TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - January 26, 2009

Looks like Flair will make a WM appearance as well. I'm not feeling the angle, because in the movie wrestling is exposed as fake, and in the storyline world of the wwe wrestling is real. So Jericho is bringing attention to wrestling being fake in a wwe storyline...

What does Rourke get out of wrestling? Did the movie need the pimping on wwe programming?

I think the WWE wanted to siphon off some of the publicity as well. They must have figured, "Well... we don't really like how wrestling is portrayed in this, but when people think 'wrestling' - they think us... so we might as well get some benefit out of it."

As for the Oscars, they will be given out on February 22nd, a week after No Way Out. My guess is that Rourke won't make an appearance until the night after the Oscars, and I wouldn't be shocked if he showed up with the award in hand.

Odd to see HBK enter to JBL's music.

I like it though. It gives more legitimacy to the angle.

I'm calling the finish:

JBL punks out Shawn, gets Cena disqualified, and JBL gets the spot in the Elimination Chamber.

When are Oscar votes cast? If they were before the "Rourke will wrestle" news was known, it might not hurt him, but if they vote now or later, well his chances are finished.

I know folks that can see The Wrestler, know that wrestling is fake, but for storyline purposes wrestling has to be real, and the storyline is being based around the fact that Rourke played a wrestler in all it's fake glory. So basically the wwe is running a storyline admitting that wrestling is fake.

So right now they're saying HBK vs Cena is all a scripted act, like the character Rourke played in The Wrestler showed.

I guess it's similar to the shoot-esque angles of "No, we really hate each other, and we're going to real fight" angles we've seen in the past. It just bugs the hell out of me.

When are Oscar votes cast? If they were before the "Rourke will wrestle" news was known, it might not hurt him, but if they vote now or later, well his chances are finished.

I know folks that can see The Wrestler, know that wrestling is fake, but for storyline purposes wrestling is real, and the storyline is being based around the fact that Rourke played a wrestler in all it's fake glory. So basically the wwe is running a storyline admitting that wrestling is fake.

So right now they're saying HBK vs Cena is all a scripted act, like the character Rourke played in The Wrestler showed.

Oscars, from my best interpretation, can be voted on up until about the Monday or Tuesday before the ceremony.

Why doesn't JBL just jump in and beat the shit out of HBK, getting Cena DQed?

1)He's still hurting from last night's match

2)He doesn't want to do any work to get his shot.

...those are two thoughts I had.

Why doesn't JBL just jump in and beat the shit out of HBK, getting Cena DQed?

1)He's still hurting from last night's match

2)He doesn't want to do any work to get his shot.

...those are two thoughts I had.

Maybe cause he doesn't like either Cena or HBK and is just letting them beat the shit out of each other before ruining the match in the end like a heel does?

I just got home. Someone give me the short version of what's happened so far?

Odd to see HBK enter to JBL's music.

I like it though. It gives more legitimacy to the angle.

I agree. It was either last week or the week before, JBL came out in the limo with Michaels and when Michaels walked to the ring from the limo they played his music.

Cole just called the FU "The Victory" (John Cena going for the Victory).

Also, what's happened so far:

Orton claimed he had a medical condition that made him kick Vince in the head. He threatens a lawsuit if he's fired, as well as a 2nd lawsuit about his Wrestlemania 25 title shot.

Kofi beat Kane to qualify for the EC at No Way Out

Jericho came out, hyping an angle between him and Mickey Rourke, regarding the Wrestler.

I love how King is saying that Orton had the "nerve" to read a prepared speech. Ummm...isn't that what you do with a speech?

What's so bad about reading a prepared apology?

Ever see the Ryan Leaf "prepared apology" video when he throws it in the locker after reading it?

Orton should have so thrown the piece of paper aside as if it was nothing.

KOFI is in the Chamber?

Did he and Kane botch as much shit as they did in their IC Tournament match?