TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BifEverchad

Guitar Hero: METALLICA

As much of a Metallica fan I am, I'm not sure if I will be picking this up or not. First, I'm not a fan of Guitar Hero since GH3, and 2, I have yet to own a Guitar Hero or Rock Band game, so I'm not exactly a pro at these games by any stretch. Since Metallica's songs are pretty difficult enough, I have a feeling that I would spend more time being frustrated as hell rather than enjoying playing some of the songs.

Might pick up Rock Band in a few weeks once I get my income tax back, and once I can actually last during some harder songs I may pick up GH Metallica if it goes on cheap.

I'm looking forward to this, but it'll wait until my refund. I'm going to pile onto the Bleeding Me love, hopefully a DLC later. I would like to see "so what" but I know that's a fucking pipe dream.

Does anyone know if it is too late to take advantage of the free bass pedal when you preorder the game deal? I didn't realize we are only 6 days away.....

Also, even there is a second bass pedal, I read that you pretty much don't get to utilize it unless you put the drums on expert level difficulty. If that is true, then I have some practice to do considering I am just starting to able to handle the hard level on about 50% of the songs on World Tour.

The only drawback of this game for me is that it is going to pretty much elminate the "group aspect" This will be a GH game I am playing pretty much by myself as it would be hard to convince my wife to "sing" Metallica songs, hahaha.....

Is the rumored "GH Jimi Hendrix" still being made?

Also, do all the GH instruments work with Rock Band 2? I heard initially there were some problems with compadibility, but everything should work now, True?

Sweet. That answered most of my questions. The only question I have left is regarding the drums. Are both Rock Band (2) and GHWT, able to detect which specific drum set you are using, and will it integrate that drum set into the game. For example since I have the GHWT drum set, if I am playing Rock Band 2 with it, will it recognize that I have an extra drum pad and does it utilize that drum pad, or will I just only being using four drum pads when I play Rock Band 2?

Sweet. That answered most of my questions. The only question I have left is regarding the drums. Are both Rock Band (2) and GHWT, able to detect which specific drum set you are using, and will it integrate that drum set into the game. For example since I have the GHWT drum set, if I am playing Rock Band 2 with it, will it recognize that I have an extra drum pad and does it utilize that drum pad, or will I just only being using four drum pads when I play Rock Band 2?

I think either the orange cymbal or the green pad is disabled when playing Rock Band. I know that when you go the other way, Guitar Hero mashes the orange cymbal in with either the blue or green pad, and there's only 4 note lanes on-screen.

Is it harder than World Tour?

I remember GH3 on medium being twice as hard as GH:WT on medium.

The potential difficulty is one thing dissuading me from purchasing this game. The main factors are my having too many unplayed games now, plus the fact that this will drop in price soon enough (GH: Aerosmith dropped to $10 within 8 months!) but Metallica's songs kicked my ass on GH3 and Rock Band 1 and 2.

Good news, though- all songs are unlocked for quick play from the get-go.

Where the hell can you get GH: Aerosmith for $10?

Also, it is supposed to be more difficult. It's one of the selling points and I am certainly looking forward to it.

Yeah, there's an extra higher difficulty.

As for GH: Aerosmith, you can't now, but it has been on sale for $10 multiple times. Gamestop will be selling it for $15 new starting on 4/5, I believe is the correct date. You can find it for $20 at various online retailers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00...p;condition=new

I guess one cool thing about the 2nd bass pedal is once it is plugged in, it works for whenever you want to use it, even if a song doesn't specifically call for double-bass patterns. I wonder if you can use double-bass on WT if you want to.

Oh and since Metallica mainly only uses double-bass in small spots of their songs, I wonder if this is a sign we might get some DLC of more extreme metal songs that will utilize double bass even more!!!

Seeing the commercial with college basketball coaches made me really want this game. I've been trying not to think about it since I probably shouldn't be dropping $60 on right now, but the track listing looks incredible and I look forward to the challenge. GH3's been the only game with some really tough songs so far, but this one looks like it's loaded from top to bottom. Sad But True is the slowest Metallica song I can think of, and even that would probably be a level 5 or 6 in the other GH games because of the solo.