TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

WWE SmackDown - January 30, 2009

Rajah:

SmackDown: (Airing This Week)

* Matt Hardy opens SmackDown with a promo on his actions at Sunday's Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

* R-Truth b. The Brian Kendrick

* MVP b. Chavo Guerrero

- MVP gets the win via pinfall after Chavo misses a frog splash.

* Umaga b. Jimmy Wang Yang in his return to TV match.

* Undertaker b. Mark Henry to earn a spot in the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out.

* Edge & Vickie cut a promo. The Big Show comes out and interrupts.

* Big Show b. Festus to earn a spot in the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out.

* Triple H vs. Vladimir Kozlov vs. The Great Khali in a Triple Threat Chamber Qualifier

- Triple H gets the win after a pedigree on The Great Khali to earn a spot in the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out.

Matt Hardy opens SmackDown with a promo on his actions at Sunday's Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

Tremendous work, Spoilers writer. Might as well have just written the report to say other things like "Undertaker and Mark Henry had a match".

From reading this the SD EC match for the PPV looks way more interesting than Raw's version. Does anyone give Rey or Kingston a shot in that match? On SD at least they have HHH, Big Show, Taker along with Edge.

From reading this the SD EC match for the PPV looks way more interesting than Raw's version. Does anyone give Rey or Kingston a shot in that match? On SD at least they have HHH, Big Show, Taker along with Edge.

One will have Hoss brutality and the other will have innovative flippy-shit.

Yeah, UT, Big Show, Triple HHH, and the guy who makes it in the next show (spoilers not added for your protection) sounds like a real technical masterpiece. I'd rather have Kofi, Rey, and Jericho throwing themselves around/through the EC for my enjoyment and bouncing off Cena. Shoot, I'd love for Bourne to somehow be included just so he could somehow find a way to throw himself off the top of the EC into a cup of water just because it seeme like a good idea at the time. I guess I'm easily distracted by the flip-floppy stuff.

Yeah, UT, Big Show, Triple HHH, and the guy who makes it in the next show (spoilers not added for your protection) sounds like a real technical masterpiece. I'd rather have Kofi, Rey, and Jericho throwing themselves around/through the EC for my enjoyment and bouncing off Cena. Shoot, I'd love for Bourne to somehow be included just so he could somehow find a way to throw himself off the top of the EC into a cup of water just because it seeme like a good idea at the time. I guess I'm easily distracted by the flip-floppy stuff.

Heh, I'll drink to that. Why not an EC match for the ECW title? You know, drag the EXTREME EC out of the mothballs (I know they used the same one).

It could have Jack Swagger, Finlay, Mark Henry, Tommy Dreamer, uh.............who else is on the ECW Roster?

Matt Hardy opens SmackDown with a promo on his actions at Sunday's Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

Tremendous work, Spoilers writer. Might as well have just written the report to say other things like "Undertaker and Mark Henry had a match".

Seriously, what the hell is that shit. Anyone seen anything more detailed than this?

Seriously, what the hell is that shit. Anyone seen anything more detailed than this?

411 is reporting the promo is basically "I am sick of taking care of my brother, the Hardy Boys are no more and Jeff is no longer my brother", just stretched out and with Matt holding "the very same chair" he used at RR.

411 is reporting the promo is basically "I am sick of taking care of my brother, the Hardy Boys are no more and Jeff is no longer my brother", just stretched out and with Matt holding "the very same chair" he used at RR.

We waited the whole day to find out it was a half-assed explanation?

More detalied spoilers from pwinsider-

I also attended the Indianapolis Smackdown taping and wanted to add some more information.

-The dark match saw Kung Fu Naki defeating Zach Ryder.

-There's really not much I can add to the first show. It was an incredibly basic show. The opening promo by Matt was done well. He came to the ring with no music and the "very same" chair he hit Jeff with. He sat down in the middle of the ring and proceeded to cut a solid promo. It wasn't perfect, but it certainly got the point across. I wanted to pull my hair out when the fans started chanting "What?" during this promo. I really hope it isn't as noticeable on TV. Yes he's a heel, but why wouldn't you want to hear his explanation? He mentioned that Jeff wasn't there tonight and of course went into the "I'm sick of taking care of my brother" bit. At the end he said there was no such thing anymore as The Hardy Boys and that Jeff is no longer his brother.

-R-Truth defeating Kendrick was the very similar to their last match on Smackdown. Relatively short with Truth winning with the Axe Kick.

-MVP beat Chavo with the Drive By and then cut a promo leaning towards the face side saying that he wanted his United States title back.

-Umaga seemed to come out without much fanfare and beat Yang in under two minutes.

-Undertaker and Mark Henry was a solid match with Undertaker winning with the chokeslam after failed interference by Tony Atlas.

-Vickie came out and introduced Edge who cut a promo saying that he no one believed him when he said he has nothing to do with the attacks on Matt Hardy and that everyone should stand up and apologize. Edge did this beautifully and then since he was feeling "frisky" he decided, for the benefit of those with flash photography, to bring back the 5-Second pose. Which was Edge and Vickie making out as Edge held up the belt. I really think that right then it cut to commercial and that's when the Big Show made his entrance as Edge just kind of left.

-I don't recall Festus getting much, if any, offense at all against Big Show before Show won with the Knockout Punch.

-Triple H, Khali, and Vladimir was an incredibly formulaic and predictable triple threat match with Triple H getting the pin on Khali after a really bad looking Pedigree.

I love Edge rubbing iit in to those who expected Christian with the "Five-Second Pose". Classic heel.

The spoilers don't say whether or not Matt admitted to being behind the previous attacks. That's what I'm most interested in hearing.

I read another set of spoilers, where Matt doesn't deny it, but says there's no proof linking him to it.

Well, you know that with JR being on SD!, now, and with the SD! EC being "Hossinized", at least someone's gonna "mark out".

(Bah Gawd)

Well, you know that with JR being on SD!, now, and with the SD! EC being "Hossinized", at least someone's gonna "mark out".

(Bah Gawd)

Interesting post, JN News. Please expand with your further views on the wrestling world.