TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg is God

NHL Thread

Though it sounds like it wasn't a particularly responsible game by the Habs, a win over the Canucks, by whom they'd been defeated 11 straight times, sets me at ease after a distastrous month. My finger is now totally distuingishable from the panic button.

I don't think I like this goalie controversy Carbonneau wants to start. Good for Halak for doing an admirable job filling in, and I like the idea of letting him ride, but Price is the better goalie - figure out why he's so shaky, and fix it.

I don't think anyone thought that the Sharks would come out so motivated. Or, more interestingly, that the Stars would come out so damn flat.

Heh. The sound guys in Philly just played "Open Up Your Eyes" on a no goal call when the Flyers thought they should have scored against the Kings. When the refs did not reverse their call, the sound guys played, "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong".

After gaining a point on 8 seed Minnesota by beating the Wild last night in a shooutout, the Kings got shut out in Philadelphia tonight. Dammit. They played a great game, but it was just one of those nights.

Guest Czech please!
I apologize for giving Chicago and Calgary no credit.

If it's any consolation, the wheels are flying off the Blackhawks with Patrick Sharp out and Cristobal Huet proving that he can't play more than like three games in a row without pissing down his leg. Q and Tallon need to make some changes here or they're risking falling out of this thing entirely. Craig Adams is not a 2nd-line player. I understand that Joel is reluctant to break up his highly successful 3rd line (Ladd-Bolland-Havlat) and surprisingly productive 4th (Eager-Fraser-Burish) but 2nd-line ice time cannot under any circumstances be devoted to the eagle with concrete wings that is Kris Versteeg with Craig Adams and Dustin Byfuglien. One guy couldn't crack a lineup that sluggish klutz Troy Brouwer could, and the other is a big strappin' dude who plays like an eight-year-old, and there's still probably some pee-wee up in Brandon goddamned Manitoba who's not afraid to check. Every day Versteeg spends on a line with those guys puts the Calder further out of reach, and more importantly, compromises the Hawks' chances to score goals and win games. Four goals in the third against the Nashville-For-The-Time-Being Predators. Jesus. I don't know how much longer I can take this.

Heh.

No.

Ho-lee Mackinaw

My favourite, during a game where the Leafs got no calls: Get on your suits and start diving!

Minnesota, Dallas, Edmonton and Anaheim all have 65 points. That's crazy

Yes. Lose to the Leafs, lose your job.

Renney? Check.

Therrien? Check.

Last Leafs win in Toronto, excluding those Pens games? Ottawa the first weekend of 2009. Hartsburg? Check.

I'd really like to see Montreal make a run at Colby Armstrong this week - he's pretty quietly got 15 goals (good for fourth on the Habs!), and he adds that character the Habs sorely need for the playoffs. Moreover, his salary of one-and-a-half wouldn't mean breaking the bank to acquire him.

If Tanguay can stay healthy for April, he might be as good as a trade deadline acquisition.

Tangradi is a great prospect, and Whitney is ridiculously overrated. Were I GM of the Ducks, I would not have done that trade.

Pittsburgh won that one pretty clearly. Kunitz could score 40 goals on Crosby's wing. Good fit.

The Islanders must win this. And when I say the Islanders, I mean Scott Gordon, because it seems like a loss to the Leafs means a pink slip in the mail this year.

Steve Begin was traded to Dallas for Doug Janik. Also Matthieu Dandenault has been trying to get out of the Habs organization as well.

Who the hell is Doug Janik? I know he's spent most of this season in the AHL, but I don't even vaguely remember hearing his name.

I'm also weary of this deal, given how well Ribeiro-Niinima went.