TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2009

A member of Graham Cawthon's message board is saying that WWE.com had reported that John Cena has been suspended for 30 days. He said that he saw the report on the WWE website. However, I've checked WWE.com, and it's nowhere on there. Now, that news might've been put up on the WWE website, but taken down for some reason. I'm trying to find out if there's any truth to this current WWE rumor of Cena being suspended, right now. The only way to find out if this rumor is true is if WWE.com puts it back up, or not. If they don't put it back up on WWE.com, and if Cena continues onward to Wrestlemania, this year, then maybe he's not getting suspended, and the webmasters of WWE.com might've made a mistake. If he is getting suspended for 30 days, then he might've violated the wellness policy, which might explain Cena losing the gold to Edge, tonight.

Well, I saw a 'report' on 411 that Punk was going to be suspended for 30 days. That claimed to be on WO.com but was not there nor on any other wrestling reporting site. This was among posts like 'WWE has purchased ROH' and 'Warrior signs with WWE'. So take this with a grain of salt.

If they DID suspend Cena the for the month leading up to Mania, everyone would have to shut the fuck up from now on about the wellness policy not effecting the main eventers, and the WWE only implementing it when it suits them.

That said, HA! I doubt it.

Okay, I give up... I need some help/feedback here: I'm almost thirty-four, male, straight, I like Cena, and I don't like Edge. What is it that I'm just not getting?

I ask this because the last two or so pages of the NWO thread gave me a headache, and I'm tired of not grokking why most everybody here seems to feel that Edge is the best thing going in pro wrestling today. I mean... what the hell?

Why? I mean, I was a teenager for the majority of Hogan's run in WWE, and I didn't like Hulk Hogan in particular (mostly because he was a "face" who got cheered for heelish behavior) but, aside from that, I've pretty much always preferred faces over heels.

Edge can win or lose any match he's in, in any manner whatsoever. Cena only loses when it's easily predicted that he'll do so, and it always takes a superhuman/group effort to get the job done.

Well, if Cena HAS been suspended for a Wellness Policy violation, then I find this HILARIOUS.

Baseball Players Who Use Steroids Should go to Jail - Rajah.com

Source: SeattlePI.NWSource.com

Former World Heavyweight Champion John Cena was interviewed before last night's No Way Out Pay-Per-View by Jim Moore of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. You can read the entire article here. Some highlights:

-- Ten years ago this summer, Cena was folding towels and cleaning toilets at Gold's Gym in Venice Beach, California, while living out of his car.

-- Sorry ladies - Cena is engaged and says, "I'm gonna get married this year."

-- Cena wants to be a role model and says it means a lot to him when parents say their kids look up to him. "I don't know when it happened, but nowadays it seems like nobody cares," Cena said. "Our main figures are collapsing around us. People don't seem to know that other people are watching them."

-- What happened with Alex Rodriguez and the steroids revelations sickened him. He thinks if everyone really wants to get serious about cleaning up the game, "they should send the guys to jail." As for steroids, Cena understands why his incredible physique may draw some steroid speculation. "I'm not only a guy who will say I'm clean, but I'll beat my chest to the world that I'm clean," he said. "I have very, very strong opinions on that."

-- With his movie career taking off, Cena seems to like the idea that he could be the next Arnold Schwarzenegger or Sylvester Stallone action star. "That's a giant void in cinema," Cena said. "Everywhere I go, the question is always: 'Who's the next guy?' I think I'm damn near the closest thing to come around the pike."

I'm not jumping to conclusions that it could have been roids that he failed a test for. It could have been painkillers for all anyone knows, since the guy pushes the holy hell out of himself, and doesn't know when to stop. If he's even suspended at all, it would just be kind of ironic if it ended up being because of roids. Guess we'll find out more as the day goes.

It's interesting that he can now admit he's engaged. Last I heard WWE were forcing him to deny it. I think they were worried about all his female fans.

I seriously doubt Cena's been suspended. I'll admit the booking in the elimination chamber was a bit odd, but this story would be EVERYWHERE if he was.

I really don't think Cena does steroids, but I can't say he doesn't do anything else that might get him suspended for 30 days.

I really don't think Cena does steroids, but I can't say he doesn't do anything else that might get him suspended for 30 days.

I remember Ric Flair bragging about how when he first met John, John didn't drink or party very much at all. But since Flair thinks the top guy has to be able to stay up all night at the bar, Flair really encouraged and pressured him into partying more and eventually he did. Flair said he also did the same with Regal and HBK, both of whom had been struggling for years to keep clean.

Of course, in his mind it probably doesn't seem as creepy as it does to everyone else.

Yeah I don't think it's very good at all to pressure guys trying to stay sober into doing the opposite.

Why? I mean, I was a teenager for the majority of Hogan's run in WWE, and I didn't like Hulk Hogan in particular (mostly because he was a "face" who got cheered for heelish behavior) but, aside from that, I've pretty much always preferred faces over heels.

It's just the way of the world and all that jazz. Heels not only control matches (for the most part) but they seemingly have more opportunities to get their character over. Eddie Guerrero is a good example. He would spend matches building up to a new way to cheat to win and, in getting his character over with facial expressions and interviews, developed (or kept, in the case of his failed heel turn on Tajiri that time) a fan base.

I take nothing away from Guerrero as a worker but, aside from appreciating his ring work, I was never an "Eddy mark," to speak of. I can't think of any feud, off the top of my head, where I was rooting for a heel Guerrero over the other guy. And, with the exception of whichever heel was feuding against Hogan, I can't think of any other feud where I did, either.

It's obvious now that the Cena rumor was bullshit, but the dude came back from a major injury in just 4 months. He might not be on steroids, but I'll bet he's done plenty of HGH to speed up the healing process.

And I also think Edge sucks big time. For some reason I still have trouble accepting him as a main eventer.

It's obvious now that the Cena rumor was bullshit, but the dude came back from a major injury in just 4 months. He might not be on steroids, but I'll bet he's done plenty of HGH to speed up the healing process.

And I also think Edge sucks big time. For some reason I still have trouble accepting him as a main eventer.

Crazy talk!

He just needs to lose The Spear and get a better finisher.

Totally. What's wrong with the downward spiral?

Totally. What's wrong with the downward spiral?

It's the midcard finisher that is used in WWE. Steiner and Mr. Kennedy used it recently.

Edge would be the type of guy who could get a simple move like the ddt over again. He's got his weak spear over, so anything would work for him. He could probably even get that weird leg lock he was doing for awhile over.

Not sure if this warrants a thread as we're only a few hours from it..

ECW Spoilers for tonight

Paul Burchill b Boogeyman with a roll-up

John Morrison b Tommy Dreamer

Tyson Kidd won a squash match

Fit Finlay & Christian b Jack Swagger & Mark Henry when Christian pinned Swagger again.

They announced Swagger vs. Christian for the title next week

So I was traveling from Spokane back to Raleigh today, I go to the airport at 6 and there are about 15 WWE guys milling about. When I get on my plane to Minneapolis I sit next to (almost 100% sure) Evan Borne, CM Punk a little behind us, Hornswaggle in first class. I am in row six, window seat, Bourne in the aisle, middle empty. The plane is almost full and I am hoping for the seat to stay empty and I look up and lumbering down the aisle is Mark F'n Henry. And I spend 20 terrorized seconds thinking no way I am I sitting next to that behemoth for 2 and a half hours. He sits in the last seat in first class, crises averted.

I thought only main eventers were allowed to sit in first class? Hornswaggle and Henry aren't exactly competing for the world title right now.

I was thinking the same thing. Referee Billy Silverman left the company because everyone harassed him for upgrading his tickets to first class, which he did in WCW all the time and no one gave a shit. I guess times have changed and they don't care anymore.

They have a policy where former world champions get first class tickets paid for, but I'm not sure ECW counts in that category. They probably just don't care anymore if you use your own money to upgrade your tickets.