TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

ECW - Feb 3, 2009

I could be wrong, but his girl voice really hurt him, at least in my eyes. That was probably worse than a lisp.

Eh, soft voiced big men worked before.

I mean, Lesnar didn't have that deep of a voice, and they were building the promotion...to an extent...around him for a while.

Even when Lesnar was a face, he looked and came across like a mean bastard that would beat the shit out of anyone for free.

Lashley looked and came across like a nice guy. Not good if you're going to be a 280lbs roid freak w/ a high voice.

Lesnar always seemed like Bob Backlund on steroids. Batista is the guy who initially seemed like he could rip someone's head off.

I quite liked Lashley, but he should have never been on ECW at all. He was hitting a nice stride on SD feuding with Booker, Finlay, and Regal and then they pushed him too hard, too fast in ECW and it caused a backlash.

Lesnar truly had "it." He came across like a real main eventer, and fans bought it. Tons of hosses came and went, but he was one of the few (along with Sid and a few others) who was perceived as something special.

Lashley always came across as a guy who was blatantly pushed beyond his means. Nothing about him ever screamed "top of the card" to me.