TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FroGG_NeaL

X-MEN Cartoon on DVD, finally

No doubt, man. I'm hoping the 90's Spider-Man will get released as sets next, instead of the single dvds with 3 or so episodes.

And Disney is the one releasing it, so I'm pretty sure it'll have some good extras.

I have it on DVD already, but it's like... YouTube rips or something. Some episodes have amazing quality, and some don't. This, obviously, will be much better.

So, what would you guys list as your favorite episodes or story arcs from the series?

My favorites in no particular order:

Nightcrawler - Wolverine, Gambit, and Rogue are on a skiing vacation in the mountains. Gambit gets hurt, and they are taken-in by a monastery. Nightcrawler is one of the monks. The surrounding townspeople are afraid of Nightcrawler, and think he is a demon (they don't know of mutants). One of the monks feels the same way. Long story short, the monastery is burned by the scared townspeople, but they learn to no-longer fear Nightcrawler, after he saves the monk who betrayed him from falling to his death. He tells the monk "It is not for me to judge you, but what will God think of what you have done?". In the end, Nightcrawler introduces Wolverine to religion, and Wolverine finally finds a little peace in his life. A very emotional episode, and probably one of the best of the series.

Dark Phoenix (4 Parts) - The stuff with the Hellfire club was very well done, and pretty accurate to the comics. It even went as far as to recreate the scene where Wolverine is left for dead in the sewers, only to emerge at the end with his classic, chill-inducing line, "You've taken yer best shot. Now it's my turn!". Rather than kill herself with an underground cannon, a Shi'ar battleship fires a giant blast at Phoenix, destroying her body. However, differently from how things went in the comics, the Phoenix entity restores Jean's body.

One Man's Worth (2 Parts) - Basically the Animated Series' version of "Age of Apocalypse", but without Apocalypse. Wolverine and Storm are married in this alternate timeline. One of the first interracial couples I remember seeing on Saturday morning cartoons.

Beyond Good and Evil (4 Parts) - Basically anything involving Apocalypse in this series was a lot of fun. The voice actor managed to nail the perfect-sounding voice for him, and he always spoke with a self-righteous tone. Apocalypse is presumably permanently disposed-of at the end, except for a momentary return close to the end of the series in "The Fifth Horseman".

Morph- from the time he was killed early on by the Sentinels, to his evil return, and later his recovery/triumphant return, I always enjoyed Morph.

Awesome news and count me in as well on hoping we get Spiderman a proper dvd release.

Morph- from the time he was killed early on by the Sentinels, to his evil return, and later his recovery/triumphant return, I always enjoyed Morph.

I always :wub: ed Morph:

And the X-Men theme is amazing. :D

Doo-da-doo-da-doo-da-do

Doo-da-doo-da-doooo-da-do

Doo-da-doo-da-doooo-da-do... DOO DOO!

This theme always gets stuck in my head. I haven't actually seen the show in years but the song still pops up in my crazy mind all the time. :lol:

I remember seeing that intro when the show ended up in syndication on the WB very early in the morning a long time ago and being very confused.

Beyond Good and Evil (4 Parts) - Basically anything involving Apocalypse in this series was a lot of fun. The voice actor managed to nail the perfect-sounding voice for him, and he always spoke with a self-righteous tone. Apocalypse is presumably permanently disposed-of at the end, except for a momentary return close to the end of the series in "The Fifth Horseman".

If this is the story where Apocalypse is time traveling and teaming with all the major villains like Magneto, Sinister, etc., then yes, this was awesome. I agree that generally any episode involving Apocalypse was awesome.

I really liked the season one finale that involved the Sentinels kidnapping Senator Kelly, and the X-Men going into the compound to rescue him. Magneto also showed up to save Professor X, too. Good stuff.

You really can't have a thread involving the old show without that being posted.

"I am Magneto, and I have the power... to call forth robotic dogs! Yeah, that's it!"

You really can't have a thread involving the old show without that being posted.

"I am Magneto, and I have the power... to call forth robotic dogs! Yeah, that's it!"

I think those are supposed to be the Brood. However, why Magneto would be able to blast the ground, and cause the Brood to rise up, is another question for another day. Nice intro though. I dont think I've ever seen it before.

I think those are supposed to be the Brood. However, why Magneto would be able to blast the ground, and cause the Brood to rise up, is another question for another day. Nice intro though. I dont think I've ever seen it before.

They are? Wow, didn't look like that to me. The second one has the Phalanx, as well as an appearance from Spiral.

Definitely agree on all the Apocalypse love here. His storylines in the cartoon were always the most compelling and epic, with Beyond Good and Evil being probably the high point of the series. The voice actor was absolutely perfectly cast, and his lines were so awesomely pretentious and self-important.

"I am the shores of eternity, crash upon me and be broken!"