TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

WWE Raw - February 2, 2009

.... the attitude adjuster?

A subtle jab toward the old attitude era? Adjusting what was done in the attitude era?

I know I'm being silly, but that's what came to my mind for some reason.

Same here. I guess they finally realized that he already calls his jumping necksnap thinger the Throwback..

Wrestling might be the only entertainment medium that can have plot holes with plot holes about the plot holes. Really when you think about it, the effort to totally explain nothing in a way that makes sense as long as you don't think about it too long and don't remember anything from a month or longer ago is amazing.

It's ADD perfection. I'm now 100% convinced wrestling writers should get Emmy awards just for their ability to make you think something makes perfect sense when you damn well know it doesn't.

Or as a wrestling fan, you should realize that you shouldn't be spoonfed every detail about every single thing going on, and come to your own conclusions on issues. I've always done this. Say wrestler x feuds with wrestler y, then one turns face or heel and they both have an issue with another wrestler and seem all buddy buddy. Why do we have to be explained as to why they are friendly? Just assume they patched things up off camera. Not a hard concept to adopt. That's how you could explain HBK and Batista teaming up last year at a RAW, after their mini feud. Just assume they patched things up off screen.

Or as a wrestling fan, you should realize that you shouldn't be spoonfed every detail about every single thing going on, and come to your own conclusions on issues. I've always done this. Say wrestler x feuds with wrestler y, then one turns face or heel and they both have an issue with another wrestler and seem all buddy buddy. Why do we have to be explained as to why they are friendly? Just assume they patched things up off camera. Not a hard concept to adopt. That's how you could explain HBK and Batista teaming up last year at a RAW, after their mini feud. Just assume they patched things up off screen.

Actually, the first time they teamed up, it was some tension between them. It wasn't until the second time they teamed up that we saw those two shake hands.

Wrestling might be the only entertainment medium that can have plot holes with plot holes about the plot holes. Really when you think about it, the effort to totally explain nothing in a way that makes sense as long as you don't think about it too long and don't remember anything from a month or longer ago is amazing.

It's ADD perfection. I'm now 100% convinced wrestling writers should get Emmy awards just for their ability to make you think something makes perfect sense when you damn well know it doesn't.

Next week, Rey Mysterio should start attacking John Cena and they can going into this heated feud, and not bother with promos or angles telling people why it's happening. After all, we can just assume something happened backstage and that's why Rey is gunning for Cena.

Wrestling and Lost...

Was it ever explained why Knox was attacking Rey outside of when he said "No particular reason"? I hope not. That's what I would do if I was a wrestler and could beat people up legally - I'd fuck with people just for the sake of fucking with them.

"Oh look, here comes Chris Jericho!" *Hides behind the corner with a chair ready to nail him*

Was it ever explained why Knox was attacking Rey outside of when he said "No particular reason"? I hope not. That's what I would do if I was a wrestler and could beat people up legally - I'd fuck with people just for the sake of fucking with them.

"Oh look, here comes Chris Jericho!" *Hides behind the corner with a chair ready to nail him*

I want Kofi Kingston to do that to Rey (or some other face) and then still come out to his matches ignoring any boos from the crowd and still doing his entire big smile, boom boom boom, jump around and high five shtick. Then, when someone finally questions him, he just acts like it never happened, but then continues the attacks with that big smile on his face week in and week out and still acting and wrestling the same as he has since his debut.

Lex Luger's piledriver finisher used to be called the Attitude Adjuster.

Not to be a smart ass, but i don't recall this

I'm probably wrong

It was called the 'Attitude Adjustment.' He used it to beat Ron Simmons at Halloween Havoc '91. I was bummed. :(

Also, Mickey Rourke will not be at WrestleMania 25. Working with WWE does not work wonders for your career, and it just occurred to him.

He also used it to beat Windham for the belt at GAB 91. Harley Race came to the ring and screamed, “Now is the time!” and Lex piledrove Windham for the win.

Nope.

I think the point is, he's supposed to be the BULLY~! who just beats the snot out of the weak kids because he can.

So, in the storyline, does Orton genuinely have IED? I got the sense from last week's promo, from the way he was smirking and the hollow apology, he was faking it to stop WWE from taking further action against him and we were supposed to know he was lying. But after almost kicking Stephanie in the head, he seemed kind of horrified, like after he kicked Vince.

Nope.

I think the point is, he's supposed to be the BULLY~! who just beats the snot out of the weak kids because he can.

Not just a bully, but a vintage bully.