TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

TNA Against All Odds 2009

Why the fuck are the fans chanting "Fire Russo?" It's a regular wrestling match? Fucking morons.

Probably just because a really basic match like this shouldn't even have been booked on the ppv.

So they book Brutus Magnus, or whatever his name is, but they still haven't brought in Doug Williams full time?

And as soon as I say that, it starts to pick up. Magnus' offense is really weak for the most part.

So they book Brutus Magnus, or whatever his name is, but they still haven't brought in Doug Williams full time?

Yeah, I don't get why he's not in yet, and honestly Williams should be doing this guy's gimmick instead. This Magnus guy is not very good at all.

Yeah, I don't get why he's not in yet, and honestly Williams should be doing this guy's gimmick instead. This Magnus guy is not very good at all.

Actually, no one should be doing this guys gimmick.

He shouldn't be going over Steiner. He got to have a competitive match though.

Exactly, hence why Petey wasn't really "fucked over" or anything like that.

I fully expected him to win, that's not that I'm talking about. I just don't see a reason to squash him post match as well after the big finish to that match.

Great match, the guy went over I expected, but I didn't see the purpose of the post match squash. Why couldn't the Joe music start as Steiner went to go grab him?

It's just a TNA moment, that's the only explanation for it.

Actually, no one should be doing this guys gimmick.

I just meant in terms of the trademark British heel to have on the roster, not necessarily the stupid Gladiator get-up.

And as soon as I say that, it starts to pick up. Magnus' offense is really weak for the most part.

Yeah Magnus isn't great, but he really isn't brutal either. Sizewise, he's in a bit of a deadzone . . too small to be big and too big to be small. His promo was alright. I think the fans shitting on him right away gives the perception that he blows ass no matter what.

They signed him after the World X-Cup, but he's only had one other match outside of the tournament.

Wait, TNA is bringing in Doug Williams?

They signed him onto a number of dates way back when he was a part of the X Cup stuff, but for some reason, they are letting him sit. Probably just something related to his already booked schedule and in due time, he'll be in for spots.

Why the fuck are the fans chanting "Fire Russo?" It's a regular wrestling match? Fucking morons.

Probably just because a really basic match like this shouldn't even have been booked on the ppv.

The problem with "Fire Russo" having become the TNA fans all purpose chant for something they don't like, is that TNA management, instead of taking on board that the fans aren't liking what's going on and correcting it, instead dismiss them as idiots for not knowing Russo didn't have anything to do with the segment at hand and accordingly dismiss their dislike as the reaction of people who don't know what they're talking about. While the chant was funny at first, now it just enables TNA to dismiss a negative reaction to something they do and convince themselves a bomb of a segment was really a success.

The Magnus/Sabin match wasn't the drizzling shits, but it wasn't PPV worthy either. I think he can only get better... hopefully.

The problem with "Fire Russo" having become the TNA fans all purpose chant for something they don't like, is that TNA management, instead of taking on board that the fans aren't liking what's going on and correcting it, instead dismiss them as idiots for not knowing Russo didn't have anything to do with the segment at hand and accordingly dismiss their dislike as the reaction of people who don't know what they're talking about. While the chant was funny at first, now it just enables TNA to dismiss a negative reaction to something they do and convince themselves a bomb of a segment was really a success.

Back when this first started happening with the chants, that definately was the case, but that was a good while ago.....I'd like to think by now, the company gets it more when the Fire Russo chant happens. It's clearly directed to make a point that they aren't liking what they are seeing, just the same thing as a boring chant or bullshit chant or whatnot.

Back when this first started happening with the chants, that definately was the case, but that was a good while ago.....I'd like to think by now, the company gets it more when the Fire Russo chant happens. It's clearly directed to make a point that they aren't liking what they are seeing, just the same thing as a boring chant or bullshit chant or whatnot.

I don't know how anyone who has followed TNA as long as you have can give them the benefit of the doubt on something like acknowledging their mistakes.

I think the problem with the "Fire Russo" chants is that the Orlando crowd probably think they are being smart by chanting it, more than trying to make a point.

I think the problem with the "Fire Russo" chants is that the Orlando crowd probably think they are being smart by chanting it, more than trying to make a point.

I would imagine that to be the TNA mindset; dismiss it as the crowd being collective smartasses and ignore that they might simply be registering dislike of something.

With Dixie walking around during the shows, it would just be easier to tell her to her face that they don't like something, but instead the fans don't, but they instead chant during the show.

The last three matches have been just absolute shit, in most cases quick enough, but still shit. The Styles run-in was finally something noteworthy, and looks like they will start going with Booker/Styles, which has potential.

Nice promo by Morgan. By the way, my free feed was going in and out during the Styles promo, but somehow still getting it through the close call there.

I'm sure it's legit, but having a strep infection in your shoulder sounds like something only TNA could come up with.

What shit if this ppv ends w/ the heels running the table by winning every match. I figure w/ the announcers putting over Morgan's infection, Abyss is the only face w/ a shot at getting a win.