Sat, Feb. 7

LA Clippers @ Atlanta, 7:00

Miami @ Philadelphia, 7:00

Denver @ New Jersey, 7:30 NBATV

Toronto @ Memphis, 8:00

Chicago @ Dallas, 8:30

Minnesota @ Houston, 8:30

Detroit @ Milwaukee, 8:30

I brought up this topic before, but a recent SI article (as well as other stories from a month or two ago) speculates that LeBron may be as big as 6'9", 274. I'm not sure if I'm buying 274, but if he's that big, that's insane. He'd basically be a DE with WR speed that happens to have PG/SG abilities.

According to this thread I found:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=876782

The first player from the coveted class of 2010 to tell their current team they ain't signing is.............................

CHRIS BOSH.

Get ready for the speculation to begin.

If Cleveland were even remotely in a position to get the cap space in 2010 I would actually put a guarentee on LeBron re-signing and bringing Bosh in to replace Z. Don't think it's feasible for them though.

There's the potential of both of them going to somewhere like the Knicks as well, but lets hope nothing shady like that happens. Ugh.

One interesting option would be the Nets. Even though they aren't moving to Brooklyn thus eliminating the LeBron potential, they might be able to lure Bosh with the prospect of Devin Harris, Brook Lopez and Chris Bosh being a force to be reckoned with. Lopez would give allow Bosh to play his mid-range style of game perfectly and cover up some of his defensive matchup problems when he has to play the 5.

Don't think it's true at the moment. I imagine he's unhappy with the moves they've made this year, but they still have 2009 to convince him to stay. Really need some defensive players there. A defensive minded 5 and 3 are really what you need to compliment Bosh.

The Cavs won't have the cap room, but they could maybe facilitate a sign and trade for Bosh or someone else. They could also use their expiring contracts this season or next to grab a quality player that someone might look to dump before the '10 offseason. All things considered, I don't think there's much of a chance that Lebron leaves Cleveland. He has too much of a good thing going there, especially if they win the title this year or next.

Bynum is out for 8-12 weeks with a torn MCL. In other words, for the rest of the season.

The difference between this year and last is that Ariza is healthy. I still think we will win it all.

Bynum is out for 8-12 weeks with a torn MCL. In other words, for the rest of the season.

The difference between this year and last is that Ariza is healthy. I still think we will win it all.

Could he be back for the postseason, or is he going to be shut down until next season?

I think he'll be back. This injury is easier to treat. I think the 8-12 week period is a conservative one...most MCL tears I've seen in sports don't take nearly that long to recover from. They just don't want to disappoint us Laker fans after last season's mess.

The Cavs won't have the cap room, but they could maybe facilitate a sign and trade for Bosh or someone else. They could also use their expiring contracts this season or next to grab a quality player that someone might look to dump before the '10 offseason. All things considered, I don't think there's much of a chance that Lebron leaves Cleveland. He has too much of a good thing going there, especially if they win the title this year or next.

The Question though is do the Bosh/Wades of the world want to play in Cleveland? I am talking about playing in Cleveland itself nothing to do with playing with James which would be a given. It looks like right now that the top two destinations for free agency is going to be Miami and NYC in 2010.

And I forgot to edit my fantasy lineup to put Kobe in. Fun game to watch so far.

Bynum being out won't be the death knell that some are predicting. Look how far the Lakers went without him last year. And he will be back in time for the playoffs.

And I forgot to edit my fantasy lineup to put Kobe in. Fun game to watch so far.

Bynum being out won't be the death knell that some are predicting. Look how far the Lakers went without him last year. And he will be back in time for the playoffs.

That is a big if and who knows what condition he comes back in if he does at all. How can you forget to put Kobe in your lineup? The Knicks do not play D and he already has 44 points the last time I checked in the 3rd quarter.

Meanwhile, the Kings trail the Suns by 48 points at the end of three. They were outscored 40-19 in the first, and 30-12 in the third.

The Kings need to forfeit the remainder of the season.

That team is entirely inept in ever facet of the game.

That is a big if and who knows what condition he comes back in if he does at all. How can you forget to put Kobe in your lineup? The Knicks do not play D and he already has 44 points the last time I checked in the 3rd quarter.

I forgto to edit my lineups at all for any of my 4 fantasy etams (basketball and hockey).

I think it ends up being Mo Williams. Stern makes the injury replacement decisions.

The only All-Star selection I really didn't understand was why Rashad Lewis over Hedo. Hedo is far more important to that team, and a more complete player.

But more important than anything else: http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=265673&amp...=headlines_main

Who ends up in the Horse competition? This is need to know stuff!

So Bill Simmons finally got his wish?

Hah. There's some things he's pretty annoying about, but he knows basketball and always has good thoughts on the NBA.

This seems like it's just a trial before the main stuff and if it's popular they might incorporate it? Maybe they're also worried about the time too.

I'm glad that they added a no dunking rule. That was always a point of contention in horse competitions back when I was in high school. It was quite unfair for a guy who could dunk to sucker a non-dunker into competition. But then again, these are NBA guys, so that probably wouldn't come into play.

I'm glad that they added a no dunking rule. That was always a point of contention in horse competitions back when I was in high school. It was quite unfair for a guy who could dunk to sucker a non-dunker into competition. But then again, these are NBA guys, so that probably wouldn't come into play.

Yea but there's still differences between the -types- of dunks certain players can do. I wonder if someone really athletic in the competition will use a crazy stunt 360 'layup' though.