TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is God

NHL Thread

The team has been in the shitter for what? Three years? Two coaches fired mid-season, underachieving stars and an expensive core. How does he still have a job? I'm baffled.

The team has been in the shitter for what? Three years? Two coaches fired mid-season, underachieving stars and an expensive core. How does he still have a job? I'm baffled.

The Senators? They made the Stanley Cup Finals in the 06-07 season and then had an admittedly underwhelming year last season but made the playoffs. Definitely haven't been in the shitter. This year in the shitter for sure, but three years???

You're right, the more I think about it. Finding Emery as a diamond in the rough was great for....two or three months. When I really think about it, I think of Murray as the guy who let his top three defenceman get away last year, one of whom was Redden, who was chosen in favour of Chara.

the sens have sucked under 3 coaches in 2 years. i wonder what the problem might be? too bad they didn't save up their "throw ray emery from the bus" card for this year.

Speaking of Ray Emery, anyone see him fighting with the trainer in Russia after being yanked early in the game?

Gauthier got five games for his elbow on Gorges.

If you haven't seen it. I think we pretty much covered it in the january thread.

I know this might not exactly be an outlet for fantasy mumbo jumbo, but I feel like asking some of you hockey gurus for your 2 cents..

Whut: Letting Mats Sundin loose in my fantasy league.

Why: I'll admit it: I got caught up in the hype. I was one of many who stocked up on his indecisive ass for weeks. Now it's been what, 9 games? 3 points, a shitty minus, lagging play. Let's just say he's not exactly tearing it up. But I do hear there's talks of Mats on a line with Demitra and Kesler? Any Canuck boys wanna confirm this or weight in on my pondering?

Zuh: I'm thinking I may add Kyle Okposo. While he is on the hideous Isles - he's been decent lately and has a fairly good schedule this week. FLA and TB twice. TB are god awful, now add Mike Smith out with an injury, and that leaves Ramo and AHLer, Mike McKenna. This RW move would only be for a few days, as I'm thinking I may need a 3rd goalie for the end of the week anyways.

I know this might not exactly be an outlet for fantasy mumbo jumbo, but I feel like asking some of you hockey gurus for your 2 cents..

Whut: Letting Mats Sundin loose in my fantasy league.

Why: I'll admit it: I got caught up in the hype. I was one of many who stocked up on his indecisive ass for weeks. Now it's been what, 9 games? 3 points, a shitty minus, lagging play. Let's just say he's not exactly tearing it up. But I do hear there's talks of Mats on a line with Demitra and Kesler? Any Canuck boys wanna confirm this or weight in on my pondering?

There's no such thing as a constant line on the Canucks. As soon as something goes wrong (or right for that matter) their joke of a coach switches the lines up completely. He does this 4+ times a game. So while, yes, I believe Sundin-Demitra-Kesler will be the second line starting the game tonight, don't expect it to last for longer than the first period.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!

Finally!!!!!

(Yes, I realise how horrible it is for me to post that after killing them this thread but whatever) YES YES YES YES

That's it, we're the worst team in the league.

If you're going by the quality of play and not thatof the opposition, fine... But the Kings are definitely not the worst or second worst team this year. Not record wise, and they're better than their record indicates, anyway. They've lost many games by 1 goal. They're a young team who can't always close opponents out due to being more defense oriented than scoring centric. All that, and they're only 4 points out of a playoff spot.

Also, there's still the Islanders, so the Senators can't be the worst.

The Isles have won three in a row. Doesn't remove that title, but it's something to consider.

On that note, Washington ended New Jersey's winning streak last night. The Devils had, pretty quietly, won 8 in a row.

The Isles have won three in a row. Doesn't remove that title, but it's something to consider.

On that note, Washington ended New Jersey's winning streak last night. The Devils had, pretty quietly, won 8 in a row.

They're my favourite to win the Stanley Cup. The Devils, not the Isles or Caps.

When is Brodeur back? I don't entirely disagree with you, but I don't like Scott Clemmensen as my playoff goalie. On the other hand, Weekes did get Carolina through the first round in their '02 run to the finals.

Brodeur will be back in time for the playoffs. He should be back shortly I think.

Look how good they're playing without him. No imagine the Devils with him....

Welcome back to the big club, Justin Pogge.

Pogge is making me look stupid with all my relentless campaigning of him. Then again, in his defence, the Leafs look like they decided to take the game off. Not having Kabs is just killer

Not having Kabs is just killer.

Get used to it, although his trade value has to have taken a severe dip with an injury this close to the deadline.

Since Bob mentioned his Cup favourite earlier, I thought it'd be fun to take a look at our pre-season finalists. How proud/ashamed are you of them? What changes, if any, would you make? I'm sure a few of you would like to:

909: Tampa over Montreal, Detroit over Dallas

TakerHart: Montreal over New York, Detroit over San Jose

Smartly : Montreal over New York, Dallas over Calgary

Max: Washington over Pittsburgh, Dallas over Detroit

Angle: Montreal over Pittsburgh, Detroit over Dallas

Chris: Pittsburgh over Montreal, Detroit over Minnesota

CG: Montreal over Boston, Detroit over Chicago

Czech: Washington over Pittsburgh, Detroit over Chicago

Someone named Hitman: San Jose over Philly

Maybe my most hated Def Leppard song: Montreal over Boston, Detroit over Calgary

Fartsauce: New York over Montreal, Detroit over Dallas

Nightwing: Montreal over Philly, Detroit over Dallas

Dallas has snuck into sixth place in the volatile ground that is spots 5-11 in the Western, so I'd say only 909 has a guaranteed X on his picks at this point.