TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Your guilty pleasure of the moment

I'm not really fond of the term "guilty pleasure" either because I'm not ashamed of anything I like. I think Chuck Klosterman defined the term best as something you pretend to like ironically but secretly like un-ironically.

Does '80s Rod Stewart count as a guilty pleasure? Now surely there's nothing to be guilty about liking his work with The Faces or Every Picture Tells A Story but I guess if you liked his Great American Songbook stuff, it'd be kind of a guilty pleasure. Anyways, I've listened to this song three times today.

I've been having a hard time listening to rap music these days, so I have been listening to music from my childhood:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Closest I can get to this right now is that Kevin Rudolf song with Weezy on it, but I don't think I actually like it so much as have it plastered, inescapable, to the inside of my skull.

Usually I hate shit like this, but for some reason, this song has grown on me in a guilty pleasure type of way.

Aly and AJ....what?? Don't laugh....I'm being serious.

Those girls don't believe in evolution. Just like Ron Paul. "Acoustic Hearts of Winter" my BUTT. The Veronicas are tons better.

This was on P FORK's top 100 of '08 list, so I want to hate it, but it's just so good!

I'm also a fan of Paris Hilton's 2006 semi-hit-but-would-have-been-bigger-if-it-had-been-performed-by-a-less-loathsome-personality, "Stars Are Blind."

Guest Czech please!

I'm not guilty about anything I like anymore. I like what I like. I'm listening to "Waiting for Tonight" by Jennifer Lopez (speaking of great pop songs by irritating musical dilettante celebrities...) and I'm okay with myself. It's a neat song. Who cares?

It still blows my mind that people allegedly avoid this folder because they're afraid of certain members dubbed "elitists." Nobody here is really an elitist, and the fact that some people like listening to "obscure" music (though it's usually really not) in addition to more popular music shouldn't dissuade people from participating. We're like bears in the forest. We're more afraid of you than you are of us.

It still blows my mind that people allegedly avoid this folder because they're afraid of certain members dubbed "elitists." Nobody here is really an elitist, and the fact that some people like listening to "obscure" music (though it's usually really not) in addition to more popular music shouldn't dissuade people from participating. We're like bears in the forest. We're more afraid of you than you are of us.

I've realized that the thing to be afraid of RE: starting threads in this folder is the fact that they get no response, presumably because people are frightened of said elitists.

I've realized that the thing to be afraid of RE: starting threads in this folder is the fact that they get no response, presumably because people are frightened of said elitists.

shut up

For someone who pledged to become more well-rounded in his musical tastes in 2009*, I've been listening to an awful lot of Hoobastank the last few weeks.

*I was really into blues when I was about 12, and I've often mentioned a desire to get more into classical music.

I'm not guilty about anything I like anymore. I like what I like. I'm listening to "Waiting for Tonight" by Jennifer Lopez (speaking of great pop songs by irritating musical dilettante celebrities...) and I'm okay with myself. It's a neat song. Who cares?

In the past you've taken me out to the woodshed over Weezer and 311, so believe it!

I unapologetically like the first Killers album. Also, some 90's era Industrial (KMFDM, Nitzer Ebb, Front Line Assembly) has been a fave since Highschool.

There is nothing wrong in liking Hot Fuss. Most surprising album of 2004 IMO.

I'm fine with that.

At the risk of coming off a little very attractive in a way that I can't explain, one of the most memorable moments of seeing Rush in '04 was listening to "Somebody Told Me" on the way home.

Edit: Since when have been word filtering that?

There is nothing wrong in liking Hot Fuss. Most surprising album of 2004 IMO.

I'm fine with that.

At the risk of coming off a little very attractive in a way that I can't explain, one of the most memorable moments of seeing Rush in '04 was listening to "Somebody Told Me" on the way home.

The most memorable night for me at the Rush concert was the hippie on acid dancing to Red Barchetta.

Not to derail the thread any longer, but I have always liked Christina Aguliera music for some strange reason.

It's not a guilty pleasure, and it's not of the moment as I always liked this band - the acustic stuff more than the full band. He's still one of my favourite acts to see live because I love a full house of emo sing-along.

Oh, and that Paris Hilton song is cool.