TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BifEverchad

Guitar Hero: METALLICA

Metallica have revealed details of their upcoming version of the Guitar Hero game. A post on Metallica's website listed the 28 songs by the band that are set to be included on the game, which is released on March 29. The post also lists a group of songs by other artist's chosen by Metallica to feature on the release, including Foo Fighters' 'Stacked Actors' and Thin Lizzy's 'The Boys Are Back in Town'.

The Metallica songs included on Guitar Hero are:

'All Nightmare Long'

'Battery'

'Creeping Death'

'Disposable Heroes'

'Dyers Eve'

'Enter Sandman'

'Fade To Black'

'Fight Fire With Fire'

'For Whom The Bell Tolls'

'Frantic'

'Fuel'

'Hit The Lights'

'King Nothing'

'Master Of Puppets'

'Mercyful Fate (Medley)'

'No Leaf Clover'

'Nothing Else Matters'

'One'

'Orion'

'Sad But True'

'Seek And Destroy'

'The Memory Remains'

'The Shortest Straw'

'The Thing That Should Not Be'

'The Unforgiven'

'Welcome Home (Sanitarium)'

'Wherever I May Roam'

'Whiplash'

Other songs set to feature on the game are:

Alice In Chains - 'No Excuses'

Bob Seger - 'Turn The Page'

Corrosion Of Conformity - 'Albatross'

Diamond Head - 'Am I Evil?'

Foo Fighters - 'Stacked Actors'

Judas Priest - 'Hell Bent For Leather'

Kyuss - 'Demon Cleaner'

Lynyrd Skynyrd - 'Tuesday's Gone'

Machine Head - 'Beautiful Mourning'

Mastodon - 'Blood And Thunder'

Mercyful Fate - 'Evil'

Michael Schenker Group - 'Armed And Ready'

Motorhead - 'Ace Of Spades'

Queen - 'Stone Cold Crazy'

Samhain - 'Mother Of Mercy'

Slayer - 'War Ensemble'

Social Distortion - 'Mommy's Little Monster'

Suicidal Tendencies - 'War Inside My Head'

System Of A Down - 'Toxicity'

The Sword - 'Black River'

Thin Lizzy - 'The Boys Are Back In Town'

I'm not even a huge Metallica fan by any means, but this sounds like it's going to be gooooood.

Dyer's Eve? Fuck, that will be impossible.

Oh man. "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and "Creeping Death" are going to be fun. "Blood and Thunder" and fuckin' Slayer is icing on the cake.

Sweet, Albatros is on it too!

This game was the main reason I bought World Tour. Glad to see the song list is going to pay off. Of course, I miss the hilarity of not getting to play "St. Anger" though.

Yeah, the double kickpad is for the "Ultra Hard Lars Mode" that you can only get to if you have the double kickers..I know that where I work, if you reserve GH: Metallica, you get the kickpad with splitter for free.. *shrug*

59.99 for the game and I'm assuming 89.99 for a possible GH: Metallica guitar pack..but I haven't seen one pop up on our reserve list so..more than likely just the game..

The only song from Death Magnetic on there is one of the worst songs from that album...

I happen to think All Nightmare Long is one of the strongest tracks on Death Magnetic, top 3 on the album with That was Just Your Life and Judas Kiss.

Well if you want to play Death Magnetic songs you can d/l the whole album for GH3 or WT anyways. I will be picking this up at launch, which is something I hardly ever do. Awesome tracklist. I am very dissapointed with no Bleeding Me though.

Oh, 49 songs total. That's not awful, I guess. But it is still a step back from the core games, which give you in the 80s. And odds are, it'll end up being $65-70 in Canada.

I will say that "Stacked Actors" is one of those songs I'd really like to play.

Yeah, I was hoping "Stacked Actors" would be on the Foo pack that came out a while ago for RB2. Song sounds like it would be real fun to play. The Bob Seger version of "Turn the Page" on a Metallica GH is a nice touch.

As for the game, I've never been a big Metallica fan (heresey I know) but I appreciate their more popular works, and they got the more popular tracks, so I'm happy with it. Probably won't get it at launch though.

Wasn't "Ace of Spades" in the original Guitar Hero, albeit a cover? If they let you use the mic in this game, have fun destroying your vocal chords trying to emulate Lemmy's voice :headbang: .

I'm glad Fade to Black, Sad But True, Unforgiven, and No Leaf Clover made it into the game. Especially the later.

Wasn't "Ace of Spades" in the original Guitar Hero, albeit a cover? If they let you use the mic in this game, have fun destroying your vocal chords trying to emulate Lemmy's voice :headbang: .

It's in the original Guitar Hero, yep. What I assume is a re-recording--"Ace of Spades '08"--is also on the Rock Band 2 disc.

Oh.

Say...is that option available on the Wii?

3 tracks are. Not the whole album though.

Some of the bonus tracks on this sound really good which may convince me to buy it. But I'm not sure if I like Metallica enough to buy a game based on their songs. I only like a handful of tracks.

It's in the original Guitar Hero, yep. What I assume is a re-recording--"Ace of Spades '08"--is also on the Rock Band 2 disc.

Oh yeah, I never even realized that..

Enough with the fuckin' Ace of Spades.

I saw the set list for the Metallica game a week or so ago. It looks great; much better than GH: Aerosmith. But as much as I love Metallica, their songs give me fits on Rock Band and GH. I still can't beat "One" on Hard on GH3, or "Battery" on Rock Band 2. Sandman's easy. I barely scarpe by their DLC on Rock Band. I'm not sure I could play this game on a difficulty higher than medium and make it more than halfway through.