TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2009

Hero's style wouldn't work well in the E. He's more of a protracted storytelling guy, but then again that was the perception of Punk too, so he might work, but I doubt they let him use his million cravats. And I don't see him pillaging NOAH for neat moves that most of the E's audience hasn't seen like Punk did either.

The more surprising thing to me is that they haven't taken a look at Claudio.

They did look at Claudio. It is why he cut his hair. They even offered him a development deal, but something happened with his work visa.

I thought it was because he's balding by the looks of it.

They did look at Claudio. It is why he cut his hair. They even offered him a development deal, but something happened with his work visa.

Yeah, he cut his after well after he got denied to go to WWE.

Yeah, he cut his after well after he got denied to go to WWE.

I thought Steph asked him to get a haircut. My mistake.

Wait, Vince says his father had great respect for Inoki, yet he never says he does as well. Hmmm?

Having not ever seen one of his matches, but just seeing his stats, why isn't Chris Hero employed by WWE or TNA?

Chris Hero, IMO is like Steve Corino, he is WAY better off in a bigger indy fed or as a mainstay gaijin in Japan. WWE wouldn't know what to do with someone like him and he'd be released quickly after finding out that creative has "nothing for him."

Having not ever seen one of his matches, but just seeing his stats, why isn't Chris Hero employed by WWE or TNA?

Chris Hero, IMO is like Steve Corino, he is WAY better off in a bigger indy fed or as a mainstay gaijin in Japan. WWE wouldn't know what to do with someone like him and he'd be released quickly after finding out that creative has "nothing for him."

I always thought Steve Corino would make for a perfect heel manger in the WWE.

Hero's style wouldn't work well in the E. He's more of a protracted storytelling guy, but then again that was the perception of Punk too, so he might work, but I doubt they let him use his million cravats. And I don't see him pillaging NOAH for neat moves that most of the E's audience hasn't seen like Punk did either.

The more surprising thing to me is that they haven't taken a look at Claudio.

I like your sig.

Something I just noticed tonight.

WWE currently has 17 women on the roster trained to compete regularly (so that excludes Stephanie, Linda, Vickie Guerrero, Lillian Garcia and...Teddy Long's GM assistant girl for now). That's almost as big as the entire ECW roster.

I have to wonder...if WWE managed to get the time, could they feasibly make an all Divas show?

Wasn't the original idea in 1999 to make SmackDown an all Divas show headlined by Chyna?

I do recall there being talk about that but I believe that Sable was slotted to be the focal point. I could be wrong though.

Wasn't the original idea in 1999 to make SmackDown an all Divas show headlined by Chyna?

I do recall there being talk about that but I believe that Sable was slotted to be the focal point. I could be wrong though.

I almost added Sable to the equation but I couldn't recall the timeline of her release. So I think you're right.

Something I just noticed tonight.

WWE currently has 17 women on the roster trained to compete regularly (so that excludes Stephanie, Linda, Vickie Guerrero, Lillian Garcia and...Teddy Long's GM assistant girl for now). That's almost as big as the entire ECW roster.

I have to wonder...if WWE managed to get the time, could they feasibly make an all Divas show?

I appreciate a good women's match, but I don't think I'd watch an all-diva's show. Teddy Long's GM assistant girl aka Tiffany is trained to wrestle.

Happening pretty early this year, but its always a fun show and the shows after are usually fresh for a few weeks. I wouldn't mind Christian staying on ECW for a little bit longer but I'd expect him to go somewhere else during the draft.

I almost added Sable to the equation but I couldn't recall the timeline of her release. So I think you're right.

I remember there being talk of a 30-minute all-women syndicated show. Those plans may have changed due to UPN coming along begging for a two-hour primetime show but I don't know if you could call the planned Divas show the original plan for Smackdown.