TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

WWE Raw - February 2, 2009

The reversal wasn't even convincing. Jericho basically lets go of the walls and stands there while Cena rolls over and applies the STF. At least make it LOOK good. :angry: He's worked enough with Jericho to have come up with something better than that.

Who the fuck did Jericho piss off to be John Hogan's bitch yet again? Now Jericho gets to be a 60 year olds bitch at WrestleMania 25. Great booking WWE!

Yeah, Jericho gets to make a ton of money facing off with a hot celebrity coming off an Oscar nominated movie and will probably only lose thanks to Ric Flair interference. All this while being all over the mainstream media for the next few months. I am sure he is weeping as we speak. I bet he would rather fight William Regal for the IC title.

Who the fuck did Jericho piss off to be John Hogan's bitch yet again? Now Jericho gets to be a 60 year olds bitch at WrestleMania 25. Great booking WWE!

Yeah, Jericho gets to make a ton of money facing off with a hot celebrity coming off an Oscar nominated movie and will probably only lose thanks to Ric Flair interference. All this while being all over the mainstream media for the next few months. I am sure he is weeping as we speak. I bet he would rather fight William Regal for the IC title.

I am sure Bam Bam Bigelow felt the same way after being LT's bitch back in 1995. What happened to that push he was promised?

.... the attitude adjuster?

A subtle jab toward the old attitude era? Adjusting what was done in the attitude era?

I know I'm being silly, but that's what came to my mind for some reason.

Big Show? :D

He's really getting far from all the media exposure last year. He's an afterthought for this year's Mania. I did like his match and storyline last year though which made Mania feel big.

I am sure Bam Bam Bigelow felt the same way after being LT's bitch back in 1995. What happened to that push he was promised?

Are you seriosuly comparing the two? Jericho is a much bigger name than Bigelow was at the time. Rourke is way more mainstream right now than a retired LT was. Wrestlemania is way bigger and more popular than it was in 1995. The payout in 2009 is guaranteed to be way bigger than it was in 1995.

The reversal wasn't even convincing. Jericho basically lets go of the walls and stands there while Cena rolls over and applies the STF. At least make it LOOK good. :angry: He's worked enough with Jericho to have come up with something better than that.

It looked like Jericho stood up a bit to drag Cena away from the ropes, and got caught w/ the reversal.

Are you seriosuly comparing the two? Jericho is a much bigger name than Bigelow was at the time. Rourke is way more mainstream right now than a retired LT was. Wrestlemania is way bigger and more popular than it was in 1995. The payout in 2009 is guaranteed to be way bigger than it was in 1995.

For what its worth WrestleMania got some serious coverage for its press conference and the event itself. I saw it everywhere from ESPN to Inside Edition to Entertainment Tonight to blurbs in Sport Illustrated. WrestleMania was perhaps the only mainstream thing the wrestling world had in 1995 worth a damn with the exception of the wwf name. Even Bischoff had to say Mania was still the biggest show in wrestling when wcw was #1 in ratings.

For what its worth WrestleMania got some serious coverage for its press conference and the event itself. I saw it everywhere from ESPN to Inside Edition to Entertainment Tonight to blurbs in Sport Illustrated. WrestleMania was perhaps the only mainstream thing the wrestling world had in 1995 worth a damn with the exception of the wwf name. Even Bischoff had to say Mania was still the biggest show in wrestling when wcw was #1 in ratings.

That is true, but it is nowhere near the level it is now. They got a lot of ESPN coverage and other sports outlets but not much mainstream media shows that will cover this.

Wasn't Bigelow also promised a WWF Title Reign for doing the job to LT as well?

That is true, but it is nowhere near the level it is now. They got a lot of ESPN coverage and other sports outlets but not much mainstream media shows that will cover this.

Yeah, WrestleMania is on a next level nowadays. However, something about those first 6 years still seem bigger to me. The closed circuit frenzy, sports bars, ppv shows being covered on legit sports shows(yeah we use to have it on front page newspapers and on sports news). IMO, there use to be more mass appeal to Mania. It could just be rose colored glasses though, but I kept those newspapers and recorded those shows covering it. Mania is bigger in some ways today, but is lesser on some other levels.

Yes they did. They had a NFL Hall of Famer wrestling at WrestleMania. They had coverage everywhere .

Don't try to justify it, just call it a Plot Hole and be done with it.

Do you guys know what plot holes are?

Regal demanded a rematch, they made the match for RAW. The end.

Kane: sup bro, im gr8. bt up rndy orton next week on raw? lol

Taker: lol h/o

Kane: who u talkin 2?

Taker: idk my bff p bearer. lol

Kane: lol

Taker: k c u at raw

Kane: : )

Gold.

This whole Rourke/Jericho deal is puzzling. Is Rourke really going to be at WM or not, or is he feigning not being involved until after the Oscars and then he'll do it? To me, once he even mentioned wrestling at WM any shot he had of winning Best Actor went out the window, so he might as well wrestle Jericho.

At least they are likely blowing off JBL/HBK at No Way Out instead of at WM. So hopefully we'll get UT vs. Shawn at WM, since right now they really need something decent for the big PPV.

Flair AND Taker next week? Is there something major going up against Raw?

February sweeps?

Dog Show but its on CNBC on Monday night when RAW is on. Remember when RAW used to get bumped for the Dog Show? I bet Vince remembers.

Flair AND Taker next week? Is there something major going up against Raw?

February sweeps?

Dog Show but its on CNBC on Monday night when RAW is on. Remember when RAW used to get bumped for the Dog Show? I bet Vince remembers.

I have found memories of the first time WWE was on USA. Lets not forget that the Dog Show did better ratings than WCW Monday Night Nitro.

Lex Luger's piledriver finisher used to be called the Attitude Adjuster.

Not to be a smart ass, but i don't recall this

I'm probably wrong

It was called the 'Attitude Adjustment.' He used it to beat Ron Simmons at Halloween Havoc '91. I was bummed. :(

Also, Mickey Rourke will not be at WrestleMania 25. Working with WWE does not work wonders for your career, and it just occurred to him.

I really wanted Rourke to work with the E since he's notoriously one of the hardest actors to work with in Hollywood. It would be entertaining to read the reports of him shitting all over the writers scripts, and demanding he re-write his parts and maybe some of Jericho's.

I really wanted Rourke to work with the E since he's notoriously one of the hardest actors to work with in Hollywood. It would be entertaining to read the reports of him shitting all over the writers scripts, and demanding he re-write his parts and maybe some of Jericho's.

Well, it would be a nice departure from Trump's "fuck you" attitude towards the company's efforts. That seriously irked the fuck out of me. No-selling The Boogeyman was infuriating to me. Fuck that guy. I hope he dies a horrible death.

I figured Kane used smoke signals and the Undertaker answers yes or no with either a lighting bolt or thunder.

I really liked Kane and Knox as a tag team. That'd be a great tag team and fuck, both Ric Flair and the Undertaker are going to be at the Raw show in Oakland. I got tickets for the Smackdown show in Fresno instead. Damnit!

I don't mind the FU being called the Attitude Adjuster. It's better than the Victory. I mean what if someone kicks out of the Victory, not much of a finishing move is it?

Kane: sup bro, im gr8. bt up rndy orton next week on raw? lol

Taker: lol h/o

Kane: who u talkin 2?

Taker: idk my bff p bearer. lol

Kane: lol

Taker: k c u at raw

Kane: : )

This is why I always stick around here.

About Raw for the parts I saw. How the hell does Legacy beat up big security guards but stops when Dean-o and some refs run in?

Plot hole: They attacked the Raw GM. Why doesn't Steph just send Randy home and not let him back until Mania or until his condition is treated?

Why is Flair coming to Raw? Isn't this storyline between Randy The Ram and Jericho? They still have 60+ days to set up a match. To those that hate Flair showing up to Raw, he already did twice since retiring. Will we have any interaction between Orton and Flair since Orton still somewhat respects Flair?

Voices song is more over than Priceless as a team.

All of your posts are about to be edited to be pro-Cena, btw.

I enjoyed Raw. The Kane/Knox vs. Kofi/Rey tag match was actually really good and I enjoyed the main event too (Oh noes! Jericho lost to the WORLD CHAMPION!). That Mania history video was really good too, it actually made me excited to re-watch Mania 2 when my March to Mania begins.

I'm not sure why the Raw EC match containing 4 capable wrestlers, a capable big man, and a big man who actually seems pretty motivated with his push is going to be "ugly", but hey, I guess we wouldn't be complaining if we were thinking it would be good.

It seems a bit odd they're doing JBL vs. HBK already, but honestly I'd rather see HBK vs. Undertaker at Mania. Of course Taker is going to win, but is the result of HBK beating JBL at Mania any less obvious? It's not like knowing Taker has to win removes all tension - Edge vs. Taker was pretty awesome and a few times at the end I actually thought Edge was going to win. However, if the scenario here is that JBL wins but Michaels gets a second chance at Mania in a gimmick match, WWE must must must do a "Dancing Monkey Michaels" segment beforehand.

They're seriously calling the F-U the Attitude Adjuster now? I think the Throwback was a better name, though didn't Cena actually call another one of his moves that?

And boy, I too am sick of Jericho always jobbing to Cena. I didn't expect him to beat him, but at least he could have lost by DQ or something to freshen things up a bit.

Greetings... lost soul. This is the Undertaker. I cannot come to the phone right now, but if you leave a message at the sound of a gong, I will get back to you soon. And when I do, you will REST... IN... PEACE.