TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

TNA Against All Odds 2009

Still baffled by the card here, this just has hardly anything at all to offer, and I will be passing on this one. With no Styles or Joe working matches, and the Duds in the f'n main event, not really sure what they are thinking here. But still worth throwing some thoughts down on.

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Kurt Angle vs. Brother Ray vs. Brother Devon vs. champion "The Icon" Sting

-Probably the best idea here is having the Dudleys turn, and cost Sting the match, giving Angle the title again. Chances are Sting will retain though.

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

"Black Machismo" Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed vs. champions Beer Money

-Pretty sad this match is second from the top. Don't really give two shits about this one, might as well have Beer Money retain.

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Eric Young vs. champion Alex Shelley

-Yet another who cares match. Shelley might as well keep the title.

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

ODB vs. champion Awesome Kong

-AGAIN, another throwaway title match. Kong should take it.

Legends Champion Booker T vs. Referee Shane Sewell

-Not sure if this is a title match or not, but who really cares. I hope this is a quick one, as Sewell is a very standard worker, and most times, so is Booker. I'm sure Booker will retain, or at least should.

Abyss vs. "The Blueprint' Matt Morgan

-This is the single match that has a little bit of interest to me, but not enough to get the show. Should be a bloody brawl, given the storyline. Morgan should take it, as I don't see this feud ending yet.

"Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams vs. "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner

-I'm interested to see how they two clash together in their different styles of working. I would imagine Steiner goes over.

Brutus Magnus calls out an open challenge

-All I am thinking is that Suicide will show up here, and probably beat him. Would love to see a Doug Williams appearance to start a feud of the Brits, could be possible since I think he is signed with TNA in some capacity.

I'd expect alot of storyline driven vignettes to build things down the road more than the focus on being on the in-ring stuff. Joe and Styles should conceivably show up at some point, probably during the main event.

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

ODB vs. champion Awesome Kong

-AGAIN, another throwaway title match. Kong should take it.

Not only has this match been done too many times, but Kong and ODB also haven't had good matches against each other, most likely because of ODB.

It should be noted that out of 31 signed up for the PPV predictions contest, only 17 sent in picks today, meaning almost half of the people on TSM who can potentially make money as a result of this card actually remembered and/or cared.

Brutus Magnus calls out an open challenge

-All I am thinking is that Suicide will show up here, and probably beat him. Would love to see a Doug Williams appearance to start a feud of the Brits, could be possible since I think he is signed with TNA in some capacity.

I'd expect alot of storyline driven vignettes to build things down the road more than the focus on being on the in-ring stuff. Joe and Styles should conceivably show up at some point, probably during the main event.

From Lords of Pain byh way of PW Insider:

sources: PWInsider.com, www.f4wonline.com

-- As noted on Thursday's Impact, newcomer Brutus Magnus has issued an open challenge for tonight's Against All Odds pay-per-view. It was announced during the pay-per-view countdown show on TNAWrestling.com that Rhino will be taking up his challenge.

So I was watching the countdown show on my dish and one the top of hour came for the show to start, I ended up not getting blocked from viewing any further, I still have the show as I type this. What an irony, the one of few TNA pay per views I dont buy, and I am getting it free. There is some sort of good karma in the world apparently. Doubt it will last through the whole show, but yay to it as long as it lasts. For anyone who has Directv, you might want to check and see if it's the same on yours.

Opener was about what you would expect, solid but nothing incredibly great either. Shelley did a nice looking top rope bulldog though, that was the spot of the match easily.

One thing I want to know is, why hasn't Petey gotten rid of the "Steiner look?"

Reminds me of when Time Warner forgot to block the WrestleMania 24 stream. Oops.

The funny thing here is that this is one of those shows that is going to end up getting so little buys, it's not going to matter much if they leave the stream open anyway.

Is there any good reason why Joe and Styles don't have matches? I know that there was an injury angle for Joe, but I thought he was back now. Did they do an injury angle with AJ or is he just not on the show? Pretty fucking stupid to leave off two of the only guys who people might pay money to see.

Joe just returned form "injury." The plan was for him to go against Nash, but Nash had the infection. AJ was "injured" a few weeks ago.

Damn, Steiner hit a hell of a spike piledriver (basically the same move Owen Hart injured Austin with) for the win. Match was a bit better than I expected.

Joe's already showing up. God, that "tattoo" looks ridiculous.

Well, they certainly pretty much fucked over Petey eh?

Steiner gave him some decent offense, I don't think anyone expected him to actually go over.

Foley and Sting cutting a promo together.......serious tease of Sting turning face there.

I would pay money to see those two in a match again.

He shouldn't be going over Steiner. He got to have a competitive match though.

Exactly, hence why Petey wasn't really "fucked over" or anything like that.

Why the fuck are the fans chanting "Fire Russo?" It's a regular wrestling match? Fucking morons.