TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2009

There have been a lot of surprises over the last year that weren't spoiled, moreso than anytime recently that I can remember since I've been reading online wrestling sites. Jericho winning the Title vs Batista in the Cage on RAW is the biggest but Cena in the RR last year was also big. Heck, Christian showing up on ECW was pretty big as well..

What about CM Punk cashing in MiTB?

I don't know if this was posted anywhere, but goodbye Scotty Goldman:

WWE.com has announced that Smackdown star Scotty Goldman has been released:

World Wrestling

Entertainment has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Scotty Goldman (Scott Colton) as of February 20, 2009. WWE wishes Scott the best in all future endeavors.

I found this on lordsofpain.net

He was always one of the more impressive guys in terms of overall package when I went to see ROH live or watched their dvds. I didn't really see any of his WWE stuff, but from what I've gathered he was just an enhancement talent on Smackdown. Maybe TNA will give him a try, or maybe he'll go back to ROH.

Kizarny has lasted longer than I ever would have guessed. I'm not that surprised about "Scotty Goldman" either. And his WWE.com show was really shitty, and about as funny as a tumor.

Kizarny has lasted longer than I ever would have guessed. I'm not that surprised about "Scotty Goldman" either. And his WWE.com show was really shitty, and about as funny as a tumor.

Scotty's wwe.com show was hit or miss - but then again so is the Dirt Sheet. I don't think the writers "got" Colt Cabana. I know they didn't think he looked the part (I guess he needed big hair or a lot of tattoos or something), but his comedic style in the ring is just something you don't see in the wwe. I think he needs a straight man to play off of to make his schtick work.

I'm still holding out hope for Kizarny - his cameo on Scotty's web show a couple of weeks ago and in the backstage segment with Vickie tonight has me hoping the writers are seeing something/anything in him. He's different, and that should be enough to get him an extended look. I think SD! is the worst of the three brands for him, because on ECW he's get ring/camera time to sink or swim with and on Raw, I think their writers would "get" him. I'd love to see him paired up with Vickie somehow. He could be her weirdo lackey or something - he's always trying to please her and fit in with Edge and she (and Edge) takes advantage of that to use him to do their bidding.

Freddie Prinze Jr is no longer a member of the creative team. I bet Buffy is pissed to have him back at home since she isn't really doing anything either.

Where is this from, by the by? WON mentioned that he "hasn't been around" and his name doesn't come up, but more towards the "he's there and can contribute, but his interest in marking out for being on the writing team is over".

He's probably disheartened that most of his ideas get laughed off and that his interests (Kendrick, Colons, Goldman) end up fucking over their push, can't get any decent time to get over their characters, or get released.

Freddie Prinze Jr is no longer a member of the creative team. I bet Buffy is pissed to have him back at home since she isn't really doing anything either.

Where is this from, by the by? WON mentioned that he "hasn't been around" and his name doesn't come up, but more towards the "he's there and can contribute, but his interest in marking out for being on the writing team is over".

I heard about it from a friend and I just saw this tidbit on another site.

PWInsider.com is reporting that actor Freddie Prinze Jr has indeed left WWE's creative team. We reported a few days ago that there had been little to no use of Prinze's creative input on Smackdown within the last several months, and sources have now confirmed that he has left the company. Although Prinze had not been to a Smackdown taping in nearly two months, it should be noted that he was very well liked by the wrestlers as well as most people backstage as he was a very avid pro wrestling fan and has been a follower of the WWE product for many years. Prinze was hired by WWE back in July of 2008 and worked solely on the Smackdown brand.

The crowd was probably chanting for Christian's involvement because it made the most sense.

Yeah, the average mark could figure out the Christian has been away from TNA for a few months and logically would be involved in an angle involving the Hardys and Edge. It like the time WWE was pissed the internet figured out Jericho was coming back because of the clues WWE put in teasers. Vince is probably just in one of those moods where he hates the internet for a few weeks and then forgets about it after a while.