TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2009

Vanky, nothing should beat Mr. T in the first place...unless you were sharing your bithday with....MEEEEE!

Here's a really good Flair interview that aired on CBS Sunday evening...you might even say it was the Sunday evening CBS news show.

That was a really good match.

If they find enough people willing to take the Warrior's Way once he's called up, he's made. That'll get over as big as Bourne's Shooting Star Press.

I used to think that Low-Ki being in the company would be a trainwreck, but I'm thinking its going to be awesome for some reason.

Vanky, nothing should beat Mr. T in the first place...unless you were sharing your bithday with....MEEEEE!

Here's a really good Flair interview that aired on CBS Sunday evening...you might even say it was the Sunday evening CBS news show.

Fun fact: That interview was set up by Bryan Alvarez when CBS called him for suggestions (they wanted Jake Roberts, but Chico informed them he's a bit of a liar).

That was a so so interview until the end. I thought that Flair showed himself to be quite humble when he said that he wishes he could have gave back more to the business.

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1235495414.shtml

- WWE is losing faith in Santino Marella, which is sad.

Should I be happy? Or are they making stuff up?

That newsbit is based on an off the cuff remark Meltz made on the Monday night audio update, right down to the "which is sad". The only difference is Meltz said they "have no confidence in him" (his wrestling ability), not they will be losing faith in the future.

PWInsider is reporting that Jamie Noble is fine and in good health after suffering a stinger last night while taking Mike Knox's unnamed finishing move on Raw.

Unnamed = Knox Out?

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1235495414.shtml

- WWE is losing faith in Santino Marella, which is sad.

Should I be happy? Or are they making stuff up?

That newsbit is based on an off the cuff remark Meltz made on the Monday night audio update, right down to the "which is sad". The only difference is Meltz said they "have no confidence in him" (his wrestling ability), not they will be losing faith in the future.

He's not where he is for his wrestling ability, so that's not even news. But, as we have come to learn by now, Internet favourite + in the doghouse = slow news week material.

Don't know if this has been discussed already, but according to Rajah, a big reason for Scotty Goldman's release from WWE was because he didn't sell Umaga's finisher correctly on Smackdown. He supposedly did a bit of a "jump" to sell the Spike, causing Umaga's thumb to not make contact. Umaga went ahead and pinned him, and Vickie had the match restarted. Goldman then took the bump correctly. Kind of a shitty reason to let go of someone.

Don't know if this has been discussed already, but according to Rajah, a big reason for Scotty Goldman's release from WWE was because he didn't sell Umaga's finisher correctly on Smackdown. He supposedly did a bit of a "jump" to sell the Spike, causing Umaga's thumb to not make contact. Umaga went ahead and pinned him, and Vickie had the match restarted. Goldman then took the bump correctly. Kind of a shitty reason to let go of someone.

Probably the braintrust thought Scotty was trying to get himself over, making the story more about his bump than the Umaga squash. It's also proof-positive that they saw him as nothing more than a jobber. He had no future with the company.

Probably the braintrust thought Scotty was trying to get himself over, making the story more about his bump than the Umaga squash. It's also proof-positive that they saw him as nothing more than a jobber. He had no future with the company.

Thought the visual of Scotty taking the spike in mid air was pretty cool. If you look for the impact, then you can see he missed. Looked like he was trying to get Umaga over more than himself. Either way, its not like he was destined to be world champ or anything.

No, but after a sucessful run as colour on FCW, you'd have thought they'd have some thing for him in a similar role.

That was a really good match.

If they find enough people willing to take the Warrior's Way once he's called up, he's made. That'll get over as big as Bourne's Shooting Star Press.

Honestly, I hate that fucking finishing move. He has so many other devastating looking finishers - the Tidal Wave being my favourite - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS1jcd3Gkbs.

From the Observer:

"Sim Snuka was saved because he’s among many still under consideration for an announcing position on the WGN show."

They also confirmed Prinze did leave - Stephanie tried to get him to stay in was actually about to offer him a promotion when he mentioned he was planning on giving notice. He apparently helped WWE at a Hollywood party last week though, so it's hoped he can still stay cool with the company.

Ric Flair turns on his head today while being sent into the turnbuckle; runs along apron, gets clotheslined

I love you