TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Obi Chris Kenobi

Comedy

I like Gabriel Iglesias. I haven't seen much new material, though.

I don't like George Lopez's stand up routine. He's always telling these long drawn-out stories, with many of his jokes based on these stories. If I start watching it in the middle, I find myself completely lost. And I'm sick of minorities doing the generic or "valley girl" white person-speak.

And the circle is complete.

First, Dane Cook is just ok, kinda new, don't really know him. Then we all decide he sucks, and spend time deconstructing why he sucks. But wait, now everyone's hating on him! That means we should defend him now.

Well, that's not really a circle. Whatever.

And the circle is complete.

First, Dane Cook is just ok, kinda new, don't really know him. Then we all decide he sucks, and spend time deconstructing why he sucks. But wait, now everyone's hating on him! That means we should defend him now.

Well, that's not really a circle. Whatever.

I dont follow your logic. Just because SOME people hate him and SOME people like him if they discuss him you come away with the circle (HA! maybe a vicious circle) you described?

And when did "we all decide he sucks"?

Around the time of Tourgasm...damn, my fondness for "performers go out on the road" documentaries/TV series...made me watch that show.

My brothers were huge into Dane Cook around '03/'04 but stopped liking him when he got a bunch of teenage girl fans. Par for the course for most performers in the comic and music worlds. I can honestly say I never really liked the guy though he's too bland to deserve my full on, vitriolic hatred.

Jim Norton, Rich Vos, Nick DiPaolo, Louis CK, Bob Kelly...pretty much any of the guys from the Opie and Anthony crew really. In fact if you want some good comedy, you can usually find torrents called "Opie and Anthony Worst of the Week" on the Sundays/Mondays, which has the best parts of the prior weeks broadcasts broken up.

I saw a Showtime Doug Stanhope special and there were just zero laughs to be had

I think I saw the same thing cause instead of laughing I wanted to punch him in the face.

Dat Phan came to my school and I originally hated him cause he reuses the same shit over and over and over, but he came with new material and was really funny so now I like him.

Also, killing both larry the cable guy and carlos mencia would be great. Someone needs to do the world a favor and get it over with.

A Mencia and Larry the Cable Guy murder/suicide would be the best thing for comedy

Wow Murder/Suicide never even crossed my mind! I know what i'm dreaming about tonight!!

Sam Kinison...there was a great comedian. He left us too soon.

Other comedians I enjoy...past and present.

Christopher Titus

Andrew "Dice" Clay

Redd Foxx

Ralphie May

Richard Pryor

Patrice O'Neal

Richard Jeni

I've only seen one "joke" from Dane Cook. It was about how he met an annoying atheist who said after he died he would just become one with nature. So Dane Cook said he hopes this guy becomes a tree that gets chopped down and turned into a bible.

Oh, and then he spent five minutes doing an impression of a guy spitting, or something.

It was one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life.

Anyway, if you like the more surreal kinda thing - Bill Bailey.

I've only seen one "joke" from Dane Cook. It was about how he met an annoying atheist who said after he died he would just become one with nature. So Dane Cook said he hopes this guy becomes a tree that gets chopped down and turned into a bible.

Oh, and then he spent five minutes doing an impression of a guy spitting, or something.

It was one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life.

Anyway, if you like the more surreal kinda thing - Bill Bailey.

"Part Troll" is a favourite of mine.