TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

TNA Impact - February 5, 2009

Xplosion:

*TNA Tag Team champion Robert Roode defeated Consequences Creed.

Impact:

*The Main Event Mafia comes out. Kevin Nash takes the mic and says Samoa Joe has been cast into a new role...."my b***h." Kurt Angle tells TNA champion Sting that he thought he knew him but perhaps he doesn't. Angle said that he guarantees the TNA title will stay with the Main Event Mafia and tells Sting, "I'll see you later tonight. partner."

*Eric Young and Jay Lethal defeated The Motor City Machineguns. Young was a substitute for Consequences Creed who was attacked and laid out by Beer Money Inc. with a chairshot to the arm. Young enters the match and pinned Shelley. Shelley challenges Young to a X-Division title match at the Against All Odds PPV.

*Shane Sewell defeated Sheik Abdul Bashir by DQ. There was a ref bump and a second ref ran to the ring, only it was Booker T. He jumped Sewell and they brawled until security broke them up.

*The Beautiful People defeated Taylor Wilde and Roxxi. After paperbagging them, they beat them until the Governor made the save.

*Brutus Magnus defeated Shark Boy, then issued an open challenge for Against All Odds.

*Matt Morgan vs. Rhino went to a no contest. Morgan was going to nail the Hellavator on a chair on Rhino but Abyss hit the ring with a bag of thumbtacks and Morgan bailed. Abyss filled the ring with weapons and took a mic. He thanks Morgan for unleashing the old Abyss again and cuts a promo saying that Matt can call himself the DNA of TNA but this is what happens when you add Abyss to the equation and bloodies himself using the weapons. He says that you hurt the ones you love the most and that's true...and he will prove it at the PPV.

*Team 3D defeated TNA champion Sting and Kurt Angle by DQ when the Main Event Mafia ran in. The story of the match was that Angle wouldn't tag Sting in and flipped him off. The Mafia had to separate them after as 3D mocked them.

Xplosion: *Satanico del Exotico debuted, pinning Petey Williams after shocking him with a kiss and rolling him up.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=36140&p=1

So.. the Guns job, Nash openly calls Joe his bitch, Booker runs in disguised as a ref, Sewell takes on Bashir for no reason as they were in the ring last week and tempers hardly flared, and for some reason Matt Morgan is labled 'the DNA of TNA'.

I wonder if it will top this weeks iMPACT.

Mem was one of my favorite things TNA had done, but these two weeks worth of spoilers look like they jumped the shark on this angle.

*The Beautiful People defeated Taylor Wilde and Roxxi. After paperbagging them, they beat them until the Governor made the save.
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=36140&p=1

So it looks as if Daffney is permanently Fake Governor Palin much like Melissa is still Saeed.

Anyone else think either one of them will be released from TNA without ever being themselves like Rain was?

I'm just gonna sit back and be really nice. :)

Do you have any other choices?

Yes. Yes I do.

I'm confused. Why is the MEM turning on Sting now?

Sting's getting tired of Angle always talking for him and seems like he's growing frustrated with some of the actions of the MEM. Cornette is trying to drive a wedge between them by booking the Angle vs. Sting vs. Team 3D fatal fourway at Against All Odds

Yeah. Its basically just Cornette and Foley pushing Sting on the clear fact that the Mafia are full of shit and have been going well beyond "wanting respect" for awhile. And Sting seems like he's been breaking a little and has objected to Angle's decisions of late, sometimes in passing ways to other people and most recently straight to Angle's face. And that's come at the same time that the rest of the Mafia are starting to address Angle directly as their leader whereas when the group started they all kind of presented Sting as the defacto leader given he was the champ.

So its just 2 philosophies from 2 leaders slowly reaching a breaking point.

And its Sting, so you know. It has to happen.

This is one of the aspects of the story that TNA got right. Sting slowly getting fed up with the MEM and Angle's way of doing things making for a good slowburn storyline.

Well if it leads to another Sting vs Angle singles ppv match that'll rock.

I'm torn on that feud idea. On one hand the previous Sting/Angle match was quite good and this one could be as well if both guys are healthy. On the other hand it's still two old guys fighting each other and doesn't help to get any of the Frontline over at all.

But then at this point I've largely given up on the Frontline guys being anything but jobbers, so what the hell.

Okay, that was a good rough cut. I know The Great Muta can't be in every one of them, but that was so much more effective than, say, the Sojourner Bolt one that painted her as a nice kid from a nice neighborhood immediately after she cut a promo saying she was a mean lady from the mean streets. I am excited to see Kiyoshi now.

The Rough Cuts, for the most part, have been very good. I didn't mind the Sojo Bolt one, but like you said, she had just finished saying she was a bad ass.

Well, Don West is an asshole, we've pretty much established that already, and nothing he says should be taken seriously.

That segment in Cornette's office was pretty entertaining. He's great on the mic, and I'm loving ghetto Booker more than African King Booker.

I love hoe Beer Moiney attacks Lethal/Creed, but somehows Tenay and West blame MCMG for the whole thing.

This was how I took it: "The MCMG aren't committed to the Frontline, who get their asses kicked all the while they themselves keep winning matches and titles"

also, what was The Wire reference he dropped? I just started watching it for a class I'm taking on the show this semester, and we're covering season 4, so that's all I'm familiar with so far.

Glad others are baffled as to this Machine Guns part of the Frontline angle. Why in the hell should Sabin and Shelley care about any of these guys? Aren't they trying to contend with them for the tag titles and aren't the Frontline guys coming after Shelley's X title? It's moronic to actively help your competition. Pro wrestling is an individual sport (or maybe 2 men in a tag team). It's not this goofy Ryder Cup style deal where guys all band together for some vague common purpose.

I fail to see how the MCMG are heels in all of this. They don't want to be bothered with this ragtag group called the Frontline? Fine. Foley and Co. should just leave them alone instead of threatening them with fines or being fired.

I love hoe Beer Moiney attacks Lethal/Creed, but somehows Tenay and West blame MCMG for the whole thing.

This was how I took it: "The MCMG aren't committed to the Frontline, who get their asses kicked all the while they themselves keep winning matches and titles"

also, what was The Wire reference he dropped? I just started watching it for a class I'm taking on the show this semester, and we're covering season 4, so that's all I'm familiar with so far.

"Come at the King you best not miss"-Omar Little (Season 1)

Somebody might have said it first, but Omar is the only person I ever heard say it.