of what else is on tv anymore.

Am I the only guy who recognized tonights episode was pretty much a tribute to the movie "Heavenly Creatures"?

Better question is will it be in 16:9 or 4:3

South Park is 16:9 (as was the Movie), the Simpsons Movie was 16:9, the new Futurama Movies are 16:9. I see no reason why it wouldnt be. There are a few non-stretched cartoons on Cartoon Network HD as well that look amazing. The biggest benefit animation gets from HD is that the colors are absolutely stunning.

Also, I know South Park is being redone in HD from the beginning, it might not be to improbable to believe that FOX will have them do the same thing with the Simpsons.

Better question is will it be in 16:9 or 4:3

Also, I know South Park is being redone in HD from the beginning, it might not be to improbable to believe that FOX will have them do the same thing with the Simpsons.

They way South Park is produced makes it FAAAAAARRRRR easier to do in 16x9 than The Simpsons Marvin.

Exactly.

It's a movie from 1994 about two teens who get lost in their own imaginary world before plotting to kill their parents, which is what last night's episode was about. Minus the killing. It's also based on a true story.

I've never really understood the point of HD cartoons.

Because it looks a lot better than SD cartoons. You know, like HD live action looks a lot better than SD live action. What's not to understand?

On the topic of HD and Family Guy, when Seth was a guest on Letterman a few months ago they showed a clip that was 16:9 with no apparent stretching (and normally if they don't have 16:9 clips, they put a border up anyway). I thought that was odd.

Because it looks a lot better than SD cartoons. You know, like HD live action looks a lot better than SD live action. What's not to understand?

Indeed. For my birthday last year, my girlfriend bought me Dragonball Z Burst Limit for the PS3, which came with Dead Zone on Blu-Ray. If anything, the colors look amazing in HD, although, if the film isn't cleaned up, or remastered, things like scratches on the film, and even finger prints become MUCH clearer. It's not really distracting, but it is something to take under consideration.

Indeed. For my birthday last year, my girlfriend bought me Dragonball Z Burst Limit for the PS3, which came with Dead Zone on Blu-Ray. If anything, the colors look amazing in HD, although, if the film isn't cleaned up, or remastered, things like scratches on the film, and even finger prints become MUCH clearer. It's not really distracting, but it is something to take under consideration.

Agreed. Animation that is made for HD looks spectacular in HD. The anime Freedom looks insane in HD. I can't wait for Akira's release in a month or so. :)

Just seemed like lesbo Lisa to me. Every year they pick some random movie to do an entire episode off of, now.

"Heavenly Creatures" is chock full of lesbian overtones, so yeah.

“THE SIMPSONS”—(8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) CC

Episode to Feature First New Main Titles Since Series’ Premiere[/b]

What does this mean?