TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - January 26, 2009

That just stinks of 'shocking swerve' though. Shane allies with Orton after they beat the hell out of each other at NWO? What'd they do, 'fake-fight' each other?

You'd be surprised how well fake fighting works.

I think the best scenario is for Shane to force Orton to put his WrestleMania title shot on the line against an opponent of their choosing (I dunno, maybe CM Punk, or Kane or something), and if he loses he's fired. Have Shane be the special ref. Then have him turn during the match.

Why wouldn't Shane just DQ the other guy right away instead of waiting 15 minutes?

How about no silly turns, none of which would even begin to rectify this abortion of an angle, and just book Orton super strong in the next couple of weeks to try and make up for this display of ego?

Orton can face HBK next week and it can end with Legacy beating up HBK and Orton kicking HBK into next week. JBL just stands at ringside and sneers at HBK as this happens. The following week, six days before No Way Out, it's Orton and DiBiase against JBL and HBK. JBL wants to punish HBK and he's forcing him to wrestle when he's in no condition to, as he's selling a serious concussion from the week before. The match ends with Orton pinning HBK after the RKO and while Orton and Legacy stands back, JBL berates a falling HBK, only for Orton to RKO JBL and then give him the kick of death. Before Orton can get to HBK, Super Shane runs in and the two brawl to end the go-home Raw. At No Way Out, Orton and Shane have their brawl, Super Shane naturally holds his own against Orton before falling to an RKO and then the kick of death to lose by KO. However, to show how over the edge Orton has gone, he can give Shane a second Kick of Death, and they can go all out to get over the fact that nobody has ever suffered two of Orton's big kicks in a row and they don't know what this could do to Shane's brain. Then, on Raw the next night, the show ends with Orton gloating over what he's done and being all boastful, only to be confronted by his opponent for Wrestlemania, which I would have be Undertaker. The idea being that Vince has reached out to the ultimate hitman to take out Orton at Wrestlemania, by making a deal with a man who has never lost there.

This way, Orton KO kicks HBK one week and the following week pins him clean and then KO kicks JBL for good measure. That puts Orton over strong on two of Raw's biggest names on consecutive weeks and, in some way, rehabs him from having to sell for Shane on Raw. Not only that, it adds heat to the HBK/JBL angle, because it fosters more resentment from HBK to JBL over standing by while he got KO'd and also forcing him to wrestle, and JBL doesn't look too superior to HBK because he got blindsided with an RKO and then KO kicked.

Yeah, no, I like my scenario better. There's no way I can take Orton and Legacy seriously if they got beatdown by Shane unless they all took hits as part of some bigger angle. It's not a silly turn. Shane McMahon makes sense for a few reasons (joining legacy). 1) He's a third generation star and 2) He's a mouthpiece for Priceless, as well as Harry Smith who might join the group (Shane can introduce him). Randy Orton can't talk for him, so why not have Shane be his manager? It makes too much sense.

It would be a "heel authorative figure" angle but rather Shane McMahon would make The Legacy essentially untouchable to the GM or Board of Governors. The Legacy could run roughshod over the whole roster and Shane could shield them form any fallout, discipline etc.

We've never seen that before... :huh:

I don't like HTQ's scenario at all.

I feel if someone gets the punt of death, they should be out for a month tops, and if he punts JBL and HBK then they'd have to recover awful quick to build to a Wrestlemania match. I didn't like that Cena got punted at Backlash and wasn't out for long at all

Also, Taker and Orton feuded for a whole year, and have already faced at Wrestlemania. It's been done