TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - January 26, 2009

The one you stole.

A few weeks ago when JR said the FU was renamed The Throwback, I kept waiting for Cole to call it such. However, in three attempts, he said "Going for the win" once and "Going for the victory" twice, to I declared jokingly that the move is called The Victory.

If they were smart (I know that's asking a lot) here's how they should book Orton-Shane for NWO.

Orton comes out next week pissed off. He says he held back but now wants Shane in the ring and will put his career on the line. Shane comes out, ready to accept but Stephanie and Linda beg him not to. Shane says he accepts and will sign a waiver that if something happens no one is responsible but the parties involved.

No Way Out is booked as a no-DQ match. Orton destroys Shane and is prepared to punt him after pinning him via the RKO when Stephanie runs down to save her brother. She lays on top of him which leads to Orton punting her. She gets carried out on a stretcher.

The following night, Shane comes out to confront Legacy and then the swerve takes place as he hugs all the members of Legacy and shows it was a ruse. Shane says he was tired of Steph pushing him around so now he runs RAW.

The one you stole.

A few weeks ago when JR said the FU was renamed The Throwback, I kept waiting for Cole to call it such. However, in three attempts, he said "Going for the win" once and "Going for the victory" twice, to I declared jokingly that the move is called The Victory.

Based on Monday, I think it's supposed to be called It Is.

If they were smart (I know that's asking a lot) here's how they should book Orton-Shane for NWO.

Orton comes out next week pissed off. He says he held back but now wants Shane in the ring and will put his career on the line. Shane comes out, ready to accept but Stephanie and Linda beg him not to. Shane says he accepts and will sign a waiver that if something happens no one is responsible but the parties involved.

No Way Out is booked as a no-DQ match. Orton destroys Shane and is prepared to punt him after pinning him via the RKO when Stephanie runs down to save her brother. She lays on top of him which leads to Orton punting her. She gets carried out on a stretcher.

The following night, Shane comes out to confront Legacy and then the swerve takes place as he hugs all the members of Legacy and shows it was a ruse. Shane says he was tired of Steph pushing him around so now he runs RAW.

No to anything that ends in another lame heel authority figure angle plz!

This is reasonable but it doesn't really set up Orton/Cena at all. If anything it superbly sets up Orton/HHH but I doubt they'll send their new golden boy over to Smackdown.

The one you stole.

Based on Monday, I think it's supposed to be called It Is.

Did I miss something on why it isn't called The FU anymore?

The FU was renamed to the "Throwback" and the STFU had the "U" taken off of it since WWE is now going kid-friendly again.

What I really like about these big segments these days is catching the guys who shouldn't be hanging around each other on screen chatting it up and screwing around in the background. Morrison and Punk always seem to do this when they get the chance.

Another :lol: at how much Rey sounded like a bitch at the end. "PLEASE SHANE, YOU GOTTA CALM DOWN. SHANE! SHANE! CALM DOWN, PLEASE."

They did it to Kane. He NEVER recovered.

Indeed. He was super-over after losing his mask and it seemed to be the thing that would finally put him over the top as a true main event star. Then he feuds with Shane for months instead and even today people no longer see him as a real threat.

Yeah, they really fucked Kane with that feud. He was massively over as a face even though he was pushed as the ultimate monster heel. I was hoping after the JR BBQ incident he would go on a path of destruction across both Raw and Smackdown culminating with his eventual defeat at the hands of the returning Undertaker. Cross brand matches were rare at that time and a super over monster like Kane destroying top stars on both shows would have had everyone at a fever pitch for Undertaker to put him down. Of course, someone thought Shane McMahon was the better idea.

They did it to Kane. He NEVER recovered.

Indeed. He was super-over after losing his mask and it seemed to be the thing that would finally put him over the top as a true main event star. Then he feuds with Shane for months instead and even today people no longer see him as a real threat.

Yeah, they really fucked Kane with that feud. He was massively over as a face even though he was pushed as the ultimate monster heel. I was hoping after the JR BBQ incident he would go on a path of destruction across both Raw and Smackdown culminating with his eventual defeat at the hands of the returning Undertaker. Cross brand matches were rare at that time and a super over monster like Kane destroying top stars on both shows would have had everyone at a fever pitch for Undertaker to put him down. Of course, someone thought Shane McMahon was the better idea.

Didn't Kane win that feud in a stretcher match?

I could totally see that happening. Shane seems to be a solid fit as a manager for Orton and Legacy as a whole, given he is a next generation guy. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Shane turn sooner than No Way Out or the night after it. In fact, part of me wonders if the horrible angle they did last night was essentially a smokescreen to then swerve into the turn happening next week already (Shane admitting that he and Legacy planned this all along to make people think one way), leading to Orton then being forced to give up his title shot at Mania by being a part of the Elimination Chamber instead.

That is the only "out" or explanation they have for that trainwreck ending - to have Shane revealed as part of Legacy. They could explain Shane's phantom punches as he was "pulling them", and Orton selling the punches as if he just went 12 rounds with Lennox Lewis in his prime because he was faking it, same for Cody and Teddy being handled so easily.

It was all an elaborate ruse.

Shane could be the manager/political power broker that would make The Legacy untouchable in any storyline sense. They could explain Shane's motivation in that he saw HHH weaseling in to take what was rightfully his.

Didn't Kane win that feud in a stretcher match?

Kane won a last man standing match (after Shane beat himself doing a stuntman bump) and an ambulance match

The one you stole.

I have a feeling it is called the Victory and I didn't steal anything since I am unaware of such goings-on.

Last few times we've seen Shane, wasn't he just a stooge who got dominated by Lashley, then DX, and then Cena? I guess being a face can make all the difference.

That's been that way his entire in-ring career though. Even in 1999, he was spearing Triple H and was made to look like he was only a few seconds away from winning the WWF Championship if it weren't for Vince hitting him with the WWF Championship belt.

It's heading that way regardless no matter how we spin this. Either Stephanie or Shane is in cahoots with Legacy, and Shane would make more sense considering Stephanie ran roughshod over him and pushed him out of the way to run the show on RAW.

And it would set up Orton-Cena for WM at the same time. Orton in danger of running roughshod all over RAW means he needs the World title to help that along. Cena takes a stand against Legacy and you have your RAW ME for WM.

It would be a "heel authorative figure" angle but rather Shane McMahon would make The Legacy essentially untouchable to the GM or Board of Governors. The Legacy could run roughshod over the whole roster and Shane could shield them form any fallout, discipline etc.

It's heading that way regardless no matter how we spin this. Either Stephanie or Shane is in cahoots with Legacy, and Shane would make more sense considering Stephanie ran roughshod over him and pushed him out of the way to run the show on RAW.

And it would set up Orton-Cena for WM at the same time. Orton in danger of running roughshod all over RAW means he needs the World title to help that along. Cena takes a stand against Legacy and you have your RAW ME for WM.

That just stinks of 'shocking swerve' though. Shane allies with Orton after they beat the hell out of each other at NWO? What'd they do, 'fake-fight' each other?

My main problem with the whole angle is that they make Orton look like the biggest pussy on the third biggest Raw of the year. The other two being the Monday night before WrestleMania to sell the show and the Monday night after WrestleMania. The WWE had a huge bump in the ratings the week before and going into the Rumble. What do they do after the Rumble? They have Orton come out and blame him his actions on IED and threaten to sue the company. They then have Shane beat up all of Legacy and kill every degree of heat that the group has formed. WWE could have presented Orton as being the next big thing to all of the casual viewers who turned in the last 2 weeks and they presented him as nothing more than a Pussy who hides behind lawyers and gets his ass kicked by the 40 year old bosses son.

That just stinks of 'shocking swerve' though. Shane allies with Orton after they beat the hell out of each other at NWO? What'd they do, 'fake-fight' each other?

You'd be surprised how well fake fighting works.

I think the best scenario is for Shane to force Orton to put his WrestleMania title shot on the line against an opponent of their choosing (I dunno, maybe CM Punk, or Kane or something), and if he loses he's fired. Have Shane be the special ref. Then have him turn during the match.