TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - January 26, 2009

Kofi selling Shane's punches like death was both sad and funny at the same time.

Orton wins at NWO with help from Steph

She's eliminating each family member one at a time to get full power

WWE Writer #1: You want me to pair Orton up with Stephanie? I mean... nobody will know what's going on.

WWE Writer #2: They will if you set up that the dog Stephanie is evil. All you do is have to show her doing this. *shifty eyes* The people will suspect the dog Stephanie.

This was the dumbest thing I have seen in a long long time.

Yep!

RAW IS LAME.

I can't even bother write why this show just killed my interest for Mania so quickly.

Here, I'll count the ways for you.

1. Randy Orton gets a ton of momentum going into the Rumble. He's the one on Raw that the Rumble is built around and has the group to help back him enough to win the match.

2. Orton gets a hugh push as he punts the owner of the WWE in the head, with a move that has been put over as a career ending move.

3. Before the Rumble, Orton is shown arriving to the arena showing other wrestlers and talent just staring at Orton.

4. Orton wins the Rumble making it so he's guaranteed a title shot at Wrestlemania in the main event.

And then everything gets killed, when Shane McMahon just basically knocks around Legacy and Orton and when Orton has a chance, instead of taking opportunity to get the best of someone like he normally does, he runs away from fucking Shane McMahon.

Either way you look at it now, anything with the McMahons usually ends predictably with a heel turn. Which is why now they need to AVOID it.

Ok, so what they COULD do is have Orton claim he had started medication for his "illness" which is why Shane got the drop on him and it'll never go down like that again. Instead of either Shane or Stephanie turning heel, which is what ALWAYS happens and why it wouldn't work in the least, it would just be Orton destroys Shane to a point where the entire roster is disgusted and maybe have Cody and Ted forcefully make Stephanie watch as Orton turns Shane into a bloody mess. If there is one thing Shane does well is bump like a madman when it comes time for him to sell.

That is really the only way Orton is saved now. He cannot side with the McMahons, he has to go past the line. He has to destroy them. Not Austin destroy, absolutely go into a ruthless destructive side where it's obvious if he was allowed he would kill one of them without feeling sorry for it. Orton punting the bloody battered face of Shane as a screaming Stephanie is made to watch can be a dark image to build him back around.

Have him show up the next night on RAW and make it clear he is willing to do the same thing to her. In fact, have him PREPARED to do it and have his Mania opponent come out and stop it. Not with a beatdown, but with Randy being a smart calculating guy who will get out of there to analyze his situation.

Orton can be saved but they have to push him in a different direction that doesn't involved him sided with a McMahon. For me anyway, I need to see him see the line and just cross it so violently that he leaves a stunning mark on the McMahon family that no one has been willing to ever leave. Cause siding with a McMahon would be the least logical thing for him and it would just turn into a McMahon vs McMahon match with special guest appearance by Royal Rumble winner Randy Orton.

You guys are making a bigger deal out of this than it is. Who cares? Shane came back and had momentum on his side and was unstopable because his father got hurt. In a world where we can believe that somebody can "finish" someone with a certain move, we can believe that when somebody has motivation they can gain the momentum to be superman. If they continue to make Shane look like God over the legacy then I'll complain.

Surprise, surprise. McMahons putting over McMahons. But I do like how they left things with Stephanie open-ended. It would have made sense if she truly hated Orton to get back in the ring and slap him around a bit when Orton was incapacitated.

Either way you look at it now, anything with the McMahons usually ends predictably with a heel turn. Which is why now they need to AVOID it.

Ok, so what they COULD do is have Orton claim he had started medication for his "illness" which is why Shane got the drop on him and it'll never go down like that again. Instead of either Shane or Stephanie turning heel, which is what ALWAYS happens and why it wouldn't work in the least, it would just be Orton destroys Shane to a point where the entire roster is disgusted and maybe have Cody and Ted forcefully make Stephanie watch as Orton turns Shane into a bloody mess. If there is one thing Shane does well is bump like a madman when it comes time for him to sell.

That is really the only way Orton is saved now. He cannot side with the McMahons, he has to go past the line. He has to destroy them. Not Austin destroy, absolutely go into a ruthless destructive side where it's obvious if he was allowed he would kill one of them without feeling sorry for it. Orton punting the bloody battered face of Shane as a screaming Stephanie is made to watch can be a dark image to build him back around.

Have him show up the next night on RAW and make it clear he is willing to do the same thing to her. In fact, have him PREPARED to do it and have his Mania opponent come out and stop it. Not with a beatdown, but with Randy being a smart calculating guy who will get out of there to analyze his situation.

Orton can be saved but they have to push him in a different direction that doesn't involved him sided with a McMahon. For me anyway, I need to see him see the line and just cross it so violently that he leaves a stunning mark on the McMahon family that no one has been willing to ever leave. Cause siding with a McMahon would be the least logical thing for him and it would just turn into a McMahon vs McMahon match with special guest appearance by Royal Rumble winner Randy Orton.

This is fine but you know the night after Orton punts Shane in the face, Shane will come out at the beginning of the show and will be dancing around the stage.

This is fine but you know the night after Orton punts Shane in the face, Shane will come out at the beginning of the show and will be dancing around the stage.

The only thing that can really stop Shane is shocking his groin with jumper cables.

You guys are making a bigger deal out of this than it is. Who cares? Shane came back and had momentum on his side and was unstopable because his father got hurt. In a world where we can believe that somebody can "finish" someone with a certain move, we can believe that when somebody has motivation they can gain the momentum to be superman. If they continue to make Shane look like God over the legacy then I'll complain.

Here you go:

icyhot.jpg

That ending was absolutely brutal! They destroyed The Legacy, the angle and quite possibly the Wrestlemania main event in one terribly written segment. Another McMahon wank session angle where a puffy middle aged non-wrestler comes in and destroys the main heel faction, while gassing out and looking like shit doing it.

Shane looked like garbage - but he still thinks he's a tough guy. Get over yourself already. Or was it Stephanie who has a hero complex of her big brother to book that shit.

Shane McMahon is super tough. He's be world champion if he wanted to be. You're such a bad ass Shane, you're so tough. I just wish the crowd shit all over the angle.

You know what I could have accepted - HHH in place of Shane. Out HHH being married to Stephanie and we could have a compelling storyline to build at least.

The whole show was the drizzling shits after the opening segment, and the finish took it to a whole new level. That finish was so inexplicably bad, it might just be one of the worst booking decisions I have ever seen.

You know what I could have accepted - HHH in place of Shane.

I wouldn't have liked that either, but at least it would have been a wrestler taking out The Legacy.

The only way they could salvage the mess would be that Shane and The Legacy faked the attack. Shane's punches wiffed so badly at points, it could be used later to show he was pulling them short on purpose - to convince everybody that Shane wasn't behind The Legacy in any way.

You know what I could have accepted - HHH in place of Shane.

I wouldn't have liked that either, but at least it would have been a wrestler taking out The Legacy.

It would have been a muscled up multi-time former champion, in full on rage mode catching The Legacy off-guard. It would have also explained the wrestlers standing there without doing anything because they would have been in shock that the HHH/McMahon curtain had dropped.

You know, the roster standing around didn't really bother me. I took it as a "Let Them Fight!" sort of thing. If Legacy had ever actually gotten the advantage as they should have, THEN they should have stepped in. But all we saw was Shane dominating Legacy. And why get involved in that? Orton "deserves it." Shane "deserves it." Let Shane give Randy a beating.

Everything else though? Yeah, that sucked.

Is it possible that Orton could say he stood there and took the beating so he can claim he was assaulted by an owner of the company without retaliation or provocation, therefore further backing his case? He never really did try to fight back, just escape as Rhodes and DiBiase held him back.

Again, the fact that Randy was BEGGING to be fired would pretty much clear Steph and WWE from any wrong doing, as he was asking for his release.

Don't poke more holes in the storyline, it already has more holes than a strainer as it is.

Cause siding with a McMahon would be the least logical thing for him and it would just turn into a McMahon vs McMahon match with special guest appearance by Royal Rumble winner Randy Orton.

So that's exactly what will happen.

I think the purpose of the roster coming out was to show that he was going to fuck with their big payday.

I didn't like Jericho being out there at all. It goes completely against his character.

How come wrestlers that never wrestled were in their ring gear or shirtless? Are we supposed to believe they walk around backstage like that just in case they are announced in a match?

Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase walk around in their brief-styles trunks, shirtless for the whole two hours of the show?

How come wrestlers that never wrestled were in their ring gear or shirtless? Are we supposed to believe they walk around backstage like that just in case they are announced in a match?

Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase walk around in their brief-styles trunks, shirtless for the whole two hours of the show?

We are not supposed to question that, but, honestly, that one even puzzled me when back when I was a kid. I mean, sometimes they are working dark matches, so it, at least, makes sense to the live audience. But most of the time no.

I think the idea is so that fans recognize them faster/easier and begin to associate their attire with the wrestler.

Now, in this day and age, where everyone wears black trunks.. that reasoning doesn't really hold true.

punch.gif

Oh, and Shane shouldn't have been trying to sell his "stick and move" bullshit for this. If he's that pissed off, he doesn't need to be doing fancy footwork like he's some boxer or something.

Also, why would he even be pissed off in the first place. I thought all of the McMahons hated eachother? Or did they have a love in recently that I missed?

Is it possible that Orton could say he stood there and took the beating so he can claim he was assaulted by an owner of the company without retaliation or provocation, therefore further backing his case? He never really did try to fight back, just escape as Rhodes and DiBiase held him back.

That's about the only way this could make sense.