TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

ECW - Feb 3, 2009

Courtesy of http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-news...-february-2.php

Dark Match:

* Mark Henry b. DJ Gabriel

- Alicia Fox came out with DJ Gabriel while Tony Atlas came out with Mark Henry. Henry got the win with the World's Strongest Slam. He received a huge pop from the live crowd.

ECW On Sci-Fi: (Airing Tomorrow)

* A promo from last week's ECW is shown on the screen. The pyro hits and ECW is now underway!

* Paul Burchill w/Katie Lea b. Tommy Dreamer

- Tommy Dreamer charges at Paul Burchill but misses. Paul connects with a neckbreaker followed by a pinfall for the win.

* Jamie Noble cuts a promo. He says he's here to save the show.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gabriel vs Henry to tell you the truth. Maybe they're working on their chemistry for a program/feud that will kick off soon.

Dreamer does nothing for me anymore - he has no rub to offer and is utterly useless in anything other than a garbage match, and even then he's pretty paint-by-numbers. No longer the innovator of violence by any stretch.

Jamie "Bah GAWD" Noble to save the show - hopefully he means he's being added on a permanent basis. Chavo was recently removed from their roster without any fanfare, maybe he'll be the wily veteran player/coach for a spell.

The Miz & John Morrison come out to address the crowd. Tommy Dreamer comes out. Dreamer tries to attack them, they beat him down.

* Boogeyman b. Jamie Noble

- Boogeyman gets the win with a pumphandle slam. After the match Boogeyman eats a handful of worms

* Finlay w/Hornswoggle b. Jack Swagger in a non-title match.

- Before the match, Swagger cuts a promo on the screen. Hornswoggle hit Swagger with the shilelagh during the match and Finlay got the win with a celtic cross.

Fooey on Boogeyman beating Noble.

Why are we posting "ongoing" spoilers? Why not just post the spoilers in full after the show happens in 45 minutes?

Finally Jamie Noble is on ECW. It's about freaking time.

Why are we posting "ongoing" spoilers? Why not just post the spoilers in full after the show happens in 45 minutes?

Finally Jamie Noble is on ECW. It's about freaking time.

Why not. Just come back and read the thread in 45 minutes.

- Boogeyman gets the win with a pumphandle slam. After the match Boogeyman eats a handful of worms.

So much for Jamie Noble. Boogeyman must pull mad ratings. According to his IMDB he could have a role in a pretty big movie - Escobar directed by Antoine Fuqua and produced by Oliver Stone. Of course the IMDB for the movie only has Wright cast so far, as a character simply named "Tony", so you can probably take this with a grain of salt for the time being.

Jamie Noble cuts a promo. He says he's here to save the show.

Awesome. I think I may have to DVR me some ECW.

- Boogeyman gets the win with a pumphandle slam. After the match Boogeyman eats a handful of worms

...dammit.

(I think I'll still DVR it anyway.)

Tommy Dreamer, getting the Anti-Flair push, must lose every match until he retires over the summer to little fanfare. This little fanfare will be being featured in the background of the Jack Swagger Photo of the Day.

Tommy Dreamer, getting the Anti-Flair push, must lose every match until he retires over the summer to little fanfare. This little fanfare will be being featured in the background of the Jack Swagger Photo of the Day.

Welcome to WWE Logic.

Welcome to WWE Logic.

How is that "WWE Logic?" That's how Tommy Dreamer's always been booked.

I'm surprised at no Ricky Ortiz on this show. They seem to be ready to turn him heel, which would make no sense at how few faces there are on ECW. But it would fit his style better, as that squash match he had two weeks ago wasn't so bad.

Am I just really unobservant, or was last night the first time Boogey's smashed the clock over his head in a long time?

I think you're really unobservant.

It's possible, I don't pay too much attention when I watch ECW, but I remember him just coming out with the stick/worms lately.