TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TMC1982

What Killed "SNICK" for You?

When did "SNICK" on Nickelodeon start to decline?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. When did "SNICK" on Nickelodeon start to decline?

• The big orange couch is retired
    • The SNICK House is born
    • The "Elevator Music" era
    • The "On Air Dare" segments
    • Poor quality of shows
    • Nick stops following the basic scheduling formula
    • Celebrity guest hosts like the Spice Girls
    • You grew up
    • Other

I liked Are You Afraid of the Dark, with a few episodes legitimately freaking me out back then (usually the ones about clowns, of course), but there were some really awful episodes... the one about the locker that sends you back to the 60's so you can save the hippie girl from the chemistry lab exploding immediately comes to mind.

I grew up and all the shows I liked were canceled and replaced with shows that weren't as good.

And Roundhouse was awesome, fuck the haters.

'Round and Round and Round...'

Yeah Roundhouse ruled

I always preferred Make the Grade as far as Nick Game Shows go

And if Legends of the Hidden Temple was cool, it was nothing compared to Funhouse on Fox, I always wanted to go onj that...I still do.

I remember being really glad that Pete & Pete not only acknowledged that high school wrestling had different weight classes, but made it a major plot point. All the other instances of wrestling teams had the skinny little main character up against the giant guy from the opposing high school.

The coolest/most random thing about Pete & Pete was Iggy Pop playing Ellen's father. I didn't realize this when I was younger when my older brother said "holy shit, it's Iggy Pop from The Stooges!".

The coolest/most random thing about Pete & Pete was Iggy Pop playing Ellen's father. I didn't realize this when I was younger when my older brother said "holy shit, it's Iggy Pop from The Stooges!".

I thought Steve Buscemi was Ellen's dad

Pete and Pete should have been on SNICK, and if it was it should have been on more often.

That + My So-Called Life = most nostalgic memories of childhood TV.

Pete and Pete should have been on SNICK, and if it was it should have been on more often.

I've been plowing through the entire MSCL series for the past week or so. I'm such a fag.

Woah, what a brutal idea for a game show. I'd have to say that's worse than anything that Video & Arcade Top 10 (YTV) ever did.

The best part of that show was the stream of hotties that came and went as news or "game action" hostesses. Somehow Nicholas Piccolis remained for all 42 years of the show's existence though.

I've been plowing through the entire MSCL series for the past week or so. I'm such a fag.

I watched the series when it first aired. I was 19.

Woah, what a brutal idea for a game show. I'd have to say that's worse than anything that Video & Arcade Top 10 (YTV) ever did.

The best part of that show was the stream of hotties that came and went as news or "game action" hostesses. Somehow Nicholas Piccolis remained for all 42 years of the show's existence though.

So true. It's interesting to see how many of those chicks went on to be actual news or "station" personalities.

Most of it was probably me getting older. Specifically though, it was SNICK House that killed it for me.

The best episode is the one with the cool teacher, Victor Racine, who turns out to be a deadbeat dad using a fake name who tells Angela to drop out of school. The worst was the Christmas episode with Juliana Hatfield.