TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Celtic Jobber

Jericho mobbed by fans, hits woman

From WWE.com's "Industry News" Section - doesn't say where it's pulled from, though...

After leaving a live event in Victoria, British Columbia on Saturday evening, Chris Jericho's car was attacked by a mob when he was stopped at a stop sign. Unable to proceed, Jericho exited his car to ask the crowd to clear a path so he could continue through the intersection. A man and a woman physically and verbally assaulted Jericho.

Arena and WWE security arrived to establish enough order to allow Jericho to re-enter his vehicle and depart. The local police arrived minutes later.

Jericho was unharmed in the incident. The man and woman who assaulted Jericho were arrested.

I can't say I blame Jericho. If you're physically provoked, you have the right to defend yourself. No wonder security is tough at arenas because of bullshit like this!

Edit: I just got off the phone with my buddy whose attending the RAW show tonight, he said Jericho snuck out the back of the hotel to avoid fans. Apparantly, Jericho is traumatized by this incident.

I wonder how Nancy Grace will cover this? He went from main eventing Super Brawl to hitting woman. Were steroids involved? Marc Mero will on to discuss this...

Oh, Mero would be easy to deal with just run that angle he had with Sable back in the day where he was total dick to her and then ask him how could he be a part of that. Or since apparently dumbasses think wrestling is real than they'll think he's a real life wife beater.

Jericho has never been this over.

Yeah, Vince should capitalize on this and have Jericho running around sucker punching the divas. Some great cheap heat there.

There will probably be a lawsuit from someone over this incident, but what's interesting is how WWE will handle this on TV. They almost have to mention it with Flair showing up tonight, since Flair had his little run in with that goof a while ago that Edge mentioned in a promo.

There will probably be a lawsuit from someone over this incident, but what's interesting is how WWE will handle this on TV. They almost have to mention it with Flair showing up tonight, since Flair had his little run in with that goof a while ago that Edge mentioned in a promo.

If there's going to be a legal battle, then the WWE would be smart not to mention it.

I thought with the Chris Brown incident this weekend and him missing the Grammys because of it, maybe the Jericho stuff would fade away, but I was on Yahoo earlier and although Brown was the pictured story, in the main news headlines, there was a video link to "WWE wrestler in parking lot scuffle with angry mob". It's already gone now and did just have the link to the Kelly's Court segment that was linked earlier in this thread, where although talking about Haystacks Colhoun, does seem like for the most part Jericho gets a fair break.

The best part is if the couple does try to file a lawsuit, they won't have a case.

I wonder how Nancy Grace will cover this? He went from main eventing Super Brawl to hitting woman. Were steroids involved? Marc Mero will on to discuss this...

:lol:

Knowing Nancy, she'll probably be covering the story for the next month or two aound the clock!

The funny thing is shit like this happened all the time back in the day. I don't see the big deal.

Yeah... the standing rule back in the day was that if you got in a fight with a fan/mark... you better win, otherwise you'd be fired.

Sort of figure this to all get swept under the rug and we probably won't hear another word about it.....One yes the couple was arrested but they were left without charges...and just read a piece I think on Epicenter...That they don't believe that Jericho will be punished either....So there really isn't going to be much of a law suit for anyone. Actually the whole thing seems to be a he said she said. Jericho is hollering self defense...and there saying that he used racial slurs about the South Korean.

This will all be blown over by the time it gets down here to Texas at Wrestlemania....2months and they will be looking for something else to spread over the internet... :headbang: