TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TMC1982

Once Great Cable Channels That Have Gone Downhill

ABC Family... not sure it was ever "great" but now they're stuck showing (pre-dominantly) Step By Step, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, and Full House with the odd movie thrown in here and there.

Boomerang still kicks ass, although it's starting to become Cartoon Network lite with Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans, Justice League Unlimited, The Batman, Johnny Bravo, and Dexter's Laboratory.

Boomerang is still cool, although I wish they would go back to playing more Bugs Bunny and Looney Tunes. I especially liked the Saturdays when they would go to a specific year and show cartoons in a block from that year.

TBS and TNT have gone seriously downhill. Partly to me I get annoyed by them running the same damn movie three nights in a row and then sometimes airing the same one back to back in an evening.

MuchMusic/Fuse blows as well...we've gone from the station of "Behind the Music That Sucks", "Uranium", and "Slave to the Metal" to the same watered-down MTV crap and movies.

ABC Family... not sure it was ever "great" but now they're stuck showing (pre-dominantly) Step By Step, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, and Full House with the odd movie thrown in here and there.

You just described why a friend of mine and I love it when our MLB roadtrips in the summer stop at hotels that carry this channel. It's all about the Family Matters (or is that on Nick at Nite?).

Family Matters is now on Nick at Nite.

And HarleyQuinn is stupid. Step By Step, Full House and What I Like About You reruns are why ABC Family rocks

You just described why a friend of mine and I love it when our MLB roadtrips in the summer stop at hotels that carry this channel. It's all about the Family Matters (or is that on Nick at Nite?).

MLB roadtrips? Venk, I don't think you've ever so much as shown your face in an MLB thread here. What gives?

Boomerang still kicks ass, although it's starting to become Cartoon Network lite with Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans, Justice League Unlimited, The Batman, Johnny Bravo, and Dexter's Laboratory.

ABC Family has some crappy orginal dramas on at night though. Pregnant teenage girl drama!

I did find it funny that last weekend (?) there was a 700 club Telethon on ABC Family...and it was in HD! lol.

MLB roadtrips? Venk, I don't think you've ever so much as shown your face in an MLB thread here. What gives?

I'm not much for sports discussion. I just watch things on TV from time to time, get into the playoffs, and once a year go on an out of town trip across America with a pal.

Boomerang basically where old Cartoon Network shows go to die (along with the obligatory classic Hanna-Barbera material).

We should have known what type of "comedy" channel TBS was going to be when they started airing horribly unfunny commercials about how funny their channel is.

Call me odd, but I like the current Disney Channel. I'll admit it right now I'm a big Suite Life fan (both incarnations) and I loved Phil of the Future a few years back. Plus as was stated before they're laughing all the way to the bank, so I'm sure they're not worried.

ABC Family...isn't this the same ""family"" channel that aired Cruel Intentions at one point? What a joke.

ABC Family...isn't this the same ""family"" channel that aired Cruel Intentions at one point? What a joke.

The channel is being marketed toward teens and tweens.

Suite Life is alright, though I haven't watched Suite Life on Deck. I'm looking forward to Sonny With a Chance.

Suite Life on Deck isn't as good as the original, but it's still amusing. Plus it had the episode where Zack and Maddie finally kissed so it's already won points in my book...too bad they've acted like it never happened every episode since though.

I am kinda interested to see Sonny with a Chance too.

That's the only episode of On Deck I've seen

The plot is just too stupid for me to watch. Why not just continue the original, or cancel it and start a new show?

Wizards of Waverly Place is decent, but I don't like that they can't reveal their powers to anyone OR ELSE, and they just told Alex's friend like it was nothing and nothing happened.

The plot is just too stupid for me to watch.

Good. You're 24. A show geared towards people whose ages are in the single digits should seem stupid to you. If you want to watch it, fine, but Disney isn't doing anything wrong.

The plot is just too stupid for me to watch.

Good. You're 24. A show geared towards people whose ages are in the single digits should seem stupid to you. If you want to watch it, fine, but Disney isn't doing anything wrong.

I didn't say they were doing anything wrong. I just don't get why they couldn't just create a different show or keep them in the hotel, instead of starting a new show for no reason.

I really haven't liked TBS since they stopped airing Office reruns, air the same syndication schedule for their other shows that all the other local affiliates here do, and changed their name to "Peachtree".

I don't know. The original had a great atmosphere to it too. I think because Ashley Tisdale and Kim Rhodes were both leaving the show they figured it was time for a change of scenery.

Brenda Song however, seems a bit out of place on the new show (which is really, the fourth season of "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody") without Ashley Tisdale. It made more sense when somebody closer to London's age provided a counterbalance to her spoiled, ditzy rich girl persona.

How about TNT? I remember in the early 90s when our family first got cable, I would watch that all the time. It seemed like they would show good movies you would actually want to watch. Now it's basically just the NBA channel on cable. I can't remember the last time I watched that station. Probably since Nitro went off the air, I'd guess.

I don't know. The original had a great atmosphere to it too. I think because Ashley Tisdale and Kim Rhodes were both leaving the show they figured it was time for a change of scenery.

Brenda Song however, seems a bit out of place on the new show (which is really, the fourth season of "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody") without Ashley Tisdale. It made more sense when somebody closer to London's age provided a counterbalance to her spoiled, ditzy rich girl persona.

No, it's not really. Two seperate shows.

How about TNT?

No. While I miss the cartoons TNT used to show, if anything, TNT has gotten better

TNT Blows with their stretch-o-vision HD. I actually went ahead and deleted the HD channel from my guide. The straw that broke the proverbial camel's back was the fact that they take Bones, which has been in HD from the start, and use the 4:3 version and stretch the fucking hell out if it with their non linear stretch which I can't fix with my apsect button on my TV. Most of their original shows are in proper HD but I dont really like any of them.

I think the problem is the writing for London as of late has been kind of lackluster. The only exception is the seaHarmony episode in which she was brilliant. Most of the time on the show now her jokes seem to be repettitive and flat. I miss the old London because her character just isn't the same as it used to be. Add on to that the fact that Brenda Song is starting to look dangerously thin as of late.

I liked it when A&E aired NewsRadio and Night Court in the afternoon (I only thought of this when Marvin complained about TNT's poor HD - A&E also insists on stretching non-HD shows out).