TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - January 26, 2009

I think it'll be very similar to the last few weeks. We'll still get Orton/Steph interaction. We'll still get HBK/JBL action. There will probably be some dumpy Mysterio/Knox undercard stuff. The only thing that has changed is that we're one week closer to Wrestlemania. I mean, Melina has the women's title now but that doesn't really matter. It's still just going to lead to Beth/Rosa stuff.

The Elimination Chamber is a ridiculous match to have the title on the line in - makes zero sense and the Champ is at a terrible disadvantage. Why not just have a 30 man battle royal for the champ to defend his title in.

Good for deciding No.1 contender, okay for deciding a champion when belt has been striped/held up, bad for having a champion defend his title in.

The Elimination Chamber is a ridiculous match to have the title on the line in - makes zero sense and the Champ is at a terrible disadvantage. Why not just have a 30 man battle royal for the champ to defend his title in.

That's the whole point of the Elimination Chamber...to survive in a barbaric structure where the odds are against you. Plus it'll generate a ton of buys.

I wonder if the RVD thing was a one time thing or if he re-signed with them. I really hope he re-signed with them. A Kofi & RVD tag team would be awesome and yes they'd be call "High Times".

I kind of agree. I'd rather they have a number one contender spot on the line, and maybe have the champ defend against the Royal Rumble winner at No Way Out. Though maybe that would be too much big stuff crammed into one show, since they will be having two elimination chamber matches already.

Anybody think we'll get another HOF inductee tonight?

We might, but they will probably hold off on them until right after No Way Out. They wouldn't have released Austin's name this early had tickets not been going slow.

WWE is saying Cena is defending at No Way Out in the Chamber.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!

I hadn't seen it posted anywhere, except someone saying that there would be Qualifiers tonight. I was just pointing out he was defending in it after someone had said that having the champ defend is stupid for the type of match (even though that was how it was originally designed in storyline by Uncle Eric)

I'd assume so mfn, since the PPV was in Detroit and Van Dam is from Battle Creek.

Except RVD lives in LA.

My therapist, my lawyers, and my lackeys, Generic #1 and Generic #2.

Randy's going to play the schizo card?

This is screaming for a return of the Randy updates. "I'm currently undergoing therapy" "I'm on some cool new drugs" "I showed the doctor on the doll where the bad man touched me".

Additionally, lesions in the orbital/medial prefrontal cortex and related areas appear to be correlated to impulsively violent behavior, although currently no study has pinned down a specific area involved in IED. Research has shown, however, that damage in these areas, including the amygdala, increases the incidence of impulsive and aggressively violent behavior, and appears to decrease inhibition and ability to control emotion, as well as decreasing the ability to project consequences for their actions. Subjects who exhibit lesions in these regions may also exhibit decreased glucose metabolism, and concordantly decreased brain function in the prefrontal cortex, the region associated with decision making and action planning. More importantly is a reduced action in serotonergic neurons in this region as well as the amygdala.

This sounds really familiar.

Why not just have the RR card, rather than both that and the schizo card.

I presume they're trying to ensure Orton keeps getting booed for the time being, and making him hide behind the law and threats of lawsuits would do that.

Additionally, lesions in the orbital/medial prefrontal cortex and related areas appear to be correlated to impulsively violent behavior, although currently no study has pinned down a specific area involved in IED. Research has shown, however, that damage in these areas, including the amygdala, increases the incidence of impulsive and aggressively violent behavior, and appears to decrease inhibition and ability to control emotion, as well as decreasing the ability to project consequences for their actions. Subjects who exhibit lesions in these regions may also exhibit decreased glucose metabolism, and concordantly decreased brain function in the prefrontal cortex, the region associated with decision making and action planning. More importantly is a reduced action in serotonergic neurons in this region as well as the amygdala.

This sounds really familiar.

Someone needs to update the wiki entry with "Notable sufferers of this condition include the WWE's Randy Orton."