TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2009

Matt Hardy's and RVD's haircuts - what's up with that? They have long hair everywhere except at the sides of their head from their ears forward that always cut short. Is that the neo-mullet? Did they cut it once by accident (maybe trimming their sideburns up too high) and now can't let it grow in because of the "in between" stage

RVDfade.jpg

TheHardyFade.jpg

RVD's hair has always been like that. Matt's been doing it since 2001, so he probably got the idea from RVD when he came in.

I've always wanted to see what RVD's hair would look like when it's down and not in the ponytail.

I've always wanted to see what RVD's hair would look like when it's down and not in the ponytail.

I know there was one PPV where it actually happened, but I can't remember for the life of me. I want to say it was toward the early part of his WWE run, but I might be wrong. It did look really weird, though.

I know there was one PPV where it actually happened, but I can't remember for the life of me. I want to say it was toward the early part of his WWE run, but I might be wrong. It did look really weird, though.

I remember that happening too, but I can't for the life of me remember which PPV it was. It just looked.......weird. Since I was so used to seeing him always with the ponytail thing. It's like Triple H's run from the Summer of 2002 until Spring 2004 where he dropped the beard. It just looked odd.

There was one time in the old ECW where it was Sandman against Sabu and RVD came to the ring disguied as Sabu so the real Sabu could ambush Sandman from behind. I think that was the only time I ever saw RVD with his hair fully down.

The closest he's gotten to it in WWE was the IC title match from 2002 against Benoit where Benoit won the belt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPmqt7UZQvA...feature=related

Oh, now one of the guys they're interviewing is named Glenn Jacobs!

I think that guy could do something in the wrestling business if he sticks with it. Here's hoping we hear more about him in the future.

There was one time in the old ECW where it was Sandman against Sabu and RVD came to the ring disguied as Sabu so the real Sabu could ambush Sandman from behind. I think that was the only time I ever saw RVD with his hair fully down.

That was the pre-taped Dueling Canes match that aired at Living Dangerously 1998.

How so? Both Elimination chambers are for the titles.

Well, yeah, but I think the best way to do it if they are going to continue with two EC matches from now on is have one for the WM title shot for the brand that did not win the Royal Rumble and have the other one for the opposite brand's title.

Mike Knox has been added to the Raw brand Elimination Chamber, per house show qualifier.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/nowayout/exclusives/9265678

Interesting add. But I guess they can use the EC to put over some fresh faces when Cena winning is a foregone conclusion. Knox outlasted Shad, JTG, Dolph Ziggler, Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes in a six-man battle royal to secure his spot in the EC - quite the line-up.

They probably needed Knox as a base for Kofi and Mysterio during the match.

I'd expect another heel added to even up the sides, Orton maybe. I wonder if we'll see Knox and Jericho vs Kingston and Mysterio this week on Raw.

Oh, now one of the guys they're interviewing is named Glenn Jacobs!

I think that guy could do something in the wrestling business if he sticks with it. Here's hoping we hear more about him in the future.

Bullcrap, this guy will flame out.