TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FroGG_NeaL

Best Live Show that you've attended

My favorite has to be the St Louis Raw where Cena debuted on The Highlight Reel. Dark match after the show was Cena vs. Undertaker in a long match. Crowd was amped all night.

Another St Louis Raw sometime when HHH and Batista were feuding. Maybe in between Mania and Backlash. Those two had an excellent dark match after the show. They did the Batista Bomb onto the steps spot and all that.

WCW house show in Charleston, WV. Hall and Nash both showed up, and had a really good match with the Steiner Bros.

Earlier in the night, Hall, Nash, and Syxx were doing a promo in the ring, and heeling it up. Crowd starts throwing shit at the ring, Nash says next thing hits him, he's beatin somebody's ass. He no longer then got done talkin, and dude in the 3rd row, 2 rows ahead of me, pegs him in the forehead with a 20 oz bottle of pop. Nash went after him, came over the rail, and dude tried to run, but security dragged him out. My boy said Nash hit the dude a couple of times in all the ruckus, but I don't kknow about all that. It was the funniest fucking thing I've ever seen.

Another WCW house show, this time in Huntington, WV. There was a blizzard or something, and alot of the wrestlers and alot of the audience couldn't make it. Instead of cancelling, they just had matches with whoever managed to make it. There was some terrible matches, but a few really good ones. Jericho and Malenko had the main event I think, and had a killer match. They were having a blast in there.

Those are my top 4.

My favorite live show (And I'd say the best) was the first ECW house show in Birmingham, Alabama in October of 1998. The crowd was great, Tommy Rich about started a small riot for making a Bear Bryant joke, and Bam Bam Bigelow told me personally, "I DON'T NEED YOU!" (I was about the only one cheering for him at a dead point in his match, and as I was standing up, he looked right at me and said that... freaking awesome, I must say.)

A close second would be the Raw after St. Valentine's Day Massacre in 1999 where The Rock beat Mankind in a ladder match for the World Title or the Smackdown taped the day after ECW joined the Invasion.

I think my favorite live event was probably ROH Death Before Dishonor V Night 1. Great show, great crowd, it's just too bad that it was held in Roxbury Crossing, and there was a shooting outside the building while people were still coming in.

ROH Better Than Our Best in Chicago.

Lance Storm vs. Bryan Danielson, Colt Cabana vs. Homicide in a Chicago Street Fight, tons of Dragon Gate guys and a bunch of the biggest indie players at the time (Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, etc.) made this a great show from top to bottom.

ROH Nowhere to Run in Chicago with Punk and Rave in the cage was pretty good

ROH did a show in Detroit with Whitmer and Jacobs in a cage. I remember that show being all around solid

A close second would be the Raw after St. Valentine's Day Massacre in 1999 where The Rock beat Mankind in a ladder match for the World Title

Hey, I was there, too. I marked out when the ladder match popped up on The Rock DVD on 24/7 this week. Did you go to Armageddon 2000, or were you no longer in Bham?

Probably Royal Rumble 2004. The undercard sucked for the most part, although HBK-HHH seemed much better in person, but the Rumble match more than makes up for everything else. It helps that it was one of the best Rumble matches, too.

Summerslam 97 gets a mention for being my first live event.

The first Raw of 2006 had the Cena-Angle first blood match, and this was near the height of the Cena-hate. I've usually never been to an event with more than 3 people including myself, so going with 7 here was a blast if only for the main event.

It might sound weird but given that I've never attended a PPV or a RAW/Smackdown (or Nitro/Thunder for that matter) taping, I think my favorite live event was a WCW Saturday Night taping in May '98, two nights after Slamboree. I know a lot of people rag on those marathon tapings but I personally enjoyed them, you got a lot of bang for your buck. I saw something like 24 matches for $25. You can't beat that. While there was a lot of crap (there were three, count 'em, three Kendall Windham matches), I got to see virtually every good wrestler (workrate wise) in action. There was a bitching Dean Malenko-Chavo Guerrero Jr Cruiserweight title match and one of Booker T and Chris Benoit's Best of 7 matches. Show also holds a lot of nostalgia as it was the first, last, and only WCW show that came to Portland. Unlike the other marathon tapings, I went to.

It was amusing, all night they had promised us a Wolfpac Vs nWo Hollywood member main event (this was at the peak of that stupid angle) and that main event was...Konnan Vs The Giant! Actually, that's probably better than most post-Thunder WCW Saturday Night taping main events.

A close second would be the Raw after St. Valentine's Day Massacre in 1999 where The Rock beat Mankind in a ladder match for the World Title

Hey, I was there, too. I marked out when the ladder match popped up on The Rock DVD on 24/7 this week. Did you go to Armageddon 2000, or were you no longer in Bham?

Yup... went to Armageddon as well. A friend, who was a big Kurt Angle fan, had a sign for Angle as we waited outside. The Dudleys came up to sign autographs before the show, saw the sign, and playfully acted like they were going to tear it up (The crowd definitely encouraging them).

Yup... went to Armageddon as well. A friend, who was a big Kurt Angle fan, had a sign for Angle as we waited outside. The Dudleys came up to sign autographs before the show, saw the sign, and playfully acted like they were going to tear it up (The crowd definitely encouraging them).

And I could have sworn I was the only person cheering on Angle.

By the way, since you brought up Bama cheap heat, how about Regal's line about the difference between loving farm animals and loving farm animals.

Maybe not the best show I've seen, but certainly the most fun was a house show in Ottawa shortly before Wrestlemania 2000. HHH/Road Dogg vs. Rock/Kane, Big Show/Rikishi, Jericho vs. Benoit vs. Angle, Edge & Christian vs. Dudleys, Hardys vs. Malenko/Saturn. I was really into wrestling at the time and it was the first live event I had attended in years.

I went to the first few Detroit ROH shows and Better Than Our Best, enjoyed myself tremendously. ROH is fun to watch on dvd, but is amazing live.

TNA Bound For Glory 2006 was awesome just to see Sting win the world title live. At that time I figured it'd be his last title reign, and to see my favorite wrestler win a title was very cool.

The only other shows I've seen were Price Of Glory wrestling in Coldwater, Michigan and some WCW house shows back in 97 and 98.

Unfortunately ROH hasn't come all that close to me, so I have yet to check out their house shows. The TNA show I went to in May 2007 was a terrific house show though, main event was Angle/Christian with Joe/Styles underneath.

Judgment Day 2000 with Rock vs. HHH in the Iron Man is the best PPV I've been to though. That was just a top to bottom excellent show. The WWF at the peak of its powers.

Wrestlemania XX was incredible live.

Boy, the finale of that show was once my all-time favorite moment in wrestling (which has since been soured), and I was at a Hooters in Central Illinois when it went down. Being there would have been pretty awesome. Good for you. I hope you die.

I went to the first few Detroit ROH shows and Better Than Our Best, enjoyed myself tremendously. ROH is fun to watch on dvd, but is amazing live.

No shit? Where were you? I might have thrown a chair over your head.

I was standing south of the main entrance seeing as how my third row seats sucked major ass. Didn't have any chairs fly over my head, however my friends girlfriend did get hit by a chair Adam Pearce was leaning on in the crowd that he threw to the side when the CZW guys came out.

Been to WM 14, WM X7, Night of Champions last year and a smackdown show in late 2001 with a Austin/Regal strap match. X7 was probably the best event but I had the most fun at 14. Both shows had excellent cards but the ending to X7 had me really turned off to the show afterwards whereas 14 had me pumped.

PWG - Based on a True Story. Good show all around as it started with a Loser Leaves Town match, and finished with Guerilla Warfare that had Joey Ryan's year-long title reign ended by Human Tornado.

NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom 2 - The whole card wasn't great, but it was loaded with guys I've never seen live before, and Angle-Nagata was awesome. Plus, there was the novelty of being in the Tokyo Dome.

I was standing south of the main entrance seeing as how my third row seats sucked major ass. Didn't have any chairs fly over my head, however my friends girlfriend did get hit by a chair Adam Pearce was leaning on in the crowd that he threw to the side when the CZW guys came out.

"She's hardcore! She's hardcore!"

Yeah, I remember that. Didn't she at least get a bunch of merchandise for her troubles?

For pure atmosphere and quality of matches, I would have to say the two Alex Shane promoted Supershows that were run over here in 2005

International Showdown

TNA X-Division Championship

Christopher Daniels Vs AJ Styles

Ravens Rules

Raven Vs Alex Shane

International 6 Man Tag Team Match

Mitsuharu Misawa, Yoshinari Ogawa & Tiger Emperor Vs Doug Williams, Scorpio & James Tighe

ROH World Title Contenders Match

CM Punk Vs Samoa Joe

World Of Sport Guest Match

Steve Grey Vs Mal Sanders

Cruiser Weight Fatal Four Way Match

Spud Vs Chris Sabin Vs Petey William Vs Jonny Storm

and Universal Uproar

Jonny Storm, Amazing Red & Spud vs Jody Fleisch, James Tighe & Aviv Mayaan

D'lo Brown vs Joe Legend

Low Ki vs Homicide

Sonjay Dutt vs Shannon Moore

Colt Cabana vs Nigel McGuiness

Mick Foley, Sandman, Steve Corino & Paul Travell vs Alex Shane, Stixx, Martin Stone & Iceman

Kenta Kobashi & Go Shiozaki vs Jun Akiyama & Doug Williams

Both were incredible shows with big crowds featuring people who I never thought I'd get to see...

This one popped into my head first-July 4 1982-Flair vs Backlund, Samoans vs Freebirds, Muroco vs Dusty, Snuka vs Orndorff, Wrestling II vs Masked Superstar, Bad Leroy Brown vs Big John Studd, Sullivan vs Saito, Ole and Hansen vs Putski and Pritchard.

"She's hardcore! She's hardcore!"

Yeah, I remember that. Didn't she at least get a bunch of merchandise for her troubles?

If I remember correctly a few of the guys autographed a dvd for her boyfriend(my friend) on our way out. I was dead tired from working the night before and driving there.

Best show - No Mercy 1999 (JJ's burning bridge w/ Vince thus starting a domino effect leading to TNA, Bulldog's last sniff of a main event program, 1st tag team ladder match, 121 year old Moolah bags another Women's Title, & Stone Cold jobs to that up and comer blasting through the glass ceiling despite the politics holding him back. That being HHH.)

Most fun show - ECW house show in early 1999. Somehow Row F on the floor translated to front row. Nothing spectacular happened at the show but fuck, front row for ECW is nearly impossible to top for $40 or so.