Dallas @ Miami, 7:30 NBATV

LA Lakers @ Memphis, 8:00

LA Clippers @ Washington, 8:00

Golden State @ Houston, 8:30

Atlanta @ Milwaukee, 8:30

New Orleans @ San Antonio, 8:30

Chicago @ Phoenix, 9:00

Utah @ Portland, 10:00

Michael Redd is done for the year with a torn ACL and MCL. Tough luck for the Bucks, who really looked like they were headed for one of those last couple playoff spots.

I wouldn't be so quick to call Minnesota an easy game. They're 9-2 in January, including a win at Phoenix and a win over the Hornets.

I just saw that. The Knicks should release him after the roster deadline for the playoffs is set. I would hate to see this bum pull a Mourning and leach/steal a championship.

And Scot Pollard's whopping 39 points in a total of 173 minutes of playing time was deserving?

If Marbury is going to play well and work in the system, he is totally deserving of a ring.

If Marbury is going to play well and work in the system, he is totally deserving of a ring.

That's more of my concern. I think a lot of the talk about being a locker room cancer is overblown. We're talking about half a season- there would be enough of a honeymoon period to keep everybody happy long enough to win another championship. Marbury just doesn't address the team's biggest needs.

Guest Vitamin X

You know, Brandon Roy's not much of a flashy guy, not really a dude who makes ridiculous dunks or anything. Maybe that's why he couldn't get enough votes to be an All-Star starter (beating out Kobe and CP3 is another matter of course), but shit like this is what makes guys from being simply an All-Star into a Superstar.

Poor, memorable Cheikh Samb.

Apparently, DirecTV had a free preview of NBA League Pass from January 19-25. Tonight during the Lakers game was the first I have heard of it... 2 days after the offer ended.

Speaking of the Lakers, they've cut the deficit but are still down 49-48 to the Bobcats at halftime. I had no idea Juwan Howard played for Charlotte until tonight.

And the Bobcats join the Pacers (!!!) as the only two teams in the league that have beaten both the Lakers and the Celtics this year.

A Pyhrric victory in my opinion, though: Gerald Wallace.. :(

The Bobcats now own the Lakers at Staples Center. :huh:

Weird game tonight with Kobe fouling out in the first OT. I thought the Lakers played their worst offensive game of the season, but they still had a chance to win at the end of regulation. Another good game by Bynum, but Gasol played like shit and I thought that was really the difference in this game.

Not the way I want to see team leave to go on a long trip.

On another note, I got tickets to go see the Lakers vs. Hornets in February! Can't wait to see Chris Paul in action. Cost me a fucking fortune but I haven't been to a game since 2002, so I was due.

So, it turns out Gerald Wallace has a collapsed lung and a broken rib. I'm gonna throw it out there and say that it at least should have been a flagrant, that was a damn hard foul.

So, it turns out Gerald Wallace has a collapsed lung and a broken rib. I'm gonna throw it out there and say that it at least should have been a flagrant, that was a damn hard foul.

It was a flagrant during the game from what I understand, just not a flagrant 2 (Automatic ejection/1 game suspension). Probably the right call because a Flagrant 2 requires malicious intention/total neglect from how the rules have been explained in the past. He probably could have given him the bear hug instead of the elbow but as one analyst also pointed out: the reason it was so awful is because of how late Bynum was on his defensive rotation so he was just trying to get there in time. Don't think you can suspend him.

Huge game tonight Orlando vs. Cleveland. Key to this game is whether Big Z returns for it. He was supposed to but do they really want to bring him back and test his ankle on Dwight Howard? Conversely they REALLY need him defensively to deter Nelson and keep Howard off the block, and not having him hurts their chances. Major game as far as the standings go, Number 1 seed in the east is a big deal this year. Really think they should try Lebron on Howard if Z doesn't play because he has the strength to actually hold him in check but that may be a bit too experimental for Mike Brown.

EDIT: Another thing I want to see is how the magic defend LeBron. They have both Courtney Lee and Pietrus as possible matchups for him. They got Pietrus almost solely as a defensive stopper so we'll see if he can even slow down LeBron. I think Lee is too small to hold position on LBJ. If Pietrus gets into foul trouble expect Lebron to destroy whoever they put on him off the dribble.

Yeah, as jwpeer said, it was a flagrant 1. But damn, a collapsed a lung... I like the Lakers and all, but that was a dick move by Bynum and he should get a 1 game suspension.

Well, we're about an hour away from announcing All-Star reserves. Here's the guys I chose, let's see how close I get.

East

G: Joe Johnson

G: Devin Harris

F: Paul Pierce

F: Danny Granger

C: Chris Bosh

WC: Mo Williams

WC: David Lee

I'm pretty sure I have all these right, except maybe for Lee. I'm guessing a second guy from the Magic might get that spot (Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis). Another longshot is Andre Igoudala.

West

G: Chauncey Billups

G: Brandon Roy

F: Dirk Nowitzki

F: Carmelo Anthony

C: Al Jefferson

WC: Pau Gasol

WC: Tony Parker

The center position was the toughest choice here. You could easily go with Mehmet Okur here, and the Jazz are closer to the playoffs, but I'm going with the hot team and the guy who's been more dominant all season. People will complain if Shaq doesn't make it, but he doesn't even play back to backs, and IMO an All-Star should play every night.

Shaq's going to the make the team. It's not even worth arguing about.

I don't see David Lee making it in the east. Jameer Nelson is probably a lock, both for his play and for the fact that they'll want a second guy from the Magic.

Other than that, I'd say you hit it right on the head.

I really hope David Lee makes it. He deserves it. Right now he's the team's center, and other than Dwight Howard there is no one better in the East (unless you count Chris Bosh).

And he didn't make it. Orlando got 3 All-Stars:

The East reserves include two Orlando Magic, Jameer Nelson and Rashard Lewis. East coaches also chose the Boston Celtics’ Paul Pierce, Atlanta Hawks’ Joe Johnson, Toronto Raptors’ Chris Bosh, New Jersey Nets’ Devin Harris and Indiana Pacers’ Danny Granger

The West Reserves:

Tony Parker

Chauncey Billups

Brandon Roy

Dirk Nowitzki

David West

Shaquille O'Neal

Pau Gasol

I would have loved to have seen Lee make it but cant argue with Bosh getting in over him. If Lee didn't start the season coming off the bench his #'s would be a little bit better. His PPG and RPG have improved the last month compared to the first two. I am suprised that Mo Williams didn't get in over Jameer Nelson or Devin Harris. The Cavs only having one all star? I also would have had Ray Allen over Granger who is playing on a horrible Pacers team. Also, Al Jefferson deserves to be in over Shaq.

Durant really should have gotten in over West. I don't care if he's on a terrible team, the kid's been playing incredible ever since PJ got fired and he got moved to SF. He's averaging something like 27/8/3 in January. He deserves to be on the team.