TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003

Weren't the results from 2003 supposed to be confidential? Over 100 players tested positive that year. How come the others haven't been outed? He isn't going to be fined or suspended because baseball didn't have penalties back in 03 for testing positive.

Not surprising. I always thought he had to be on something sometime during his career, because he bulked up just like Bonds did. Hopefully he hasn't done it since.

That's pretty much what I thought too. I wouldn't be shocked if he stopped taking steroids and just switched to some other PED that MLB doesn't test for. There's no difference between A-Rod and every other power hitter who has been outed for juicing, or can't get a pass in the dreaded "court of public opinion".

Just what everyone needs....more steroid talk.

What makes this one pretty important besides who it is, is that in the report Gene Orza, one of the heads in the players union, supposedly tipped A-rod off about this upcoming test. Obviously that's not supposed to happen.

Oh dear lord.

The shit is about to hit the fan in a way that nobody has ever seen before.

I honestly see what happened in the past as a non issue now. I am just going to assume that everyone cheated and move on. We will never fully know who all cheated and I am not going to treat the ones who did like criminals.

I don't follow baseball too much but what's with 2003 and it being confidential and shit?

MLB did confidential testing in 2003 to see if more than 5 percent of the players were using. If more than 5 percent were caught than MLB would do full testing in 2004 with suspensions. That was the agreement with the Players association.

First thing a friend says to me when I sign on AIM:

Friend (12:41:28 PM): AROD

Friend (12:41:31 PM): TESTED POSITIVE FOR ROIDS

At least it was 6 years ago, and it seems like he hasn't done it since (or at least that steriod) because 2nd time offenders would get out.

Everyone knows my feelings on A-Rod and the Yankees, but it sucks to hear this news. It's bad for the sport to constantly have their best players outed on a public stage as cheaters. Doesn't matter if he stopped in '03 or not, he's forever branded as a cheater and all his accomplishments seem a little hollow today.

They should have just had Jose Canseco write the Mitchell Report. He's nailed every single one of these guys, hasn't he?

Wasn't there a report last year that Pujols did roid?

Colin Cowherd reported that on his radio show last year. As it turned out, he had a fake Mitchell Report. Pujols has never been linked to any steroid usage, at least to my knowledge.

Couple of thoughts now that I am processing all this:

-Gene Orza tipped off players that tests were coming? Holy shit. That's not as juicy as A-Rod, but it's the bigger story. That indicates that the Player's Association was actively trying to subvert the system and promote steroid use. He's fucked.

-Bet the Yankees aren't too happy about the $30 million in incentives for A-Rod meeting historical HR marks now. The whole complexion of that chase has just changed significantly.

-Those 103 names are going to come out. That's going to once again bring steroids talk to the forefront of conversation.

-We were just introduced to A-Fraud as a nickname. Do we have to change this to A-Roid already?

First thing a friend says to me when I sign on AIM:

Friend (12:41:28 PM): AROD

Friend (12:41:31 PM): TESTED POSITIVE FOR ROIDS

At least it was 6 years ago, and it seems like he hasn't done it since (or at least that steriod) because 2nd time offenders would get out.

Does your av happen to be the lovely Zooey Deschanel?

We have pms for that.

As bad as this is, I think it's bullshit that these tests were supposed to be in confidence, and get leaked out anyway.

We have pms for that.

As bad as this is, I think it's bullshit that these tests were supposed to be in confidence, and get leaked out anyway.

I know you have PMS, but that's beside the point.

Anyway.... Roids are a part of the game. They're just going to keep finding people who are doing them. It's not really a surprise anymore.