TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - January 26, 2009

Shane didn't just destroy Legacy or whatever they are called, he wiped out Kofi Kingston who just scored a big win over Kane as well. If it went longer, Shane probably would have single handed wiped out the whole roster.

This is why Shane needs to stay behind the scenes. He does this every time he shows up on screen.

Way to kill Orton's heat.

Seriously. I was intrigued by the Rumble last night and decided to watch Raw after being out of the loop for months. Now I remember why I stopped watching.

My feeling exactly.

Shane didn't just destroy Legacy or whatever they are called, he wiped out Kofi Kingston who just scored a big win over Kane as well. If it went longer, Shane probably would have single handed wiped out the whole roster.

This is why Shane needs to stay behind the scenes. He does this every time he shows up on screen.

Imagine if Shane was in the Rumble last night... he'd have won the entire thing!!!!

What the hell was that in the final segment?

Did Stephanie side with Orton? She made that comment about them having "so much more planned for him" and smiled at Orton, then Shane came down. Was she referring to her and Orton working together or her brother coming out and attacking Orton?

Generally, when your main event angle is open for as much interpretation as an abstract painting, something went askew.

What the hell was that in the final segment?

Did Stephanie side with Orton? She made that comment about them having "so much more planned for him" and smiled at Orton, then Shane came down. Was she referring to her and Orton working together or her brother coming out and attacking Orton?

Generally, when your main event angle is open for as much interpretation as an abstract painting, something went askew.

Logically, Orten should have beat the crap out of Shane and then replied, If that's what you got planned, I got nothing to worry about.

I'm trying to understand why Shane is sooo pissed anyway or Steph for that matter. Vince has gotten way worse in the past on air.

Now if Steph had everyone on Raw kick Legacy's ass, that'd be on thing, but Shane... ummm, yeah, that was just stupid.

I think the purpose of the roster coming out was to show that he was going to fuck with their big payday. Shane beating all 3 of them was to show that if a match took place, it's a chance that Shane could win. If Orton beat his ass tonight, who would want to order a ppv to see these 2 in a match? As much as I like Cena, I hope he drops it next month because he's going to get destroyed at Mania crowd and character wise. Last time Cena went against a stable, it was JBL's cabinet and they never had 1/4 of Orton's heat alone.

I don't think anyone wants to see Orton vs. Shane anyway.

i agree

but what else can he do at this point?

Can't be in the EC cause it's a title match and if he wins, main event at Mania would be??

Whoa.. Shane is booked to make Orton look like a bitch. Yikes. Guess we're back to the McMahon era were everything is about them. *yawn*

I think we have last week's ratings spike to thank for that.

I don't think anyone wants to see Orton vs. Shane anyway.

i agree

but what else can he do at this point?

Can't be in the EC cause it's a title match and if he wins, main event at Mania would be??

Randy Orton vs. Randy Orton, obv.

Wow. That last segment was truly baffling. Shane should never be actively involved with onscreen feuds since he always ends up killing the heat of anyone he goes against. I'm certainly no Orton fan, but the way that entire end segment was done made him look like a joke (as well as Legacy). It always seems like whenever they get to the cusp of something with Orton they always do something goofy that undermines him.

And Steph? Who knows what she is doing in all of this. I can see why she would want to play ball with Orton for the time being due to his threats, but why the hell would she care if two nobody guys like Rhodes and DiBiase walked? Those two guys could fall off the face of the earth tomorrow and 99% of the fans could care less.

This angle almost needs to end with Orton playing Bret Hart and they simply screw him at WM and then release him due to his legal threats.

Everything else aside, how come the bulk of the RAW roster just fucking stood there while all of this shit was going down in the ring and didn't do anything until a minute or so later when the fight came to them? W... T... F...?

Seriously.

Is it me or do Rhodes and Dibiase struggle during the beat-downs? At the Rumble, they just stood around while Orton was waiting for HHH to get up, and then Rhodes continued to wait for Triple H to get up. And tonight it took them a few seconds to get on Shane.

And the whole 'bigger plans' thing that Stephanie said, means she will eventually help out Orton down the road, perhaps during Shane vs Randy, if it happens.

If Shane had come down with a weapon and cleaned house on Legacy, then fine. But instead he had to do his whole 'take off the jacket, roll up the sleeves' badass routine, and it just completely sucked the life out of an otherwise interesting segment.

Just gotta say, fuck you people who think you know exactly what's gonna happen. AWW HERE COMES STEPHS HEEL TURN HAWHAWHAW just shut the fuck up. You look like fucking douches every time you do that. While ultimately it might happen, it didn't happen tonight when you all were like OMGOMGOMG HEELZ.

You sound like you are 12 yrs old

Cena had mega powers long before Orton caved-in Cena Sr.'s head......

The end of RAW was fucking bullshit. Randy Orton has been built up to be the harbinger of death, and a raving psychotic for months now. What happens? He and Legacy go down like bitches to the bare hands of a non-wrestler. This almost has to go to No Way Out, with Shane McMahon bumping his balls off for Orton, for there to be much of anything to salvage from this angle. They should have had Shane hit the ring tonight, put up an OK fight, then get punted. What a way to make one of your biggest heels look like a joke, WWE.

Everything else aside, how come the bulk of the RAW roster just fucking stood there while all of this shit was going down in the ring and didn't do anything until a minute or so later when the fight came to them? W... T... F...?

Seriously.

They were only there out of "Please don't cost us Wrestlemania" self-interest; what do they care if Shane McMahon walks into a 3-on-1 assault like an idiot?

Maybe he got a hold of whatever Duggan was on last night; caught the Hands of Stone virus or something.

Seriously.

They were only there out of "Please don't cost us Wrestlemania" self-interest; what do they care if Shane McMahon walks into a 3-on-1 assault like an idiot?

Maybe he got a hold of whatever Duggan was on last night; caught the Hands of Stone virus or something.

Hah! That was the hardest I've laughed in a while. Duggan coming down and cleaning house. Even knocking Undertaker on his ass at one point.

I thought that Shane was going to shake hands with Orton when he walked out there, given the long staredown and whatnot. Instead it indeed was a ridiculous debacle that really didn't get anyone over but the guy it really shouldn't at this point. Also a bit confused how they will play into the Steph/Shane heat into some sort of turn down the road here, it still wouldn't surprise me to see Shane join up with Legacy. Either that or I'm betting that its Ortons Mania title shot against Shane at No Way Out, Orton keeps it if he wins and and if Orton loses, Shane gets to pick who to take him on at Mania instead of having a match for the title, and cue Austin.....

If the Rumble title shot is kind of "lost" this year if Orton somehow doesn't get it, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them do a title for title unification title match to merge the WWE and WHC together at this point. Cena/Undertaker could be that match, or whatever two guys end up champion after the EC matches.

Shane beating all 3 of them was to show that if a match took place, it's a chance that Shane could win. If Orton beat his ass tonight, who would want to order a ppv to see these 2 in a match?

That might make sense if Shane was even halfway credible. Unfortunately, he's the complete opposite of credible and makes anyone who sells for him (especially to the point of staggering up the aisle from ringside) look ridiculous. They may have blown the hottest angle they have for WM in one 10 minute segment.

However, I'll reserve final judgment on that until more of the story is revealed, even in the face of countless angles appearing crappy at the start and remaining crappy throughout.

Seriously.

Then I suppose that it begs the question as to why they even bothered to jump in at any point, since, as I already pointed out, they did eventually break it up.

They just killed Orton (who's main eventing Mania) in front of 5 million viewers so that he can get revenge in front of 250,000 people (all of whom will order Mania anyway) at No Way Out? I don't get it. Why push him as hard as they did last week to finish a show like...that.

This was the dumbest thing I have seen in a long long time.

Hey its not that I want to see that exactly, I'm just going by what appears to be a potential booking idea from what I can see.

Something that bugged me... Why the hell did they put Jericho in the Elimination Chamber over Punk? If Jericho is going to do this thing with Rourke at WM, then theres no way in hell he wins the belt unless they want to pull a moronic WCW move. Theres no way Kofi wins and Rey has only a slightly better shot than him right now. I cant figure who else could fill the remaining 2 slots unless they let JBL compete for himself for a spot. Maybe have Rhodes/Dibiase face each other as punishment (?) in a qualifying match? Logic would dictate 2 more heels since Cena/Kofi/Rey are faces.

This was the dumbest thing I have seen in a long long time.

Yep!

RAW IS LAME.

I can't even bother write why this show just killed my interest for Mania so quickly.