TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

WWE SmackDown - February 6, 2009

Rajah:

Dark Match:

* Kung Fu Naki b. Zack Ryder

SmackDown: (Airing Next Week 02/06)

* The Brian Kendrick, Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder, Chavo Guerrero, Vladimir Kozlov, MVP, Carlito, Primo Colon, Jesse, Shelton Benjamin, The Great Khali, Scotty Goldman, Kung Fu Naki, and R-Truth all compete in a battle royal for a spot in the Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out.

- Vladimir Kozlov to earn a spot in the Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out by eliminating R-Truth in the battle royal.

* Backstage segment with Hurricane Helms. He talks about how wrong Matt Hardy did Jeff at Sunday's Royal Rumble pay-per-view. He says that Matt's has always been a jerk.

Matt Hardy comes out the the ring and calls out Helms. Helms comes out and gets dominated by Hardy.

* Shelton Benjamin comes out to cut a promo. He says that MVP should change his name to "VPM" - Very Peyton Manning because he always blows the big game even when he has all the fans behind him. He receives tons of heat from the live crowd.

* MVP b. Shelton Benjamin in a non-title match.

* The Miz, John Morrison, & The Brian Kendrick b. R-Truth, Primo Colon, & Carlito

* Michelle McCool b. Eve via submission. Typical divas match. After the match, Maria comes in the ring to help Eve.

* Umaga b. Kung Fu Naki

* Triple H & Undertaker b. Edge & Big Show

- Triple H & Undertaker got the win after Big Show turned on Edge.

Wow, that's how they follow up Matt's big heel turn? Seriously?

I'm interested to see how they followed it up for the Jan 30th show, but the currently available spoilers suck. "Matt Hardy cut a promo explaining his actions". Thanks dude.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, he could take a hiatus for a few weeks after the one man he can really trust turned on him. It'll make his comeback that much more when he finally runs down and attacks Matt, I guess.

* The Brian Kendrick, Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder, Chavo Guerrero, Vladimir Kozlov, MVP, Carlito, Primo Colon, Jesse, Shelton Benjamin, The Great Khali, Scotty Goldman, Kung Fu Naki, and R-Truth all compete in a battle royal for a spot in the Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out.

Kizarny couldn't even get a spot in this battle royal - crud.

I don't get why they would put Kozlov in the EC match. He has yet to be pinned so why have his first loss be one of many guys being eliminated from the Chamber?

I don't get why they would put Kozlov in the EC match. He has yet to be pinned so why have his first loss be one of many guys being eliminated from the Chamber?

Clearly that means he's getting the belt. YESSSSSSSSSSS

Because it's going to be something zany like Kozlov trying to headbutt HHH but hitting his head on the glass of a chamber pod.

Kizarny buried himself in his first match. You'll never see him again.

More in depth spoilers from courtesy of pwinsider -

-The guys came out for the battle royal and the show started with Vickie announcing that Jeff's rematch would be in the Elimination Chamber and that the last spot would go to the winner of the battle royal. Khali and Koslov were the only two to get entrances as they made their second appearance in front of the live crowd in under 10 minutes. Off the top of my head I remember the battle royal including Hawkins & Ryder, Carlito and Primo, R-Truth, Kendrick, Kizarny, Scotty Goldman, Shelton, MVP, Kung Fu Naki and the aforementioned Khali and Koslov. Koslov and R-Truth were the last two before Koslov tossed him out. Not much else to say about this one as it was the basic everyone fight for 6-7 minutes and then all the eliminations quick at the end.

-Helms was interviewed backstage about the Hardy situation. He wondered if Matt didn't "just change." Maybe Matt had really been like this all along and now he is showing his true self. He said he was going to go find Matt.

-After commercial Matt walks down to the ring once again with no music. Granted, they could have come back from commercial with Matt in the ring, but the dramatic effect of no music is pretty cool. Matt said that Helms didn't have to go looking for him, he was right here. Helms ran out and they brawled around ringside with Matt pretty much punking him out.

-Shelton came down the ring and cut a short promo on MVP. He said that MVP should change his name to VPM as in Very Peyton Manning. Just like Peyton, MVP is going to choke when it comes down to the big game. Aside from Edge/Vickie and Matt Hardy, this comment may have got the most heat all night as Peyton is God in Indianapolis. The match was solid as it was given some time. MVP won with the Drive By.

-In the back, Primo and Carlito were seen talking. The Bella Twins came up and kissed them on the cheek. Carlito talked them into kissing them on the other cheek as well. Killings came up and made sure they were going to be focused on their match. The three headed towards ringside. Their match against Morrison, Miz, and Kendrick wasn't bad, but it really needed some more time. This match basically just said conveyed that they were going to continue Kendrick-Truth and Miz & Morrison-Colons feud. The match ended when Kendrick hit The Kendrick on Primo.

-Michelle McCool and Eve Torres were seen talking in the back which was followed by a quick match that McCool mostly dominated.

-Kung Fu Naki got slightly more offense on Umaga than Yang did, but nonetheless Umaga won another short squash.

-The main event was pretty much what you'd expect. Solid stuff from all four guys. Towards the end of the match Edge got pissed at Show and shoved him a few times. Show got a little irked and just straight up laid Edge out with the Knockout Punch. Show went back over and stood and watched on the apron as Undertaker proceeded to Tombstone Edge. Big Show left right after the match followed by a long Taker exit. My guess is that the end of the show will be Taker looking back at Triple H who was still in the ring right before Taker did his pose and left.

-The crowd really wasn't as hot as I would have hoped, but I don't know how much of that was due to Matt saying that Jeff wasn't going to be there. Triple H, Undertaker, and R-Truth were the most over by far.

I guess we'll have to tune in to see, but unless the character was dropped it makes sense that Kizarny would be part of the Battle Royal.

Kizarny buried himself in his first match. You'll never see him again.

Kizarny is on the latest episode of the Scotty Goldman show.

Kizarny is on the latest episode of the Scotty Goldman show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz1Iag8kgmA

I'm usually not a fan of the wwe.com shows but this was incredible.

I wonder why more talent doesn't utilize wwe.com to help them get over. I mean there is no time constraints there so I don't think creative would stop you from doing it and it could save your career, or really help you get over. In the very least it would be showing initiative. Kizarny's cameo in Goldman's offering this week did more for his character than his pre-debut vignettes.

Triple H & Undertaker will team together on SmackDown to take on the team of WWE Champion Edge & Big Show. All four Superstars are participants in the WWE Championship Elimination Chamber Match at No Way Out, so allegiances will surely be tested.

And who else will be in the Chamber of Secrets at No Way Out?