TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is God

NHL Thread

The Leafs once gave up a 5 on 3 goal to the Flyers. It's the only time I've seen that happen.

Last night (after the second goal by Penguins) was the best the Leafs had played all year.

The Leafs once gave up a 5 on 3 goal to the Flyers. It's the only time I've seen that happen.

It was Richards then and today. He is the only player in league history with 3 5-on-3 SHGs.

And I heart the Giroux.

Burke said that if he traded Kaberle, he'd be spending all summer to find another defenseman like him. I think he had better not add to the things he'll need to do this summer.

Someone is apparently suggesting that the Wings make a "Ville Leino for Mike Smith (TB)" Trade to shore up the goalie position. This person needs to be beaten within an inch of his life.

Someone is apparently suggesting that the Wings make a "Ville Leino for Mike Smith (TB)" Trade to shore up the goalie position. This person needs to be beaten within an inch of his life.

To give up a potential superstar for a marginal keeper would be utter idiocy. Osgood has struggled but he still makes key saves, and Conklin has been more than adequate. The defense is what needs fixing right now.

Given the deer in the headlights Price was last playoffs, coupled with Fernandez twice going to the Western finals, we'll talk.

This is assuming I don't kill every Hab before March 4, which I've already booked off work.

Burke said that if he traded Kaberle, he'd be spending all summer to find another defenseman like him. I think he had better not add to the things he'll need to do this summer.

Point well taken, but Kaberle proactively telling the media he's waive his clause is basically saying he wants out. His trade stock has surely dropped with his current injury, but if he's back and gets a few games in before the deadline (or even if he doesn't), Burke will get a few phone calls.

Too much for Schneider.

He's being paid too much, or two picks is too much?

If your quote included the addendum "in a season where he's 4-11-15 and -10", then both my questions are answered. To my further chagrin, he only has the one Cup - he signed with Anaheim and Detroit immediately after their Cup wins.

Oh well, after the last two weeks and change...nowhere to go but up.

Given the deer in the headlights Price was last playoffs, coupled with Fernandez twice going to the Western finals, we'll talk.

This is assuming I don't kill every Hab before March 4, which I've already booked off work.

The day the Bruins and Scabs make a trade together is the day that snocones are sold in hell. Look at the reaction that Ryder got for SIGNING with the Bruins. Imagine the microscope that the players will be under on their new teams?

This isn't like paying too much to acquire a two-year-past-his-prime Schneider. Fernandez's every move would be scrutinized. The Scabs are going to have to give up a ton to get themselves a goalie. They're basically out of cap space, so someone will be moving. And if you think Kovalev is going to be a "valuable" asset to them at the deadline, you're crazy.

The day the Bruins and Scabs make a trade together is the day that snocones are sold in hell. Look at the reaction that Ryder got for SIGNING with the Bruins. Imagine the microscope that the players will be under on their new teams?

This isn't like paying too much to acquire a two-year-past-his-prime Schneider. Fernandez's every move would be scrutinized. The Scabs are going to have to give up a ton to get themselves a goalie. They're basically out of cap space, so someone will be moving. And if you think Kovalev is going to be a "valuable" asset to them at the deadline, you're crazy.

You're right: Kovalev's not going anywhere; but he'll be forgiven if he ever picks it up....or passes!

Schneider's arrival virtually guarantees adding Komisarek or Markov into a 'big-name' trade package. Schneider in, Komisarek or Markov out - I'm gettin a beer.

No way Komi or Markov will be leaving Montreal. If anything it'll be O'Byrne or Gorges going in a package with Higgins or Plekanec.

My ideal player leaving is Francois Bouillion. Undersized D-Man that should be a fourth line forward.

It depends on who they're going to bring in. Bouillon's hit is 1.875 but he's known as a cuddly soft player. I think if Gainey really wanted to make a splash, he'd have to give up Andrea Kostitsyn. She just makes too much money for her lack of presence.

I do agree that Markov nor Komisarek will leave. If anyone, move Hamrlik, but there might not be a market for slow moving defensemen who make too much money.

I do agree that Markov nor Komisarek will leave.

I'd really like this to be true, but they'll be the two most sought-after players on the Habs when Gainey starts shopping. With the arrival of Schneider, I think they become a little more expendable. My head still hurts from saying that yesterday. Oyyyy.

Hey, surely a span of three cities in four nights starting Wednesday should fix things! Better yet, not even four nights, but three nights and one afternoon!

No way, Schneider is just a temp thing for this season, and will most likely retire after this season.

I don't agree with you Max on moving the Kostitsyn Bros. They don't have an appeal to most teams unlike Higgins or Plekanec which is a good second line centre.

Kovalev is most likely done in Montreal (and in North America as well) after this year unless the Habs run deep in the playoffs (if they make the playoffs at their current rate).

If I had just one wish...it would be that the Sabres could face Justin Pogge every night. He is clearly not ready...but that's the Leafs for you.

I don't blame the Leafs. What are they supposed to do? Toskala obviously sucks and Cujo is washed up, so why not try Pogge and see what happens?