TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2009

I thought I read a story a few days ago where Cena pushed for the company to provided first class for anyone who wanted it, not just the established guys/former champs

Did you talk to Bourne?

No. He had a hoodie pulled up over his head and didn't look like he wanted to chat, and to be fair, I don't like chatting it up with people on airplanes either.

I haven't seen David Otunga wrestle yet, but apparently he has a lawyer gimmick, including a finisher called "The Closing Argmuent."

Awesome. As far as I know, no one has ever done a lawyer gimmick, which seems to be an easy way to get over as a heel.

source

He's a graduate of Harvard Law, right?

edit - I should have clicked on the link

Hopefully Jeremy McDevitt helps him with his promos. That guy's vicious.

If his in-ring success follows McDevitt's in the courtroom that guy will probably end up doing more jobs than Tommy Dreamer.

Does McDevitt have a bad track record outside of the work that he does for Vince and WWE?

In all fairness, Vince/WWF violated the terms and conditions that were agreed upon. I don't think that there was much that any attorney could have done.

Whatcha gunna do when Polarmania runs wild on your branding, brother!!!!

FFA

Hopefully Jeremy McDevitt helps him with his promos. That guy's vicious.

If his in-ring success follows McDevitt's in the courtroom that guy will probably end up doing more jobs than Tommy Dreamer.

Yet in this article McDevitt prides himself on never losing a case.

TheBleacherReport.com claims that Vince McMahon was so furious over the Christian chants at the Royal Rumble and Matt Hardy's heel turn leaking to the Internet before the show, it made him paranoid about Edge's involvement in the World Title match leaking to the Internet at No Way Out. So he had the chamber covered with a gigantic tarp when both matches were being laid out in the ring so no one would know he was in the Raw match.

TheBleacherReport.com claims that Vince McMahon was so furious over the Christian chants at the Royal Rumble and Matt Hardy's heel turn leaking to the Internet before the show, it made him paranoid about Edge's involvement in the World Title match leaking to the Internet at No Way Out. So he had the chamber covered with a gigantic tarp when both matches were being laid out in the ring so no one would know he was in the Raw match.

Oh darn, fans were eagerly anticipating the return of newly re-signed superstar.

It's hard to keep a secret that Christian was coming to the WWE when the other national promotion with its almost 2 million viewers saw WWE get free advertising that Christian was leaving to go back to them.

Vince was upset that people knew that Christian was going to be the one who was attacking Jeff Hardy, not because the fans knew he re-signed.

.....No!.....I was..........I was correcting him. Yeah that's the ticket.

Yes, you know a thread like "Hey So and So, your such and such antics annoy me! Please perish in the oxidation of a combustible material releasing heat, light, and various reaction products such as carbon dioxide and water!".

Well I know it's not cool to say "Vince McMahon has a point", but... Vince McMahon has a point.

It must be ridiculously annoying to keep planning storylines out to try and placate the people who say "WWE's so predictable now, I wish they'd do something interesting", only to have those storylines leaked to the very people who say they want to be surprised. Edge's title win was that much better for it not being leaked by Meltzer on the day of the PPV and read by everyone, I don't think that's really an arguement. If they had Christian as the attacker without it being leaked (or without people putting two and two together once he'd re-signed), it would have been great. Once everybody was expecting it, not so much.

Surely we shouldn't be criticising WWE for wanting to surprise us?

There have been a lot of surprises over the last year that weren't spoiled, moreso than anytime recently that I can remember since I've been reading online wrestling sites. Jericho winning the Title vs Batista in the Cage on RAW is the biggest but Cena in the RR last year was also big. Heck, Christian showing up on ECW was pretty big as well..