TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FroGG_NeaL

Best Live Show that you've attended

Top Five:

1. Wrestlemania XIX. I mean... well. It's Wrestlemania. Jericho vs. Michaels, Angle vs. Lesnar, the stunt show that was McMahon vs. Hogan, the amazing atmosphere... that was an experience, for sure.

2. RoH: Joe vs. Kobashi. Mostly a one-match show, but what a match it was. I got to fly crosscountry from Seattle to NYC to see it as an eighteenth birthday present, and man was it worth it.

3. Dragon Gate, 7/10/07. Featuring a one-night #1 contender's tourney that Taku Iwasa won and an absolutely fantastic tag match between CIMA and Matt Sydal and Speed Muscle, which ranks probably in the top five matches I've ever seen live.

4. NJPW, 7/6/07. The main event was Yuji Nagata vs. Togi Makabe for the IWGP Heavyweight Title and they had a fantastic, bloody brawl all over Korakuen Hall. The undercard wasn't great but Ryusuke Taguchi and Minoru had a good Jr. Title match, Dick Togo & TAKA Michinoku had a pretty fun Jr. Tag Title match against... I think it was Koji Kanemoto and Wataru Inoue, and everything generally worked.

5. WWE Smackdown, August 2002. My first wrestling show, and even though I was in the balcony the crowd was really hot and I got treated to The Rock vs. Chris Benoit in the main event, a rare Funaki pinfall victory (which was HUGE for me as I was a huge Funaki mark at that point in time), and what I think was the first time Los Guerreros ever teamed in WWE (and it was against Edge and Rey Mysterio, too).

My Top Five:

1. WrestleMania X-7 in Houston. Not my first Mania but still the best without question. I had shitty seats but that didn't decrease the enjoyment one bit. I invited my nephew who was a Rock fan and we had a total blast, including the Axxess show.

2. WrestleMania XX in New York. I remember I almost had a coronary yelling at Triple H to tap out. Of course life has intervened but that final moment of the show will remain with me forever no matter what.

3. WrestleMania XXIV in Orlando. My cousin came along for the ride and he enjoyed the hell out of the show, even if he'd never seen a wrestling show in his life. CM Punk's win and Flair vs Michaels were the highlights for me. And yes, I did cry.

4. RAW in Orlando, Ric Flair's Farewell. Just an awesome top to bottom show, with all the people in attendance never wanting to leave. Yes, I did cry again.

5. SummerSlam 2005 in Washington, DC. Hogan vs Michaels had heat like you wouldn't believe. Seeing my favorite wrestler of all time (Michaels) main event versus an icon like Hogan (even if I hate his guts) remains unforgettable.

3. WrestleMania XXIV in Orlando. My cousin came along for the ride and he enjoyed the hell out of the show, even if he'd never seen a wrestling show in his life. CM Punk's win and Flair vs Michaels were the highlights for me. And yes, I did cry.

Did it hurt when the fireworks burned you?

What other Manias have you been to besides those three, poch?

Other than the three I mentioned, Mania 2000 in Anaheim, which was my very first. Not an unforgettable show but an unforgettable experience for sure, being my first major wrestling show ever.

Did it hurt when the fireworks burned you?

I was nowhere near those fireworks. I was completely across the other side and in a lower level.

When I'm a little less crazy I'd like to respond to this in depth, but I had an awesome time at a WCW house show in March 98 at The Palace of Auburn Hills and ROH Steelcage Warfare in NYC in December 2005. I liked to pretend the roof on Basketball City at the pier made it like a mini Trump Plaza. Mania 23 and Rumble 09 were fun times too.

No, but my cousin did. He also went to SummerSlam 93. The only shows I went to at the Palace were house shows that we had to sit in a luxury box for (because they were comped tickets my friend's dad got for being a buyer at Ford or something). Because attendance was really low at the two Fed shows (Hart Attack Tour in 94, In High Gear in February 95) we moved from the box to the lower bowl, but it was upstairs all the way for WCW's packed house in 98.

I would say that I enjoyed Survivor Series this past year the most, but No Way Out 2000 was probably a better show. I was just a year or so into wrestling at the time (and only 12 years old) so things were different, but I'll always remember the Triple H-Foley HIAC match.

I've never been to a televised show, just some house shows. The best was probably the TNA show last July: Angle vs. Styles, LAX vs. MCMG, and Petey vs. Kaz were all good.

The SD/ECW house show I went to in September was pretty good too. Bourne vs. Chavo, a shockingly great Benjamin vs. Yang match, and I finally got to see Taker live (Triple H & Taker vs. Khali & MVP).

I'd say the best live show I ever attended was the second night of the '87 Crockett Cup tournament. Right before the final bout, Magnum T.A. walked out (with the aid of a cane) to a standing ovation at the Baltimore Arena, and he and Dusty Rhodes embraced. Whole place went bonkers.

Also, Flair & Windham battled to a superb 60-minute draw for the title.

Good stuff.

It would have been awesome to attend a great 80s NWA show.