TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Celtic Jobber

Jericho mobbed by fans, hits woman

This is really insane, I feel that Jericho was justified in his retaliation against these scumbags...

A video of the incident:

Chris Jericho Assaulted By Fans After WWE's Victoria, BC House Show:

(From Wrestlingobserver.com/F4Weekly, as posted on the Wrestlecrap forum):

This afternoon after the WWE house show in Victoria, my girlfriend and I went to see the wrestlers leave the arena (this was my girlfriend's first WWE event and she wanted to see them leave). The following is exactly what happened right in front of me and about another 50 wrestling fans who happened to be there are well:

Chris Jericho exited the building, and walked over to his white rental vehicle. The crowd watching him leave was heckling him, but he was ignoring it. He gets in his vehicle and drives out of the arena parking lot, right past the crowd of us. As Jericho stops at a stop sign, a fan runs into the street and starts banging on his rental vehicle. At this point about 50 people rush into the middle of the intersection, blocking traffic in several directions, with no police and very inadequate and incompetent security (no WWE security guards period). My girlfriend and I were literally in the very front of the crowd, and this all went down literally five feet away from us.

Chris Jericho opens the door to his vehicle in the middle of the road, and the fan shuts the door back on him. Jericho then gets out of the vehicle completely, and punches the fan in the face! This prompts another fan to jump in (he was friends with the first) and attack Jericho, and Jericho scuffles with the second guy. At this point, a woman who knows the second guy who attacked Jericho starts to jump in and get in Jericho's face (because he was fighting her friend).

This is where the Save on Foods Rent-A-Security Guards stopped standing around watching this happen (I swear they thought they were watching a wrestling angle or something), and stepped in to separate Jericho and the woman, who was shoving him. Looking at Jericho's face he was obviously ready to explode and was restraining himself...but then the shit storm happened...

He spit in the girl's face, and called her a "fucking bitch". The woman then spit in Jericho's face. Jericho then started cursing out the woman some more, and was getting ready to go back into his vehicle (as all of this is still happening in the middle of the road). While he was turning to go into his vehicle, one of the guys he was fighting shoved Jericho against his car. Another guy then shoved Jericho, and that time he bumped his head on the top of his vehicle. This was where Jericho seriously snapped.

After bumping his head, Jericho went into a shit storm, throwing and swinging at everybody around him. He knocked one guy to the ground, told another fan that he was going to "fucking kill you". The woman who got spit on was still yelling at Jericho, so he piefaced her away from him (because the arena security couldn't keep them separated). As soon as he put his hands on the woman, ANOTHER fan jumps in and starts swinging at Jericho. Jericho grabs the guy and starts throwing him to the ground, and at this point I have to yank my girlfriend out of the way and into some other people because Jericho had literally thrown himself and the other guy into our direction and we would of been knocked down by the scuffle.

The arena security try again at this point to regain order, and two of them grab Jericho and start yelling at him to calm down, to which Jericho responds by taking a swing at one of the security guards and yelling at them to "do your fucking job and get the fucking police here". Then he shoves the second guard to the ground and tells him to "stay the fuck off me".

Well, as that happens, the chick lunges at Jericho AGAIN, and this time Jericho actually punches the woman in the face, and shoves her to the ground. This stunned everyone, and the girl's friends ended up jumping in trying to fight Jericho, to which he fought all of them off, then storms into his vehicle swearing and speeds off, running through a stop sign in the process.

This whole thing happened over the span of about 5 minutes (of the street being blocked by this ordeal), and the woman ended up calling the cops on Jericho. They arrived 5 minutes after Jericho left, complete with a Paddy Wagon. The WWE's head of security did not see the incident, so he was there trying to figure out what happened along with the cops at the same time while yapping on his cell phone, and the woman is pressing charges against Jericho. As crazy and unbelievable this sounds, it can all be backed up with whatever police report was filed on the scene this afternoon.

I hope this made sense, as a lot of stuff happened. If you have any questions or need clarification, just ask. This was taped by several people with cell phone cameras, but there were only 50 people down there so I hope the video makes it way to the internet. Regardless, this went down as one of the craziest things I have ever seen in my life (even if it didn't involve Chris Jericho), and Jericho could be in some serious legal trouble over this one; although he was provoked, he seriously snapped and crossed the line.

Chris Jericho Assaulted By Fans After WWE's Victoria, BC House Show:

(From Wrestlingobserver.com/F4Weekly, as posted on the Wrestlecrap forum):

This afternoon after the WWE house show in Victoria, my girlfriend and I went to see the wrestlers leave the arena (this was my girlfriend's first WWE event and she wanted to see them leave).

I can't quite find the words for it, but there seems to be this trend I've always noticed in wrestling reports where the person always has to make sure the readers know he has a girlfriend. You never see "my friends and I." The only time a person mentions that he's accompanied by someone is when it's his girlfriend. It's like these guys needs the recognition or something. You can't just say you were at the show?

I don't blame Jericho from going Apeshit. Putin would have done the same if they did that to Kozlov (just joking).

I like the spin that the wrestling forum who wrote the article put on the title.

Jericho Assaulted BY fans... surely Jericho was the assaulting people. As a public figure its going to look worse against him, them some rowdy college turds trying to provoke him.

Be crazy if this was an angle lol

This could really hurt Jericho. I don't think swinging at the girl was the right answer (and no I'm not gonna excuse him for doing it) but he probably felt overwhelmed by the crowd and that's what set him off like that. Security should have been doing their jobs, that shit shouldn't have ever happen.

Yeah, I wasn't even aware those guys in the blue shirts were security till the second viewing, they don't do much at all. If anything they make it worse. Either way, Jericho will be the doghouse, as I can see WWE settling out of court.

The WWE won't have to settle out of court. It was securitys job to keep control of the crowd and keep the performers safe, they obviously failed. All WWE has to say is that Jericho was defending himself due to the arena's security losing control and not doing their job.

The WWE won't have to settle out of court. It was securitys job to keep control of the crowd and keep the performers safe, they obviously failed. All WWE has to say is that Jericho was defended himself due to the arena's security losing control and not their doing job.

Bingo. I'd expect Victoria, BC won't see a WWE show for another five years or so.

Ouch! It looks like he really clocks her in that second video. She hit him in the head first though... is it still self defense if it's against a woman?

Not in the United States but maybe it's different in Canada.

I totally support Chris. Those fans were behaving like idiots and deserved what they got. Security should have been doing a MUCH better job!

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is. Just one of those things getting blown up by wrestling sites on a slow news day.

If these vids gets play outside wrestling fandom on TMZ or a similar site, they could be a big problem. Regardless of justification, mainstream viewers would still have a problem with Jericho clocking a woman.

Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is. Just one of those things getting blown up by wrestling sites on a slow news day.

If these vids gets play outside wrestling fandom on TMZ or a similiar site, they could be a big problem. Regardless of justification, mainstream viewers would still have a problem with Jericho clocking a woman.

Depends on the context. In this case, Jericho appears to have been clearly provoked by the woman.

I would love to see the net reactions if it were Triple H or Mark Henry or whoever else the net fans hate with a passion these days. They would be screaming for termination and jail time.

I just emailed the video to TMZ, let's see if they play it. If they do, you're welcome chris.

Did that make you feel good?

I would love to see the net reactions if it were Triple H or Mark Henry or whoever else the net fans hate with a passion these days. They would be screaming for termination and jail time.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If it wasn't a net favorite, I'm sure they'd be crying bloody murder. The fact is a guy, over 200lbs and well built, punched a woman in the face. If this was a guy on the street, it'd be frowned upon and he'd get assault charges pressed against him.

Even if the security team looked a little lax trying to protect Jericho, the whole thing went way out of hand and no one (Security, Jericho, WWE Security, and fans a like) helped the matter.

With Jericho going into a pretty mainstream program for Wrestlemania- this could be interesting. Assuming Jericho isn't punished and taken out of the Mickey Rourke match, WWE might get even more media attention for this angle. I can see it being brought up on Raw, Jericho publicly "apologizing", and Mickey using it as a reason to actually fight Jericho.

Ouch! It looks like he really clocks her in that second video. She hit him in the head first though... is it still self defense if it's against a woman?

Not in the United States but maybe it's different in Canada.

What are you talking about? You can absolutely defend yourself against a woman in the United States or Canada. It's like self-defense against a man, you can do enough to protect yourself and neutralize the attacker. I want to see the woman play the "I'm a girl and he hit me card", it will get thrown out in a second.

It's security's fault for doing nothing in the situaiton.

To bad it wasn't Atlas Security. The Canadian fans probably think wrestling is real - probably tweaker trailer folks.

To be fair, Mark Henry would have ate everyone.

Plus I really don't think fans are going to attack Mark Henry like that, well I really hope they be smart enough to stay away from a guy like Mark Henry. That's a scary motherfucker to be messing with.

When the video goes to the wide shot, is she the girl in the Can't C Me shirt still going after him? If that's her he must not have hit her, cause that punch would have knocked her out. I was thinking maybe he faked it just to give her a scare?