TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - January 26, 2009

That last segment was terrible, wasn't it? I echo the sentiments of the guy who said it might have come off better if Shane had been using some sort of weapon, rather than throwing those horrible looking punches. Still, it seems to lead us down the road to a McMahon turn of some kind and loads of weird and unnecessary overbooking, when all anyone really wants to see is Randy Orton kick someone in the head and then pose. But, given how promising the angle looked at the beginning, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for another few weeks.

The Santino/Beth/Rosa segment was hilarious! I love Glamarella and Rosa fits in really well with them.

In regards to the Orton/Vince saga, talk about replay overkill! I know WWE loves replays, but how many times do we have to see "the punt of doom" on one show? The payoff wasn't even worth it. The final segment sucked. Orton was great though. I was surprised to read on Wikipedia that Intermittent Explosive Disorder actually exists. Under the section of the I.E.D article "famous people who have it", somebody actually put Randy Orton, which made me laugh.

punch.gif

Oh, and Shane shouldn't have been trying to sell his "stick and move" bullshit for this. If he's that pissed off, he doesn't need to be doing fancy footwork like he's some boxer or something.

Also, why would he even be pissed off in the first place. I thought all of the McMahons hated eachother? Or did they have a love in recently that I missed?

On RAW Homecoming or something like that, they announced they are all better after counseling.

On RAW Homecoming or something like that, they announced they are all better after counseling.

But there was also Stephanie telling Shane that she would love to see him run Raw right into the ground not too long ago.

The Santino/Beth/Rosa segment was hilarious! I love Glamarella and Rosa fits in really well with them.

In regards to the Orton/Vince saga, talk about replay overkill! I know WWE loves replays, but how many times do we have to see "the punt of doom" one one show? The payoff wasn't even worth it. The final segment sucked. Orton was great though. I was surprised to read on Wikipedia that Intermittent Explosive Disorder actually exists. Under the section of the I.E.D article "famous people who have it", somebody actually put Randy Orton, which made me laugh.

Famous people who have it

Randy Orton - WWE wrestler who claimed he had this when he serverely injured Vince McMahon during a WWE airing.

It makes it sound like a shoot.

They did it to Kane. He NEVER recovered.

Indeed. He was super-over after losing his mask and it seemed to be the thing that would finally put him over the top as a true main event star. Then he feuds with Shane for months instead and even today people no longer see him as a real threat.

I'm not too crazy about DCH ripping off our "The Victory" joke.

We'll get him later.

You know, I don't usually mind Shane as much as the majority do. But there's really no reason he should have been involved the way he now is. Not just because he's a McMahon, or because he's not a full-time wrestler, but because they should be building Orton/Cena already. Now with Cena defending the title at NWO and Orton in with the McMahons, they're going to have a month of TV to build up the Mania main-event, even though it's offically announced two months plus beforehand. Which isn't enough.

I'm just waiting for the newsbit: "Vince McMahon was said to be happy with how the main event angle came across on TV."

I would also bet cash that they will play the "Shane assaulted me and all I tried to do was run away" card.

Which means Orton goes from unpredictable psycho to little jock bitch. Again. After months and months of turning into a ruthless monster.

Shane as a talker is fine with me. Shane just bumping his ass off is fine with me. Shane in a match with the wrestler selling his punches like he's a combination of Ali-Tyson-Jones-Lewis bothers the shit out of me.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Orton DID have it considering some of the stuff we've heard about him.

The food-throwing incident especially.

What was the one where he screamed at a female worker or something like that? I can't remember the specifics but I think the woman was Canadian.. unless I'm confusing this with someone else?

Yeah Shane's work on Raw was pretty bad, looked gassed from throwing those horrible punches and killed the crowd from what I could tell. I was hoping the roster would run down to help him just to keep him from doing anymore phantom punches.

I would also bet cash that they will play the "Shane assaulted me and all I tried to do was run away" card.

Which means Orton goes from unpredictable psycho to little jock bitch. Again. After months and months of turning into a ruthless monster.

Not necessarily, it can be more of his manipulative sociopath aspect. Either way it's the only direction they can go to salvage this.

Yeah, Orton has run away and done typical heel stuff for most of his sociopathic character arc. He is a "viper" not a "rattlesnake" like Austin, who assaults authority for the hell of it.

I hated this segment but it makes sense in a way for Legacy not to do anything to Shane with all their lawyers there. He could enter a "legal battle" for control over RAW now if they were to go that route.

Still, I hate this shit. They should learn by now that the Vince is the only McMahon who can draw ratings these days. Shane tends to kill them.

I liked the idea of Orton being so badass that guys feuding like Knox and Rey don't do jack or interact during that segment.

I would of even been down for Stephanie about to get Punted and the rest of the roster rushing the ring, except for Jericho. Then the next few weeks guys are found laid out in different areas throughout backstage. Strictly NWOit. Hell, finally do the full circle reveal on-screen and have Triple run-in from the crowd to save Steph.

But knowing how things go, the next week will be stupid, with Orton probably punting someone that had nothing to do with it, like Jamie Noble or Jim Duggan. And then Shane can run-in and brawl with him.

Man, this is really one of the worst segments, like so bad it's good. From Shane calmly walking down and the roster treating him like he was Stone Cold. Orton selling like he's concussed from the 40something owner's son who blew up about a minute into this. Yeah, this is so bad it's good.

That last segment was absolutely horrible. This was the first time in months I dedicated Monday night to watch Raw because I was geniunely interested in the Orton saga. Sure enough, he got the 2003 Kane treatment.

And those punches by Shane were absolutely embarassing and a lot more exposing of the business than "The Wrestler" ever will be. I hope he caught shit for that.

How come wrestlers that never wrestled were in their ring gear or shirtless? Are we supposed to believe they walk around backstage like that just in case they are announced in a match?

Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase walk around in their brief-styles trunks, shirtless for the whole two hours of the show?

Tribute to Benoit

punch.gif

I thought everyone was supposed to be a little more "snug" or "stiff" since HD is much clearer at exposing offense? I'm calling it... Shane joins Legacy, they use this shot, laugh about it and then he tries to get control of RAW. Stephanie will back a respectable man who sticks by family, John Cena. What a Mania main event

punch.gif

I thought everyone was supposed to be a little more "snug" or "stiff" since HD is much clearer at exposing offense? I'm calling it... Shane joins and tries to get control of RAW. Stephanie will back a respectable man who sticks by family, John Cena. What a Mania main event

Orton didn't sell either punch, that was the way he was wobbling. Shane just clearly missed.

- Dave Scherer of PWInsider.com is reporting Monday’s Raw rating as a 3.6, down from last week’s 3.9 (which featured the return of Vince McMahon).

They should learn by now that the Vince is the only McMahon who can draw ratings these days. Shane tends to kill them.

3.6 is still higher than 3.3, though. And Shane was unadvertised. Alvarez suspected the 3.9 stemmed from people watching the longer than usual overrun waiting for, I don't know, Law and Order SVU to start.