TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

TNA Impact - January 29, 2009

It's not like the WWE or other indy promotions don't do the same angle.

Scroby, TNA isn't supposed to be like WWE, and was doing a great job back in 2004-2005, but this past year or so has been brutal. It seriously is WWE lite and it has no reason to be, and that's where my frustration comes in. I don't care if any other promotion does it, it sucks no matter who does it. I can deal with WWE since I'm loyal and I probably will never stop watching, but with the potential of TNA continuing to be flushed down the drain, it gets frustrating. With a well-booked year or two, TNA could actually truly be some competition to WWE, but they are nowhere close right now.

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. It's ok for the WWE to do it because you're more loyal to them? You're kidding right?

No, I won't bitch about it because I'm so used to THEM doing it. When you're TNA and trying to promote yourselves as THE ALTERNATIVE, you're not supposed to do the same shit the people you're trying to compete with put out. That's just retarded. Don't act as if I'm pulling the "it's ok for WWE to do it cuz they are kewl" card, because that's far from what I'm saying.

LMAO... I can tell I'll be saving this one on the DVR. Chet Lemon and Black Snow on commentary have been great, and JB's line to Kurt- "Bros before hoes every day of my life- but I do have strong feelings for you." Wow. Hilarious stuff.

The MEM Impact was kind of amazing. A trainwreck, obviously, but a hugely entertaining one. It was actually so entertaining that when Foley and Cornette got the show back it just felt like a huge buzzkill and the rest of the show just happened. Everything once Tenay and West returned to the booth was just the same thing we've seen for months. Before that there was something different, good or bad. It was something that didn't just blend in and become forgettable like so much of TNA the last X months.

The clean win for Angle was horrible. I hate it whenever WWE does it and I hated it there. Even without the spoilers it seemed obviously Angle had to win against the odds going into a title match in 10 days but I thought for sure we'd see some kind of interference or clusterfuck so that really threw me. Booking that really made no sense except to elevate Angle when he doesn't need it and to do it at the expense of guys you actually have involved in title pictures.

That was a really entertaining first hour+ and the bottom just fell out to a pointless and demoralizing main event. Ah well.

I'm tired of that "We'll have to wait and see shit" when it comes to TNA, especially when what we see is most of the time, worse then the actual spoilers.

Which is exactly how the Angle/LAX match turned out.

I'm tired of that "We'll have to wait and see shit" when it comes to TNA, especially when what we see is most of the time, worse then the actual spoilers.

Which is exactly how the Angle/LAX match turned out.

I have no idea what you expect from this shit eating posts. Something being as bad as you thought it would be doesn't prove ANYTHING. It doesn't prove that things will always or often go as bad as you suspect. It doesn't prove that TNA always does it that bad. It doesn't make you right or wrong. There's no logical way for someone to take that out of it. Its like us having this conversation.

"A-Rod will strike out here. He always strikes out with the bases loaded."

"I don't think that's true. Even if it happens a lot he's certainly succeeded a great deal as well and can easily get a hit here."

"Its true. Trust me."

A-Rod strikes out.

"See? He always strikes out. You should believe me when I say things like that."

Him striking out in that instance does make the claim true. It just means it happened. Maybe because the statement WAS true and he does strike out a ton with the bases loaded. Or maybe it was just dumb luck. But nothing was proved by that experiment if you actually look at it honestly and intelligently.

You come into TNA threads, read the potentially bad spoiler, and argue against any remotely positive alternative on the grounds that its TNA and you think TNA always screws up. Fine. That's a subjective opinion you're entitled to. But it sure seems like you want everyone to adopt your subjective opinion as standard. And that's just ridiculous. I mean, this was a waste. That booking was a disaster. I hated it. I can't do anything but criticize TNA. But going back one week I completely disagree with you and I thought Hernandez came off MUCH better than he did in the spoilers and in your subjective opinion. And these are simply our differing subjective opinions. So I have no idea what you hope to prove by posts like this except to get under the skin of people who happen to think differently than you.

No the best part is that he avoids commenting in the WWE folder when WWE does something stupid. I look through that abomination of a Raw thread and...nope... Nonsensical Hardy turn? Comments? Nope.

He's a troll. He's always been a troll. Just ignore him like everyone else has learned to.

This is, after all, the guy who said Mike Adamle did a fine job after his first time commentating ECW.

Bob didn't watch did he?

Hernandez tagged in ONE TIME and squashed Angle...then when he couldn't get tagged in for the rest of the match...came in and squashed Angle before getting dumped to the outside for the finish.

I watched some of it in between the hockey game.

LAX shouldn't be losing a handicap match, Hernandez especially shouldn't be losing a handicap match.

It was a stupid match to book to begin with.

Yeah this was one hilarious show to watch, so much so that I disliked them going back to normal for the last half hour. Steiner's ring intros were priceless, with his usual array of white trash and redneck remarks. Chet Lemon and Black Snow on commentary, haha.

That Angle win over LAX though.....just wow. One of the most baffling pieces of booking I've seen in quite some time.

This was the thread for Impact Discussion, and I watched some of Impact.

I was wondering how they'd get out of jobbing LAX or Angle and thought there'd be a schmoz...but I guess not.

No the best part is that he avoids commenting in the WWE folder when WWE does something stupid. I look through that abomination of a Raw thread and...nope... Nonsensical Hardy turn? Comments? Nope.

He's a troll. He's always been a troll. Just ignore him like everyone else has learned to.

This is, after all, the guy who said Mike Adamle did a fine job after his first time commentating ECW.

And you're a moron and also a troll.

The Hardy turn was forshadowed months ago, when Edge basically told Matt he isn't shit without Jeff.

People thinking Christian was the guy, were just victims of their own expectations.

But yeah, Hernandez was built up nice, he hit a lot of moves, and missed a shoulder tackl that knocked him out 5 minutes.

So yeah, fuck you, and get off your fucking soap box, Bps.

Maybe Truthiness is just like Jack Swagger All American and because he's also more loyal to the WWE, the WWE gets a break.

My sig basically express my feelings about how WWE butchered Orton, I have enough disdain to spread out between all 5 companies I watch.

I just don't see anyway to defend what happened to LAX, I just don't.

I mean was Creed/Lethal busy on explosion or something?

There's a difference between defending it, though, and making the argument that it was all but predetermined because that's what TNA does. I think that was a horrible booking decision, even with the way that bps noted they seemed to try to protect Hernandez. It was just an all together bad move on TNA's part.

That however has nothing to do with you arguing with people that there was no point in waiting to see how it plays out before condemning it. All because you believe TNA screws it up so much that its a safe and easy bet to just rip on them base on ambiguous spoilers. And like I said, I think the two weeks of LAX based spoiler arguments are a good example. I though the Hernandez/Sting match played out much better than it did in spoilers, but the LAX/Angle match played out as bad as it did in spoilers. Together they create a solid case for "wait until you see it before you can tear it apart." And there's plenty of time now for us to say we hated that match and it was a terribly booking decision. Now that we've seen it and KNOW what happened.

Pulling up your comment from the spoiler thread and giving everyone a "See?" only serves to do 1 of 2 things. (1) Present a silly notion that this sets some sort of precedent or proved anything about TNA beyond one match; or (2) poke people who disagree with you to try and get a reaction.

If the next set of spoilers has an ambiguous result that looks like it COULD work out for better or worse... and you assume the worst because of your opinion of TNA. You can probably safely assume that others will STILL not assume with you and will be content waiting the 3-10 days to see it before judging it fully. And there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that to me. Its a standard I tend to apply to ECW and SD most of the time as well.

Well, that is where we differ. What I've come to find out with TNA is the show never really is much better than the spoilers.

Something's are just stupid Lucky, putting Angle in a handicap match with LAX, and having him win clean is just stupid. Anything less than Angle getting the shit beat out of him, is stupid in my opinion. This is why I hate the whole handicap match concept, unless it's being used to put over a guy squashing two men at a time, or a guy getting seriously fucked up by two guys. Most of the time, the 2 guys always come out looking like dweebs, which is what happened tonight.

Sure Hernandez, got in a few big moves illegally, before he took himself out. However, Angle still won the match and was celebrating like a guy who just beat 2 guys clean, he wasn't selling any of the offense Hernandez threw at him, and I don't see how it helps Hernandez look strong, when he basically had to come in and attack Angle illegally. I don't even want to get in on how useless Homicide looked, because I'm sure there is an excuse for that also.

A month ago, LAX was basically doing nothing, which was better then what was happening to the Frontline in their feud with the Mafia. Now that they have gotten involved in the feud, they haven't looked very good in my opinion.

But hey, it is what it is.