TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

Comedy

Hey, I thought it was about time we had somewhere to recommend comedians to each other, as I love a good laugh. I'm pretty open to try any comedian, but, like I told my girlfriend last week much to her amazed disgust, I don't really find female comedians that funny. No idea, can't place it, probably a sexiest pig in the making.

Dana Cook

Lewis Black

CS Lewis

George Carlin

are all on my ipod at the moment, any other recommendations? Stand up routines, comedy songs, or even funny audio books are welcomed, something to keep me going while at the gym or on bike rides. Its better then having to constantly stopping to change what music I'm listening to.

CS Lewis? You mean Louis CK?

Bob Saget's stand up is actually pretty funny. George Lopez always makes me bust a rib laughing too.

Bob Saget's stand up is actually pretty funny. George Lopez always makes me bust a rib laughing too.

haha shit I did, my girlfriend was talking about Whinny the Pooh as I was typing :lol:

haha shit I did, my girlfriend was talking about Whinny the Pooh as I was typing :lol:

and Winnie The Pooh was done by AA Milne

Brian Regan and Rich Vos are great. Regan's one of the best clean comics out there.

I'll second Regan, his stories about the spelling bee and science fair as a kid are great bits.

"THE BIG YELLOW ONE IS THE SUN!"

Brian Regan and Rich Vos are great. Regan's one of the best clean comics out there.

I'll second Regan, his stories about the spelling bee and science fair as a kid are great bits.

"THE BIG YELLOW ONE IS THE SUN!"

I took my girl to see Brian Regan last year for our anniversary. We're both big fans.

I think that George Carlin, Doug Stanhope and Bill Hicks speak more to me than any other stand up performer.

Chris Rock, Bill Burr and Dimitri Martin are up there, though.

The aforementioned Mitch Hedberg is the funniest person to ever walk the planet, but that's a given. My other favorite comedians are Kyle Cease, Mike Birbiglia and Eugene Mirman.

Yeah there is too much Dane Hate. It comes off as people just hating whats got very popular. Sure he's not elite, but he solid.

If there's a comedian to hate, it's Larry The Cable Guy.

Yeah there is too much Dane Hate. It comes off as people just hating whats got very popular. Sure he's not elite, but he solid.

My god if I were some how promised to get away with it, I would have NO problem killing him!

Carlos Mencia says "Hi!".

Well, at least Mencia has actually made me laugh. One time. Back in 2002.

We could debate all night as to who has done more wrong to this world, but if I have to choose one, at least Mencia can make a semi-decent point (whether it is his idea or not) every now and again. Larry has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

George Lopez always makes me bust a rib laughing too.

That show only furthers the stereotype that George Lopez is funny.

His show is bland, I'm talking his actual stand up.

The aforementioned Mitch Hedberg is the funniest person to ever walk the planet, but that's a given. My other favorite comedians are Kyle Cease, Mike Birbiglia and Eugene Mirman.

Kyle Cease came to my school and performed. I thought he was good.

We also had Carlos Alazraqui at school and he was really good.

Try some Def Comedy Jam alums:

Bernie Mac

Martin Lawrence

Dave Chappelle

Eddie Griffin

Jamie Foxx

Bruce Bruce

I'm pretty sure the seasons from the early 90's is on DVD or online somewhere. I'm not too sure that this type of stand-up will translate for you across the pond, but if you're into Rodney King and O.J. jokes, they this is right up your alley.

Check out some Comic View also.

George Lopez always makes me bust a rib laughing too.

That show only furthers the stereotype that George Lopez is funny.

His show is bland, I'm talking his actual stand up.

Never seen the show. Highlighted is just a Family Guy reference.

I don't hate Dane Cook, I just find his routine horribly unfunny.

Rent Kings of Comedy, if anything, for Bernie Mac's portion.

Dave Chappelle's 2000 HBO special "Killin Em Softly" may be one of my all time favorite shows.

Louis CK's "Shameless", also on HBO, is probably #2