TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2009 Carribean Series

If you are desperate for some live baseball, the Caribbean World Series begins on Monday and will be televised on the MLB Network. It's a four team, round robin tournament with a handful of MLB players in it including Adrian Gonzalez playing for the Mexican team.

Rosters

Tigres de Licey (Dominican Republic) - Defending Champs

Mazatlan Venado (Mexico) - hosts

Leones de Ponce (Puerto Rico)

Tigres de Aragua (Venezuela)

MONDAY

Venezuela vs. Dominican Republic, 5:00/2:00 PM

Puerto Rico vs. Mexico, 10:00/7:00 PM

TUESDAY

Dominican Republic vs. Puerto Rico, 5:00/2:00 PM

Mexico vs. Venezuela, 10:00/7:00 PM

WEDNESDAY

Venezuela vs. Puerto Rico, 5:00/2:00 PM

Mexico vs. Dominican Republic, 10:00/7:00 PM

THURSDAY

Dominican Republic vs. Venezuela, 5:00/2:00 PM

Mexico vs. Puerto Rico, 9:00/6:00 PM

FRIDAY

Puerto Rico vs. Dominican Republic, 5:00/2:00 PM

Venezuela vs. Mexico, 9:00/6:00 PM

SATURDAY

Puerto Rico vs. Venezuela, 5:00/2:00 PM

Dominican Republic vs. Mexico, 9:00/6:00 PM

Edited by Bored

Mets' prospect Fernando Martinez hit a two run home run today in the Dominican Republic's 2-1 win over Puerto Rico. Mexico/Venezuela game is on right now, scoreless in 5th.

Holy crap a Bill Pulsipher siting as he's on the mound for Puerto Rico tonight.

Venezuela has the Series all but wrapped up as they are 4-0 after beating the Domincan Republic today.

Holy crap a Bill Pulsipher siting as he's on the mound for Puerto Rico tonight.

Venezuela has the Series all but wrapped up as they are 4-0 after beating the Domincan Republic today.

Mexico's 2-1 though. If they win today, they have Venezuela tomorrow with a chance of tying the series.

Mets' prospect Fernando Martinez hit a two run home run today in the Dominican Republic's 2-1 win over Puerto Rico. Mexico/Venezuela game is on right now, scoreless in 5th.

I Still cant believe the Twins gave the Mets Johan and didn't walk away with him.....

Carlos Gomez will probably end up being a better player, don't worry. Martinez has been unable to hit for power at AA and is 19 and ALREADY injury prone. You know right after that home run he flew to New York to get his elbow checked out my Mets doctors? Now he has hamstring and elbow problems? Wilmer Flores is the best Mets prospect now, I'm convinced.

Even if F-Mart does end up awesome, and believe me I hope he does, Carlos Gomez is a stud defensively.

Carlos Gomez will probably end up being a better player, don't worry. Martinez has been unable to hit for power at AA and is 19 and ALREADY injury prone. You know right after that home run he flew to New York to get his elbow checked out my Mets doctors? Now he has hamstring and elbow problems? Wilmer Flores is the best Mets prospect now, I'm convinced.

Even if F-Mart does end up awesome, and believe me I hope he does, Carlos Gomez is a stud defensively.

31 extra base hits in 86 games is hardly a power failure.

Eh, for a guy who is supposedly our only really top notch prospect, I'm not impressed. It's the injuries that are making me really flip shit, but I'm still not impressed with his numbers. From what I hear his pitch recognition isn't where it should be, either.