TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - February 9, 2009

Looks like Shane might be injured given he took about 3 minutes to recover from that highspot. That might mean the PPV match might look more like Cena/Jesus than Shane/Angle.

I was so hoping shane was going to screw that up. And it looked like he almost didn't have enough in him to do it. Guy needs to realize he's in his 40s. Poor Ted, once again gets owned by shane with those all air punches too.

well they made it obvious tonight that Stephanie is turning on Shane at the PPV.

I think we were supposed to believe she was talking to Hunter on the phone in the backstage segment?

Shane going over in the beatdown means Orton beats the shit out of him at NWO right?

That's what it SHOULD mean...

What should happen is Orton completely destroying him for the entire match with Shane's "offense" consisting solely of flailing hope spots and the mere fact that he can take a severe beating from Orton and still just barely kick out of some pin attempts before he's finished off. His lone high spot should be getting Orton down and off of the offensive once late in the match. Other than that it should be total domination and destruction from Orton. Do that for 15 minutes or so and it results in a dramatic exciting match that puts Orton over like he should be, lets Shane get over as a tough guy without it being at Orton's expense, and firmly erases that ridiculous debacle of a couple weeks ago from the collective memory.

My fear is that they do a somewhat even brawl and let Shane get in all his signature spots (boxing punches, flying elbow, kendo stick, garbage can hijinx, etc.). That would be terribly pointless. Shane should be in there to sell and get Orton over, nothing more.

Shane going over in the beatdown means Orton beats the shit out of him at NWO right?

That's what it SHOULD mean...

What should happen is Orton completely destroying him for the entire match with Shane's "offense" consisting solely of flailing hope spots and the mere fact that he can take a severe beating from Orton and still just barely kick out of some pin attempts before he's finished off. His lone high spot should be getting Orton down and off of the offensive once late in the match. Other than that it should be total domination and destruction from Orton. Do that for 15 minutes or so and it results in a dramatic exciting match that puts Orton over like he should be, lets Shane get over as a tough guy without it being at Orton's expense, and firmly erases that ridiculous debacle of a couple weeks ago from the collective memory.

My fear is that they do a somewhat even brawl and let Shane get in all his signature spots (boxing punches, flying elbow, kendo stick, garbage can hijinx, etc.). That would be terribly pointless. Shane should be in there to sell and get Orton over, nothing more.

Yeah... I agree exactly with that set-up. Shane shouldn't look like a threat at all in this match.

Guy needs to realize he's in his 40s

actually he just turned 39 last month

I would agree he looks older than that but almost everyone involved in wrestling does (except Festus)

Ha. No way is Shane going to show up to get killed based on what we've seen the past few weeks. Putting Orton against Shane was quite possibly the worst idea post Rumble they could have done to keep Orton's momentum.

As far as Steph turning on Shane to side with Orton....why? If Steph turns heel they would quite literally be running the same "Evil Bitch GM" storyline on both shows, but Steph won't draw near the crazy heat that Vickie does on SD.

The day Taker finally retires will be a sad day, his entrance just makes the character.

I agree with Spiff, I'm going to be celebrating when that occurs.

Flair looks like hes lost some hair.

I came here to ask the same thing. It seems like Ric Flair has really aged badly in the past few years. I think the guy is almost 60, but he might as well be at least, 75. I mean, Vince McMahon is older than Flair, yet Vince somehow looks more fit and vibriant (even though I guess Vince has stopped dying his hair :P) than the Nature Boy. Ric Flair just looks really weathered (perhaps from too much "wheeling, dealing, kiss stealing, jet flying and limousine riding") and used up at this stage in his life.

I'm pretty sure we aren't supposed to think Stephanie was talking to HHH, at least out loud consciously. We're supposed to be thinking she was talking to Shane, but then do the "oh right, it makes sense that it was HHH" when that's the reveal. That's my take anyway.

This was a good show in terms of building existing feuds and the PPV on Sunday (the Flair/Jericho segment in particular was very good) so I'm surprised this got such a low turn out, especially compared to last week (but I guess last week was a lot of 'OH NOES, CENA BEAT JERICHO!' nonsense).

I was so hoping shane was going to screw that up. And it looked like he almost didn't have enough in him to do it. Guy needs to realize he's in his 40s. Poor Ted, once again gets owned by shane with those all air punches too.

Maybe you should stop watching wrestling. You always are clamoring for someone to get hurt or screw something up. Grow up.

I think JBL's going to win at NWO, mainly because most people seem to be assuming HBK will win and that's the angle over with. I'm not sure where they go from there. A few weeks of Layfield forcing HBK to do a series of demeaning tasks, and this leads to match at wrestlemania? I don't know what they're thinking. They seem to be caught between wanting to end it now, and continuing it for a few months.

Maybe you should stop watching wrestling. You always are clamoring for someone to get hurt or screw something up. Grow up.

Seconded. And that goes for all the posters that apparently live to post that kind of stuff. No wonder this forums have been going downhill for quite some time.

Flair looks like hes lost some hair.

I came here to ask the same thing. It seems like Ric Flair has really aged badly in the past few years. I think the guy is almost 60, but he might as well be at least, 75. I mean, Vince McMahon is older than Flair, yet Vince somehow looks more fit and vibriant (even though I guess Vince has stopped dying his hair :P) than the Nature Boy. Ric Flair just looks really weathered (perhaps from too much "wheeling, dealing, kiss stealing, jet flying and limousine riding") and used up at this stage in his life.

I've said this before.. I think that Flair might have some form of diabetes. His aging process is starting to mirror what Johnny Cash went through. One year he looks his age... the next he looks 10 years older.. 2 years later he looks 20 years older, his face is all puffy and distorted looking. It's brutal. =\