TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

Future HOFers on Your Team

Cammalleri's still really small. As seen with most small scorers (like Fleury, for instance), their best years are well before they hit 30. Plus, he isn't a speedster like St. Louis, he's really slow. If he was a faster skater, he'd have better numbers, and yeah, I could see the Hall in his future. He should have a good career though.

FWIW, I think Glenn Anderson is one of those guys who wouldn't be in my Hall of Fame. But within the standards that have been set out by the HHOF, sure, he's in.

Cammalleri's still really small. As seen with most small scorers (like Fleury, for instance), their best years are well before they hit 30. Plus, he isn't a speedster like St. Louis, he's really slow. If he was a faster skater, he'd have better numbers, and yeah, I could see the Hall in his future. He should have a good career though.

Well Fleury should be in the HHOF as well IMO, he has the stats to get in, especially if you add in his international credentials. And the reason why his best years were before he hit 30 was for other various reasons everyone knows about.

Hey alkeiper, since you are the resident baseball nut here, whats your opinion on Larry Walker? Is he a HOF? He has some pretty impressive credentials.

Utley's not exactly young, he just turned 30.

909, not everyone I listed is going to the Hall, or likely to. I just gave thoughts on guys who have a more than miniscule chance. I'm surprised I forgot to mention Jamie Moyer. He'd really need to pitch three more seasons at least though and get up to 290 career wins. That's unlikely.

That's kind of a weird statement anyway. Everybody's best years are before they're 30. Even a guy like Gretzky saw a sharp decline.

Marty St. Louis hit 28 and his career shot into the stratosphere. He isn't a Hall of Famer in my book. The Hall is about a full body of work.

I believe most Hall of Famers (except in football) need to have top level success after hitting 30. If they can't do that, they aren't a Hall of Famer. Doug Gilmour, now that's a Hall of Famer.

909, not everyone I listed is going to the Hall, or likely to.

I know, and that's the case with a few people who others have listed. They know those guys aren't getting in. I was asked to say which ones made me laugh, so I did.

That's kind of a weird statement anyway. Everybody's best years are before they're 30. Even a guy like Gretzky saw a sharp decline.

Jarome Iginla is peaking right now in his 30's... Joe Sakic, Joe Mullen, Nicklas Lidstrom, Chris Chelios have played some of their best years of hockey well in their 30's...

mike vernon was nowhere close to as good as grant fuhr. come on man.

Wrong. Mike Vernon at the height of his career in the early 80's was just as good as Fuhr if not better. Just because Fuhr got more exposure because he played along the likes Gretzky, Kuri, Messier, Tikkanen, Coffey, Kevin Lowe etc, does not him a better talent. Vernon was putting out similar numbers, with an overlooked talented Calgary Flames team. There were agruments of years Vernon could've won the Veznia Trophy in a few of those years.

Too say Vernon was "nowhere close to as good as Grant Fuhr" proves your ignorance on the subject. Go back and brush up on your hockey history, partna...

clearly you are thinking more with your heart (citizen of calgary) than your brain (actually had been born during time). fuhr was the best goalie in the leage in the late 80's. he back stopped the oilers to all of their stanley cups (except 1), won the vezina (vernon never did), and was canada's goalie in the canada cup (87). his career has had more prestige and for great reason. i debunk osgood because he played on a great defensive system team during the nhl's scoring famine years (outside of last year), i promote fuhr because he played great during nhl's scoring boom years. and his team was great because of the offence, not AS MUCH the defence. sure fuhr ended up hitting on hard times after leaving edmonton, but vernon never reached the level of fuhr, and the only reason why he's in the hall is because he won the conn smyth on said defensive powerhouse red wings team.

Regardless of where I from, stats don't lie... Vernon was just as good as Fuhr if not better(Almost every year Vernon had a better GAA) Fuhr got more exposure because he was playing with an Edmonton Oilers team that was star studded and extremely popular. Vernon could've easily won a few Veznias in those years but was overlooked. There are many goalies who won Vezina's that Vernon is a better goalie. Just because he was overlooked, doesn't mean you should discredit his accomplishments. How many Conn Symth trophies does Fuhr have? Excatly my point.

You talk about Osgood benefitting on a great team, no goalie in history benefited from a great team more so then Grant Fuhr.

For the record, I think Grant Fuhr is HOF worthy as well. But if Fuhr is in, so should Mike Vernon.

get off the stats. you weren't even born during this time. and i'm not going to repeat myself. re-read what i said above of why i rank fuhr so high. the guy won 5 stanley cups.

Jarome Iginla is peaking right now in his 30's... Joe Sakic, Joe Mullen, Nicklas Lidstrom, Chris Chelios have played some of their best years of hockey well in their 30's...

iginla is peaking? well, maybe, i guess.

get off the stats. you weren't even born during this time. and i'm not going to repeat myself. re-read what i said above of why i rank fuhr so high. the guy won 5 stanley cups.

He wont 5 stanley cups on problay the most stacked team of all time, as said before. Maybe you should re-read what I said. Chris Osgood could win 5 stanley cups with that team.

That's okay. Gretzky also put up seasons of more than 90 points five more times. He scored 40 playoff points, carrying the Kings to the Stanley Cup Finals. In the 93-94 season he scored 130 points.

Looks like top-level to me.

Funny you edited your post after looking like an idiot as always.

Iginla is playing his best hockey, even proving how much of a team captain and leader he is by turning into a set-up man for Camalleri and racking up on assists.

That's okay. Gretzky also put up seasons of more than 90 points five more times. He scored 40 playoff points, carrying the Kings to the Stanley Cup Finals. In the 93-94 season he scored 130 points.

Looks like top-level to me.

You're completely missing the point. He had a decline accross the board after turning 30. Just because he numbers were still good doesn't mean that they were on par with what "top-level" for him was.

I didn't say anything about a decline. I said players should have top-level success after 30 to get in the Hall of Fame. Not Gretzky top-level, but top of the NHL type success. If a player has career ending injury problems, their seasons prior to hitting 30 had better be ridiculously strong. Like Pat LaFontaine. Gretzky clearly had top-level success after that point. Half of his 163 point season in LA was as a 30 year old.

I also don't see how I could be missing the point when I brought up the post-30 point in the first place. It's kind of my point.

Funny you edited your post after looking like an idiot as always.

Iginla is playing his best hockey, even proving how much of a team captain and leader he is by turning into a set-up man for Camalleri and racking up on assists.

well, iginla is having a good year but i don't think it'll get any better than the past couple of years. i didnt think it was worth arguing. but peaking is debatable.

and osgood couldn't have won 5 cups with the oilers. different era. different level of hockey. again, his success has come during a downturn in scoring. hockey became more defensive based than offensive. but for some reason, i don't think you'll understand that concept.

well, iginla is having a good year but i don't think it'll get any better than the past couple of years. i didnt think it was worth arguing. but peaking is debatable.

You're a moron, regardless of how good of a year he had this year, last year he's had his best season stat-wise and finished 3rd in total points, and had his 2nd 50 goal season of his career. This year he's on pace to likely break his point total, even though he isn't likely get a 50 goal season, he will problay double his assist total from last year.

It isn't worth arguing because once again you have no idea what you're talking about. I've been watching Jarome Iginla since he 1st entered the NHL, pretty much mostly every game he's played, I know a lot more on this subject then you would have any idea. You're talking out of your ass like always.

and osgood couldn't have won 5 cups with the oilers. different era. different level of hockey. again, his success has come during a downturn in scoring. hockey became more defensive based than offensive. but for some reason, i don't think you'll understand that concept.

Yes he could've. It really didn't matter who was the goalie for that team, when you have the most offenisvely stacked team of all time, aslong as with overlooked defenders who didn't get the spotlight as much like Steve Smith and Kevin Lowe.

Grant Fuhr proved he benefited from a great Oilers team when he left them and had win/loss averages that were well below. He was a very good goalie who benefited from a great team, more so then Chris Osgood and Mike Vernon did. Regardless of what I think of his talents, he is still a HOF player because he did contributed on those teams, but like I said any very good goalie could've done the same.