TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Celtic Jobber

Jericho mobbed by fans, hits woman

Both of their profiles are open on Facebook, if you're in the Vancouver network. It's pretty funny seeing a facebook update that says "Ashley is got punched and spit on by chris jericho i am pissed".

There's an article from a Victoria newspaper about the incident as well:

Witnesses say pro wrestler Chris Jericho hit a woman in the face outside Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre after a World Wrestling Entertainment match Saturday afternoon, in a profanity-laced brawl captured by a witness on a cellphone camera and posted on YouTube.

The incident occurred when Jericho, driving away in a white Chevy Tahoe, was surrounded at a stop sign by hundreds of people, who prevented him from leaving. They were heckling him after he lost Saturday’s RAW Live WWE bout.

In the video, one man can be heard yelling at Jericho, “You’re an insult to Canadians you [expletive].” A blond girl pushes Jericho. The wrestler, wearing dark sunglasses and a leather jacket, stares her down for several seconds, then turns around to get back into the SUV. She pushes him again, and he retaliates with a swing to the face that knocks her to the ground.

A melee ensues where Jericho pushes at least one arena security guard, yelling, “Do your [expletive] job — get this stupid [expletive] out of here.”

Several witnesses said arena security guards were standing around and not doing enough to break up the fight.

One witness said she saw the 225-pound wrestler spit in the blond woman’s face after she approached his SUV. The woman started hitting Jericho, which is when he punched her, said Darshan Stevens, who watched from about a metre away.

“I was really surprised that a pro wrestler would do that with everyone watching,” Stevens said. “And hit a girl, what are you thinking?”

Jericho drove off, she said, just minutes before several Victoria police cruisers arrived.

Victoria police confirmed there was an altercation involving Jericho and two others outside the arena, but said the wrestler left before police had a chance to speak to him. Two fans were taken into police custody but later released.

Investigating officer Const. Brenda Kelly said yesterday that police are trying to contact WWE representatives and Jericho, but have so far been unsuccessful. No charges have been laid and the incident is under investigation. Police want any witnesses to contact them, said Kelly.

The WWE issued a statement yesterday saying that Jericho physically and verbally assaulted after his car was attacked by a “mob” when he was attempting to leave the parking lot.

WWE spokesman Kevin Hennessy said yesterday in a telephone interview that the female fan provoked the incident. He rejected suggestions that Jericho punched the woman, calling the term “a little extreme.” “I didn’t see him actually take a swing,” he said, referring to the video.

As for whether Jericho was assaulted, he said, “That’s for the cops to decide.”

The woman who was hit, 20-year-old Ashley Levey, said the altercation began when her boyfriend, Kalen Johl, heckled Jericho. Jericho got out of his vehicle, Levey said, and made a derogatory comment to Johl, who is South Asian. She said Jericho pushed Kohl first. Levey called Jericho a racist, so he spit on and punched her, she said. Levey said she and Johl were later arrested but released without charge. She wants Jericho charged with assault.

Jericho is a five-time World Heavyweight Champion and the first WWF Undisputed Champion. Raised in Winnipeg, Jericho was inducted into the Canadian Wrestling Hall of Fame in 1997. In 2004, he was awarded Manitoba’s Order of the Buffalo Hunt for his achievements in wrestling and his work with underprivileged children. The award was previously given to Pope John Paul II, Desmond Tutu and Mother Teresa.

So Jericho, as far as I can figure, was attacked by a real honest-to-God true believer, just like the guys who used to stab and punch wrestlers in the old territory days.

Good times. :lol:

Sounds like some tweaker trash in tapout gear were expecting him to come over to their group and take pictures and sign autographs and when he blew them off and went to his car to leave one ran and started banging on his car and walked in front so he couldn't drive away.

HAHA. Fantastic call, sir. I did a search on Facebook and there's only one Kalen Johl on there. And he's from *drumroll* Vancouver, BC. And he's wearing a Tapout hoodie.

s513088725_1785.jpg

There's only one Ashley Levey, but it's in New Jersey.

I can't find him on facebook! I was going to Private message him, talking shit...

I'm glad this is finally getting out there. That damn Jericho's been pulling this shit for years and getting away with it. Beating up women and stuff.

Do I need to remind you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WYX6P2sqMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PnhtuI-xDk...=1&index=28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUXeDphlEeU...feature=related

That last one still brings a tear to my eye! They need to put his ass under the jail!

Fucking menace.

I don't know how Facebook works, but part of me really wants to e-mail these people and see if they know how wrestling works. We're all saying they're old-school "it's real" marks, but I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if someone actually checked. There have been so many times at live shows when I want to turn to people near me and say, "OK, you *do* understand what's really going on, right?" As someone in one of the articles says, you'd think the only adults who don't know what's going on are ones who have some sort of mental condition. It's one thing to get *really* into the show, but quite another to get involved in the show.

I love how they are trying to pull the race card on Jericho as justification of why they attacked his car. And that Jericho attacked first when every video clearly shows her crazy ass friend and her making the first attacks on Chris.

I don't agree with hitting a lady, but "honey, you ain't no lady" is my response here. Apparently Chris just tried to walk and drive away about 3 times before he attacked. And seriously, surrounded by a mob of people and they shove you against your car...yeah, it's on. Chris (or Trips or anyone) shouldn't be punished in this case since it was obvious he was attacked first by every report. Well, other than the two attackers but is that really any surprise?

The WWE should make this an angle.

You mean this is not an angle already? The lack of security for this one specific wrestler only happens if security are total fools (very possible), or if those two are plants (they were arrested, but not charged, then released). Given Christian Bale's recent rant, this could be a viral, albeit stupid, work. If it is, the media will expose it soon enough, or WWE will expose it on Raw when they brag too soon.

If this is true, though, it still helps Jericho with his current angle. The one place he was untouchable was in Canada. Now he's not.

Sounds like some tweaker trash in tapout gear were expecting him to come over to their group and take pictures and sign autographs and when he blew them off and went to his car to leave one ran and started banging on his car and walked in front so he couldn't drive away.

HAHA. Fantastic call, sir. I did a search on Facebook and there's only one Kalen Johl on there. And he's from *drumroll* Vancouver, BC. And he's wearing a Tapout hoodie.

s513088725_1785.jpg

There's only one Ashley Levey, but it's in New Jersey.

I can't find him on facebook! I was going to Private message him, talking shit...

Were you gonna tell him he was letting down the Vancouver chapter of 'Canadian Gangsta Wannabe's?

Were you gonna tell him he was letting down the Vancouver chapter of 'Canadian Gangsta Wannabe's?

Don't flamebait outside NHB's... n00b.

You flamebaited YKRG just today....n00b.

Hopefully this will blow over soon for Jericho, looks like WWE is standing behind him.

Don't flamebait outside NHB's... n00b.

You flamebaited YKRG just today....n00b.

Hopefully this will blow over soon for Jericho, looks like WWE is standing behind him.

Thank you bob_barron for pointing that out, I don't know all of us TSM can go through a day without you're hall monitor attempts.

Anyway, who would've thought Chris Jericho and Chris Brown would've kicked off the "Hard on Hoes" 2009 tour. I never heard any racial slurs from Jericho in the video, so it's very pathetic from them to pull the race card.

I wonder why Canadians hate him, though? Aren't they supposed to be "smart" fans? Do they think wrestling is real?

BC is an exception.

I was really hoping for the guy in the "One More Round" shirt to get knocked out cold, but it looks like he was more of an all bark, no bite kinda guy. I have nothing against wearing "MMA brand" clothing, but I hate how at least 75% of people who do, automatically thinks it makes them some big tough guy.

I don't think that the situation would have escalated this far if Jericho had Rufus and the Jericholic Ninja from his WCW days.

Or Lance Cade.

mr_hughes.jpg

This morning on Fox News, they had former federal prosecutor and a defense attorney on the show and discussed the Chris Jericho incident from this past weekend. They discussed the incident, and then played some footage of what happened. The former prosecutor claimed Jericho to be at fault and that he should be charged, because words alone cannot justify his actions. The defense attorney said that security did nothing and said that Jericho acted reasonably due to the issues of provocation. The host brought up how Jericho was forced to stop by a fan jumping in front of his vehicle and then claimed that Jericho's comments during the show that might have instigated the situation. The prosecutor said that Jericho had no justification and he had alternative means to avoid the situation. He focused on the situation with Jericho and the woman then talked about how wrestling promotes this atmosphere and then says that you cannot change the situation when things go too far. After the segment was complete, the host said that she is on Jericho's side, claiming that the woman had no right doing what she did.

He focused on the situation with Jericho and the woman then talked about how wrestling promotes this atmosphere and then says that you cannot change the situation when things go too far. After the segment was complete, the host said that she is on Jericho's side, claiming that the woman had no right doing what she did.

Sounds like the federal prosecutor would also be one to believe everything a heel says to the crowd at a show.

Perhaps WWE should modify their traveling plans since I've seen this type of thing happen at house shows I've attended. It'd probably be smarter to have the wrestlers park their cars at an offsite location such as their hotel, then have them take a shuttle bus to the arena for the show. Most traveling sports teams use this approach and it allows for better control and security of the players.